Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

His subs yesterday were bizarre and showed a lack of experience.
Like I said with 10 men they didn't look like they would concede really till that class finish so I can see why he's happy with their performance

Not saying he's perfect by any stretch. But even our man robins has his subs criticised too remember. All managers do

Skyblue Bangkok

We cut them open a few times first half and but for two players both going for the same goal we’d have scored before the pen.

Look at how Burnley have fared this season with another manager who learned from Pep.
He did not learn management from Pep so much ,he left the club a while ago, was average in Belgium as a manager.

Rodders1

Here’s my view on things. Harsh pen, harsh red, Palmer lucky also. Obviously delighted with the result. Would have loved to beat them 11v11 over 90 as they will always moan about the red.

The truth is we wanted it more. And I think we’d have still got the result.

Leicester fans saying we’ve won the cup is sour grapes. They’re top, a squad worth 10 times ours, it’s a derby and we can’t celebrate. Hilarious.

Astute

Like I said with 10 men they didn't look like they would concede really till that class finish so I can see why he's happy with their performance

Not saying he's perfect by any stretch. But even our man robins has his subs criticised too remember. All managers do
Did you watch the game with your eyes closed?

For starters how about the save from Sakamoto their GK pushed onto the post? They were always going to be knackered towards the end. All we had to do is keep the pressure on and not give them any chances. At no time did I think we would lose. Not even after they scored.

We would have been stupid to throw any more in attack. We controlled the game well. It was 1 way traffic. They parked the bus at HT. Solid? Not really. It is just more difficult to score against a side that doesn't want to play. And we scored 3 times in the 45 minutes. The first time they have let 3 goals in all season.

covcity4life

Did you watch the game with your eyes closed?

For starters how about the save from Sakamoto their GK pushed onto the post? They were always going to be knackered towards the end. All we had to do is keep the pressure on and not give them any chances. At no time did I think we would lose. Not even after they scored.

We would have been stupid to throw any more in attack. We controlled the game well. It was 1 way traffic. They parked the bus at HT. Solid? Not really. It is just more difficult to score against a side that doesn't want to play. And we scored 3 times in the 45 minutes. The first time they have let 3 goals in all season.
I said with 10 men. Second half they didn't look in serious danger of conceding till they did.

I really don't get what your issue is with a manager saying he's proud and happy with his side that were down to 10 men losing in last few mins of the game. It can only be bias and rivalry.

napolimp

Just came across Maresca's post match interview; "Today I prefer to talk about the game, not the referee" - starts talking about the referee. Interviewer pushes him about the referee - starts talking about how bad refs were from past matches.

Macca1987

I get when people say Palmer was lucky to not get two yellows
But if we look at the first half there could have been at least four yellows for Leicester
, their winger booting the ball into the crowd obvious yellow, some of the blatant fouls as we turned to move up the pitch
Given the second half yellows and how we pressed they could have been down to 9 not 10

HadjiChippo

I really don't get what your issue is with a manager saying he's proud and happy with his side that were down to 10 men losing in last few mins of the game. It can only be bias and rivalry.
You’re arguing against a point no one brought up. No one said anything about him being happy with his teams performance. My original comment you responded to was about his delusion over the conspiracy against his team, annoyed people (clearly inferring shadowy football league people/refs conspiring against them) wanting him to lose, weird decisions going against him etc., feeling aggrieved over yellows that weren’t given, calling for a handball in the first half (not in a million years didn’t even touch the players hands/arms) just downright bizarre, desperate comments.

It was peak sour grapes from a guy who’s had everything his own way all season. He’s going to be in for a shock in the Prem if the decisions in that game rattled him like that. Reminded me of Arteta’s petulance so might fit in perfectly actually.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

You’re arguing against a point no one brought up. No one said anything about him being happy with his teams performance. My original comment you responded to was about his delusion over the conspiracy against his team, annoyed people (clearly inferring shadowy football league people/refs conspiring against them) wanting him to lose, weird decisions going against him etc., feeling aggrieved over yellows that weren’t given, calling for a handball in the first half (not in a million years didn’t even touch the players hands/arms) just downright bizarre, desperate comments.

It was peak sour grapes from a guy who’s had everything his own way all season. He’s going to be in for a shock in the Prem if that decisions in that game rattled him like that. Reminded me of Arteta’s petulance so might fit in perfectly actually.
Came across a lot like the Fulham manager after we beat them twice

covcity4life

It was peak sour grapes from a guy who’s had everything his own way all season. He’s going to be in for a shock in the Prem if that decisions in that game rattled him like that. Reminded me of Arteta’s petulance so might fit in perfectly actually.
Arteta being another top manager in the making of course lol

Is this your first day watching football? A manager being annoyed at ref decisions is common and doesn't make them good or shit.

Great day to pick for first game mind you lol

HadjiChippo

Is this your first day watching football? A manager being annoyed at ref decisions is common and doesn't make them good or shit.

Not even a proper response mate and you know it. Keep building them strawmen up to attack rather than what people are actually saying.

covcity4life

Not even a proper response mate and you know it.
What r u talking about. Of course it is. I find it embarrassing you are getting so annoyed about a manager not being happy with the ref.

I don't think he's a shit manager cos he lost a game with 10 men. That doesn't mean I think he's Alex Ferguson either.

I have nothing else to say on the matter. I don't like tribalism when it gets silly. Never have .

HadjiChippo

What r u talking about. Of course it is. I find it embarrassing you are getting so annoyed about a manager not being happy with the ref.

I don't think he's a shit manager cos he lost a game with 10 men. That doesn't mean I think he's Alex Ferguson either.

I have nothing else to say on the matter. I don't like tribalism when it gets silly. Never have .
Managers inferring that people above him (tv execs, refs, ???) are trying to manufacture a loss for a winning side is the embarrassment, and completely tries to take the win away from us. You’re not even reading peoples replies just getting angry and lashing out because you love Enzo and he’s above reproach to you.

covcity4life

Managers inferring that people above him (tv execs, refs, ???) are trying to manufacture a loss for a winning side is the embarrassment, and completely tries to take the win away from us. You’re not even reading peoples replies just getting angry and lashing out because you love Enzo and he’s above reproach to you.
Because I love Enzo lol

Have a good day

SlowerThanPlatt

Arteta a top manager in the making? Not sure many Arsenal fans would agree with you.

shmmeee

It still don't make him a bad manager. My original response was to btec pep will get hammered in prem comment. Just saying no evidence to suggest that just yet.

His terrible tactics yesterday don’t suggest otherwise TBF. If you’re that scared of a mid table Champ side when down to ten men the PL is going to be a shock. The point about Kompany is valid too.

Does Mowbray know you’ve moved on BTW?

covcity4life

His terrible tactics yesterday don’t suggest otherwise TBF. If you’re that scared of a mid table Champ side when down to ten men the PL is going to be a shock. The point about Kompany is valid too.

8th at start of day no? Not midtable. Your making up stuff cos you know I'm right.

Your the type of fans that say ref hates us every game. But now annoyed at opposition doing it. I find it all very weird.

And not worth my time.

shmmeee

8th at start of day no? Not midtable. Your making up stuff cos you know I'm right.

Your the type of fans that say ref hates us every game. But now annoyed at opposition doing it. I find it all very weird.

And not worth my time.

A fan doing someone and a manager doing it are not the same.

stupot07

I didn't think they were good when they went to 10 men, our tempo was just not quick enough, we didn't stretch the play wide enough and when we did get the ball out wide there wasn't enough people in the box. Then we made the changes, the tempo quickened, we used the width better and we actually had people in the box.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread