Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (1 Viewer)

astleyfox

What a game, problem was they thought they just had to turn up, they didn’t account for the fact we wanted it more, every single player gave it everything, when the team
sheet went up i feared the worst but robins seems to get the best out of whatever team we put out,
Calm down flower, you were 3 minutes from NOT beating ten men, when you ha twelve. Mind hat gap now!

wantageskyblue

Just had a look at one of their forums - my God I knew they were deluded but they are taking it to new levels tonight. Apparently the challenge of Bidwell was only a yellow card at the worst. Can you imagine one of our players making a challenge like that on one of theirs at the New Filbert Street? Apparently none of their fans would think it was worthy of a card - course not….

SeaSeeEffCee

Calm down flower, you were 3 minutes from NOT beating ten men, when you ha twelve. Mind hat gap now!
Can't believe the 'mighty' Leicester just threw the towel in because they were down to 10 men, you'd think with the money spent on the squad they'd be more than capable of getting a result even with a man less. Clearly a team used to having it all their own way.

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

they say we celebrated like a cup final but they were having group hugs and hi fives every time they got a goal kick

it's ruined them and it is lovely to see

The celebrations are like that every time we win.

Meanwhile, Leicester fans celebrated there goal by clapping and sitting back down.

Mucca Mad Boys

So where was the hyperbole in the comment you replied to?

if Maresca manages games like he did today, they’ll get taken apart in the Prem, regardless of ref decisions. Even their fans were amazed by how poor he handled today.
100% agreed. I was baffled with him saying he was proud of his players.

In the first half, I genuinely felt Leicester offered very little despite having a stronger team. We had the better of the first half, despite Leicester creating the best 1dt half chance and the penalty. The second half however, they had next to zero threat.

Clearly Leicester are a great Championship outfit, but Enzo is a BTEC Pep and whilst that’s good enough to walk the Championship, I can’t see how they survive next season playing the way they do. Burnley 2.0 in my view.

Brighton Sky Blue

It doesn't always work like that. It's been a great appointment by them. They didn't look like conceding till they did. I can understand why he said he was happy with their performance
We cut them open a few times first half and but for two players both going for the same goal we’d have scored before the pen.
That he will get taken apart in prem. By all accounts he looks like a decent manager and learning from pep always helps.

Your just having a go cos he's Leicester manager.
Look at how Burnley have fared this season with another manager who learned from Pep.

Astute

100% agreed. I was baffled with him saying he was proud of his players.
Most things about Leicester these days are media hype. They now believe it themselves. They haven't played as well as you would expect for a side tipped to go up with a record amount of points. They are normally decent going forward and cocky at the back. They have been saved by the lack of decent strikers this season. I'm sure I've seen more sitters missed this season than most.

Come on Ipswich and get the win. Want to finish above Ipswich but the comedy value is just too much to pass on. 2 defeats on the bounce and lead to 3rd cut from 13 points to 7 points in 2 games 😂😂😂

TomRad85

We cut them open a few times first half and but for two players both going for the same goal we’d have scored before the pen.

Look at how Burnley have fared this season with another manager who learned from Pep.
Burnley being below Luton, considering their spend, is fucking embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Most things about Leicester these days are media hype. They now believe it themselves. They haven't played as well as you would expect for a side tipped to go up with a record amount of points. They are normally decent going forward and cocky at the back. They have been saved by the lack of decent strikers this season. I'm sure I've seen more sitters missed this season than most.

Come on Ipswich and get the win. Want to finish above Ipswich but the comedy value is just too much to pass on. 2 defeats on the bounce and lead to 3rd cut from 13 points to 7 points in 2 games 😂😂😂

I want them to smash Ipswich, I haven't given up hope of catching them even though its a massive long shot.

Chris1987

Dewsbury-Hall is every Leicester fan right now. A broken, bitter, mess.

Laughable as they are just trying to pass it off as an off day sabotaged by the ref against team who was playing their "cup final" . Deep down they're hating every minute of it . Pathetic

Astute

I want them to smash Ipswich, I haven't given up hope of catching them even though its a massive long shot.
It isn't a long shot.

It wasn't that long ago when I was saying we would most probably make the playoffs and could see us in the playoffs by the end of January. Most were still giving mid table or even worse. But we have surpassed even my expectations. And what else is exceptional is in the last 9 games we have played 5 of the top 6 rivals. Won 2 drawn 2 lost 1. 10 goals for 4 against. The defeat was 9 games ago.

Now for a run of easier games. Get a cup run going. Hopefully get a Prem side to compare ourselves against because the supposed best team in the Championship couldn't live with us. Made them look very ordinary at best.

It's a long hard season. Just over halfway now. The worse two months of weather and injuries are ahead. Ipswich have some good players but not many in reserve. Wouldn't take much to damage their chances. But whatever happens they've had a fantastic season.

There's nearly always a team or two that do well the first half of the season then fall away. This season the present top 6 look quite solid. Outside of these can't see another club capable of winning at least half their remaining games. Can see another low amount of points needed for 6th place again.

Mcbean

The celebrations are like that every time we win.

Meanwhile, Leicester fans celebrated there goal by clapping and sitting back down.
Because only the brighter ones managed to find the cbs - load of them still wandering around Tescos looking for the ground

covcity4life

Fair enough, your threshold for what is “hyperbole” is a lot lower than mine. Every game next season in the Prem will be tougher than this one, we’ll see how he does when his squad isn’t a league/level above the competition.
Yeah we will. I don't think kompany is a bad manager all of a sudden either btw

I'm talking second half with 10 men they looked solid

And kompany is a good example actually. I don't think he's a bad manager all of a sudden because they are fighting relegation.

Burnley could have hired someone else last year and not got promoted.

People are only having a pop cos it's a rival team re enzo

TomRad85

Yeah we will. I don't think kompany is a bad manager all of a sudden either btw

I'm talking second half with 10 men they looked solid

And kompany is a good example actually. I don't think he's a bad manager all of a sudden because they are fighting relegation.

Burnley could have hired someone else last year and not got promoted.

People are only having a pop cos it's a rival team re enzo
Is this Marescas cousin posting?

Gynnsthetonic

The morning after and just had a flashback, can someone explain why the players were kicking off with each other, can't remember now whether it was after the 3rd goal or final whistle

Users who are viewing this thread