Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (3 Viewers)

Gint11

I want to see us have a right go at these. Nothing to fear. Beating these Saturday on the back of the run we’re on could really swing our season I feel.

slowpoke

Leicester obvious favourites and a difficult game but they do concede, I fancy us to get a decent result.

ccfcricoh

Think we've got a goal in us

Dewsbury-Hall was the only difference in the first game, he stepped it up last half hour or so and we didnt cope. If we can manage the game more like we did at Leeds we have a chance.

head - 2.1 loss again, Heart 2.1 win, would take a draw

curly_tom

We really should have won that last game, Dewsbury-Hall was excellent in the end. I think we have a very good chance of at least getting a draw in this one. They are very good and they do keep winning but our form is excellent. We have been so good in so many recent games with the only slip-up being at the end against Swansea. The cup game felt like a bit of a marker, we didn't just beat the, but we thrashed them and played like a team who really want to win and are feeling super-confident.

skybluegod

Think we will probably lose this one. 2-1 loss again. Just think they have that extra quality in the middle of the park, but you never know we are tough to be beat at home.

long way home

They are a very good squad and have prem quality all over the pitch.They will be dangerous throughout the game and unless we get everything right then im sure they will find a way to score at some point. Id take a point now if offered and happily move on to the next game with the unbeaten run intact. But make no mistake this is the biggest and most important game of our season so far, 2 form teams with them being nailed on for promotion and us pushing to be recognized as a top 6 side.

As for Robins, i imagine he will be telling the players to embrace the challenge and get used to the pressure of expectation from the fans and club. These players have been bought in for this exact purpose of playing in really meaningful games in which the result could shape the season. Win this game and perception from the outside changes on the club, from inside it will validate all the aspects they have been working on and elevate confidence to make all aims possible.

Robins will have a plan and will be watching Wright to make sure he is up and running to have a real go at them. Hope Doyle gets a good hand from ours, but then has his worse game as a pro, along with all his team mates. Want 3, happy with 1, a loss is not something i want to think about.

Last edited:

Hutch11

They are a very good squad and have prem quality all over the pitch.They will be dangerous throughout the game and unless we get everything right then im sure they will find a way to score at some point. Id take a point now if offered and happily move on to the next game with the unbeaten run intact. But make no mistake this is the biggest and most important game of our season so far, 2 form teams with them being nailed on for promotion and us pushing to be recognized as a top 6 side.

As for Robins, i imagine he will be telling the players to embrace the challenge and get used to the pressure of expectation from the fans and club. These players have been bought in for this exact purpose of playing in really meaningful games in which the result could shape the season. Win this game and perception from the outside changes on the club, from inside it will validate all the aspects they have been working on and elevate confidence to make all aims possible.

Robins will have a plan and will be watching Wright to make sure he is up and running to have a real go at them. Hope Doyle gets a good hand from ours, but then has his worse game as a pro, along with all his team mates. Want 3, happy with 1, a loss is not something i want to think about.
Great post

BananaFlats

I reckon you will get something, even win. Especially if you dont go out with fear and park the bus.Our back line is slow, offen short of one when Ricardo steps into midfield , and shilo from set pieces. There you go, I feel didty, but I said it 😜

Just going to pop this through Google Translate...

long way home

Our biggest games are against the teams we are challenging for 5th and 6th place imo. I suspect Robins will be saying the same to the players.

I did say biggest games so far... But then again you do have a way of taking bits of a sentence and creating your own narrative. You are a fucking sniper and seem to have sights on certain posts i noticed..

So for your pleasure only, ill duck my nut for a while as ill be busy enjoying my local florida golf courses and let you be to polish your weapon for a while.

Astute

I reckon you will get something, even win. Especially if you dont go out with fear and park the bus.Our back line is slow, offen short of one when Ricardo steps into midfield , and shilo from set pieces. There you go, I feel didty, but I said it 😜
The one main difference between us and most of the other sides you play is we have several players that can score. In the first game we should have been out of sight by HT. Then Dewsbury-Hall showed us how to do it in the 2nd half. We're now a much better side all over the pitch. Looking forward to seeing how much we've improved.

fernandopartridge

I did say biggest games so far... But then again you do have a way of taking bits of a sentence and creating your own narrative. You are a fucking sniper and seem to have sights on certain posts i noticed..

So for your pleasure only, ill duck my nut for a while as ill be busy enjoying my local florida golf courses and let you be to polish your weapon for a while.

What are you getting to excited for? I said our biggest games are against 5th and 6th placed teams imo. I think it's you who has got the comprehension problem friend.

napolimp

How didn't you notice that you suddenly couldn't see properly? 🤔

😅 I only use them at the match if my eyes start getting tired. I dropped the case and they flew out when it hit the floor, they disappeared into some shrubbery.

Tommo1993

Will the Incester fans on here be banned after Saturday? Bored of reading their drivel.

Philosorapter

Liking not just the positivity of this, but how things have changed in general on this site and elsewhere.

Guessing it may be a tough match, but definitely the biggest match of the season so far, in terms of just about everything.

Woolly68

Heart says 2-2, head says 1-1.😉 Can’t wait for this. They will be too strong for us to beat them but I feel a few magical moments of skill from us will get us a point. I would love for us to take all 3 points but got to be realistic.

Still the odd seats coming up for sale in the home end every now and again today. Is that because people are selling their seats (ST) if they are not turning up?

quinn1971

Would love to beat them,but think we’ll have to be at our very best just to get a point but we’re just starting to come good so sod it why not 2-1 cov

Great_Expectations

Really hope MR goes it for and plays to our strengths as opposed to fearing the oppositions. We always look a lot better on the front foot.

I expect he will play his strongest XI but tweak the tactics slightly so we start slightly more conservatively before releasing the brake at around 60 ceteris paribus.

Like others, I feel we’ll get something from this game as we will cause them problems offensively. Sakamoto, Wright and COH to steal the show.

Users who are viewing this thread