Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

This game is all about the referee. He let Leicester hack us down constantly without pulling a card, including one which could easily be deemed a goalscoring opportunity (keeper well away from his line). He set up the conditions for escalation and has now lost control. Their penalty some might think harsh: Thomas got the ball but then hit their player on the follow through. Foot was high though, but lower than other of their fouls. Their red also not much worse than other fouls which didn't even see yellow.

We are the better side. Created lots of chances, the best being a wonderful pull back which O'hare fluffed. Sheaf, Palmer, Tats excellent. Godden better than recent weeks but still mostly ineffective. Pointless to play him in from long as it doesn't stick. Simms soon please, may not have any shooting boots but keeps the ball alive when creating a counter-attack.

MalcSB

Leicester fans maths isn’t up to much, is it? And a huge range of chants, varying from Leicester, Leicester to Leicester, Leicester.

xcraigx

Don't deserve to be behind, really good first half. Play like that against 10 men in the second half and we'll get something here.

Terry Gibson's perm

I couldn’t see it as a penalty - he got the ball - he was high I guess and it was a risky challenge but he got the ball - Thomas has had a dire game in truth - don’t see it as a red but a reckless challenge

On the tv they are saying Thomas got away with no red.

Grendel

Where's Thomas supposed to go after winning the ball ? Shite decision wank refs shite rules

VAR probably would have give it

Sky Blue Pete

Was he fuck out of control. It was a strong tackle and got the ball, the sort you’d demand in a Derby game.
Watch it back
It’s an awful follow through that’s unnecessary given he didn’t need to stud the players knee after winning the ball

Not see the red card tackle if he’d given himself time he would have said yellow and expect it to be overturned on appeal was reckless not excessive forced

SkyblueTexan

Red card was warranted for Fatawu. Never a pen as contact was made with the ball first. Thomas cannot do anything about making contact with KDH. That’s just bullshit. Plus ref books half our team and none of their players except for the red which seemed a makeup call. Ref sucks and has spoiled a perfectly good game.

Gint11

Regarding the pen, the position Thomas was in, he has no choice but to go with his right foot otherwise the Leicester player is on. The follow through looks bad but it’s harsh because it’s a natural position from the tackle. Harsh but if it was the other way round, I’d be calling it.

ccfc922

That’s the rules now though. He was out of control. It’s a pen.

With how he's reaching for the ball, that impact wouldn't snap a wotsit, never mind a leg. Studs might hurt, but that's go next to no impact.

The cuntt rolling around helped the ref.

Thomas has won the ball, it's as simple as that. If that was given to us, I'd say it's not a penalty.

pusbccfc

Where's his leg meant to go then? It looks worse on replay.

So now if you kick the ball, and your natural follow through catches someone, it's a foul?

He's moved towards his foot. Clever from the Leicester man, poor from the ref.

HadjiChippo

If that is a high boot what about their goalie in the first half with his boot an inch away from out players head going for the ball. Fucking shambles some decisions here. I thought their red was borderline I'd be pissed off if it was one of our players but I'd understand why it was given.
Exactly, if we’d have made a meal of that the ref might’ve done something but that’s one of the most obvious high footed dangerous challenges I’ve seen. Lucky our player pulled out or he’s getting a serious concussion there

hill83

With how he's reaching for the ball, that impact wouldn't snap a wotsit, never mind a leg. Studs might hurt, but that's go next to no impact.

The cuntt rolling around helped the ref.

Thomas has won the ball, it's as simple as that. If that was given to us, I'd say it's not a penalty.

“Won the ball” is unfortunately irrelevant now

Grendel

I have seen it back in the bar - it’s difficult to say it’s not a penalty in truth - probably unlucky that it’s given in open play but it’s a dumb challenge

stupot07

Decent half, don't deserve to be losing. We limited them, but they had a great chance and should have been 1-0 up, then O'Hare should have hit the target.

Palmer has been poor, been beaten to the ball too many times, touch has been heavy and then his through balls needed Usain Bolt upfront.

It's difficult as Goddens no really offering that much, but he's played ok.

Sheaf, Bidwell and Sakamoto the standouts in the first half.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Watch it back
It’s an awful follow through that’s unnecessary given he didn’t need to stud the players knee after winning the ball

Not see the red card tackle if he’d given himself time he would have said yellow and expect it to be overturned on appeal was reckless not excessive forced
Changed my mind seen it from two angles and excessive force is right call

come on city let’s beat these

Nick

Administrator
Red card was warranted for Fatawu. Never a pen as contact was made with the ball first. Thomas cannot do anything about making contact with KDH. That’s just bullshit. Plus ref books half our team and none of their players except for the red which seemed a makeup call. Ref sucks and has spoiled a perfectly good game.

They had at least 2 where their players were beaten and they just fouled to stop an attack.

Users who are viewing this thread