Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (3 Viewers)

mark82

Doesn't take much to make the team look a bit weaker, does it? Let's see how we go but would rather have started with Simms and Wright is a big miss.

TomRad85

Leicester team looks pretty strong when you see it laid out doesn't it. Definitely going to miss Haji but still going in hopeful we can get something.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mark82

I know Torp needs to build fitness but surprised he didn't make the bench, even if just for a 5 minute fitness building cameo if the match allows.

Tommo1993

Feels like a last dance for godden.
Win the fans back or prove your done

Think that’s pretty steep tbf. “Win the fans back”, how’s he doing that, other than bagging an unlikely hat trick? Not that he’s lost them anyway.

Garlana86

Honestly just think Simms in for Godden would make me feel better about this lineup. Nothing we can do about Haji, but for some reason I think Robbins is giving Godden a chance off 2 goals against a league 1 team. As always...hope I'm wrong with my pessimism.

skybluecam

I know Torp needs to build fitness but surprised he didn't make the bench, even if just for a 5 minute fitness building cameo if the match allows.
To be fair he only signed on Thursday, probably hasn’t even trained with the team properly yet.

mark82

To be fair, wasn't O'Hare and Palmer on the bench before they played for the u21s, after longer lay offs?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
This was my thinking. Players are out longer with injuries, although suppose they've probably trained more before they come into the squad than Torp will have.

stupot07

I hadn't realised how big a side Leicester are. Why do we have so many small players

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I think this was probably one of the first games there’s a proper dilemma re who starts up front, because Godden can score goals, finishes better than most at the club and has just scored twice against a decent (albeit nowhere near the same quality and also in a different setting) team, whereas Simms offers hold up play and strength, he would bully defenders in the way Godden simply won’t - it’s a difficult call, and hopefully Robins has called it the right way, we’ll see!

Would there not have been an argument for playing one of Simms / Godden wide rather than Palmer? who knows, again we’ll see in about an hour’s time.

As for Eccles / Lats - I would rather have a slightly stronger, more defensive minded and less error prone player (Lats), but maybe Eccles fits the plan better, whatever that may be….

It is noticeable however that when you take a couple of players out our overall squad does seem a little lightweight, and especially noticeable that although Simms and Wright both get a fair bit of stick, without those two names on the team sheet we don’t look as strong.

Please just get behind the team today, no matter what your thoughts are on who is playing, they all wear the shirt and without sounding too cliched, the twelfth man could be the difference in a packed stadium with what sounds like it could be a tasty atmosphere, if Lestuh fans decide to make any noise….

see you on the other side 🫡

SeaSeeEffCee

To be fair, wasn't O'Hare and Palmer on the bench before they played for the u21s, after longer lay offs?

They’d have been training though. Torp has spent most of the last 5 weeks on holiday seeing as it was the end of the Norweigan season.

Great_Expectations

We all knew the team so we shouldn’t be surprised and so I’ve already processed the disappointment (ish).

However, some perspective on Palmer. He’s a good player, playing his best football in a Cov shirt. This isn’t bringing Taveres in.

We know the downside will be his positional sense, but with Bidwell behind him and their style of play, this will be mitigated somewhat.

As for Godden > Simms, that’s the bigger frustration but let’s hope he pulls out a big performance today with a point to prove and confidence from last game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think its the twitter circle jerk that's making people think like this mate tbh

If you see it every day from the people you follow , then you will think it
Maybe, just a bizarre thing to say. You’d think he ritually sacrificed Sky Blue Sam

SeaSeeEffCee

Group of Leicester fans just made the smart decision to the try and walk through all the queuing Cov fans outside the Higgs stand while singing Leicester songs. Took about 30 seconds for one of them to get knocked to the ground.

jordan210

I think its the twitter circle jerk that's making people think like this mate tbh

If you see it every day from the people you follow , then you will think it

tbh I don’t think he needs to win the fans back. But I know he’s at the end of his career with us.

But just look at twitter and so on and see how many people are disappointed he’s playing.
Even on here during matches peoples get annoyed he can be anonymous

Gibbo

...have we got international clearance for him yet???
Just leave him in the stands to watch and learn

Users who are viewing this thread