Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Great last 15 once we got Allen and Simms on and actually started to try and get behind them, creates the space. Two brilliant finishes from O'Hare.

Can't believe I've not gone today, away with my missus for my birthday, what a present.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Happy birthday Fernando

Alkhen

It’s okay mate, I questioned the subs too
It wasn't even the subs I just couldn't see which of our players would be able to find the ball to unlock a team that had entirely closed up shop. Felt like we excelled at counter attacking since our change in form and how the game ran just wasn't suiting.

The subs actually opened up some space. Simms presence caused doubt in their defense and the rest is history!

Garlana86

I love this club, makes it all worth it

let’s enjoy this SBT

Superb result, well done to the manager and the team.

Valuable lesson learned, never doubt this team, was really guilty of it at the start of the season, been proved massively wrong

PUSB
All this, impressive win. I worried that the extra man wasn't going to make much difference due to their quality, but oh I was wrong, we were so in control.

HadjiChippo

I must be a fucking dinosaur. How on earth is that a penalty? Where is his leg meant to go? He’s running at full pace, wins the ball and barely scrapes his inner thigh. Fucking joke, turning the game into a non contact sport.

covcity4life

jDS Allen and Simms all did so well as subs. Such strength in depth now. Stop moaning about having options and never wanting your favourite to not be in the 11 people. They are all sky blues

slowpoke

Promise I’m not piling on, but the game did change once Palmer came off
Adding Dasilva’s pace made a massive difference and I have to say Allen’s box to box running to, didn’t have that with the Sheaf/Eccles partnership.

skybluegod

That is the hardest kind of game to win against 10 men. We didn't get to benefit from the chaos going down to 10 normally brings as it was just before half time. And you just know that they would put 10 behind the ball all second half. Would have been easy for us to panic and get a bit flappy but players stuck at it. Couple moments of real quality to win it for us.

Get in.

covcity4life

We are certainly a more complete side and way more versatile
Collins better than Wilson
CBS same solid quality
Mve better than BNC and dabo
LB now has 2 good options rather than young loaner
CM misses hamer but is finding a new way to work it seems
Striker misses gyok and not quite there yet but wright and saka give us diff dimension to vik

We are starting to score now. Albeit Vs 10 men today. But yeah I think we're a better TEAM now.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

All this, impressive win. I worried that the extra man wasn't going to make much difference due to their quality, but oh I was wrong, we were so in control.

I think along with the red and man less, what also made a difference was their manager taking off Mavididi on half time, why on Earth he thought that was a good move I’ll never know but it meant we had nothing really to worry about coming at us with their two attackers off and Cannon not know for scoring loads

Users who are viewing this thread