Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (5 Viewers)

Skybluecol

4 tickets remaining!
Think we'll lose 2-1........I'm praying that I'm proven wrong
Think atmosphere will be amazing, hope kitching does start and Palmer to start on the left with simms up top. Palmer has 60mins in him most as his work rate will have to be on the money tomorrow as well as his discipline to switch on and not make daft holywood passes. Godden to come on for him on the hour mark
Attached 30,500

Chris1987

You're never going to go and restrict them to nothing so I think "got lucky" is a bit of an over statement, I can only remember one clear cut chance they missed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I do remember standing in the crowd thinking that they were going to score a winner in the last 20 minutes but maybe my memory of the number of chances they had is blurred ( probably an age thing )

pusbccfc

You're never going to go and restrict them to nothing so I think "got lucky" is a bit of an over statement, I can only remember one clear cut chance they missed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yep and we missed a couple. That Haji and O'Hare chance was a mess from both of them. Palmer had a good one too.

Amcoventry

I think during the game there will be more comments about the referee than the game on this thread. Hope we don't play for the draw!

JohnWH

To any Leicester lurkers:

Safe travels.
Whether by car, coach, or riding on a family member's back like a horse, I do sincerely wish you all safe travels and a pleasant trip. And, without contradiction to politeness, wish you all a speedy and safe trip back out of town lest your 6 finger hands scare the children. Best wishes, to your and yours.

SBAndy

With Wright out, play a midfield 3 of Eccles/Sheaf/Latibeaudiere and play O’Hare off the left. Would give me far more comfort than Palmer tracking (or not) James Justin.

David O'Day

With Wright out, play a midfield 3 of Eccles/Sheaf/Latibeaudiere and play O’Hare off the left. Would give me far more comfort than Palmer tracking (or not) James Justin.

If Palmer played on the left and was tracking Justin i'd be more worried as Justin will play Left Back today ;) Ricardo is the right back and he doesn't attack like a normal right back. He'll invert and play in Defensive CM when they have the vall

SBAndy

If Palmer played on the left and was tracking Justin i'd be more worried as Justin will play Left Back today ;) Ricardo is the right back and he doesn't attack like a normal right back. He'll invert and play in Defensive CM when they have the vall

Ah, we’ll see. Looks like Ricardo was LB and Justin RB in their last league game.

If his role is to track the inverting full back I can maybe cope with that, and that might free up the middle for O’Hare to play in there, but if he ends up the other side we might be in a spot of bother.

David O'Day

Ah, we’ll see. Looks like Ricardo was LB and Justin RB in their last league game.

If his role is to track the inverting full back I can maybe cope with that, and that might free up the middle for O’Hare to play in there, but if he ends up the other side we might be in a spot of bother.
The times I have seen them on TV it's been Ricardo at RB and The LB is basically a 3rd CB when they have the ball

They are in a 4-1-2-3 without the ball and 3-2-2-3 with the ball, it's all about extra men and overloads in the middle form them.

slowpoke

Torp trained Wednesday, Thursday , Friday think he’ll be on the bench.

coop

Be a great game as long as we score first I think stopping them scoring early will be key.Win lose or draw let's send them home with our atmosphere ringing in there ears.

AFCCOVENTRY

It’s not a game that is going define our season. Scum are expected to win. So just enjoy the day and the players should relish the derby. As long as we put in 100%.

napolimp

Had a weird feeling Allen was going to be put on the left wing in place of Wright, but probably not now sounds like Godden is playing.

Sky Blue Harry H

Be a great game as long as we score first I think stopping them scoring early will be key.Win lose or draw let's send them home with our atmosphere ringing in there ears.
Exactly the same thoughts - the one thing we don't want is an early goal for them, flattening the home atmosphere.

Jamesimus

feeling ok about the game
Same, not too bothered about the result as long as the lads give a decent account of themselves. Obviously I’d love us to win, but that is always the case! They are a good team but all of the pressure will be on them, not us.

Marty

I think Torp will be on the bench today, if we're winning comfortably or getting hammered, we can get him on and get some minutes into his legs, probably treat him like an injury return until he's fully upto speed.

Users who are viewing this thread