Match Thread Coventry City - Leeds United Match Thread - Saturday 6th Apr (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

Fantastic result and one which I was not expecting. If we can beat Southampton we are right back in the playoff mix.

Bidwell and Eccles and Sheaf absolutely superb, but I thought Thomas was MOTM, absolutely sublime at the back.
We can afford to lose that as long as we beat Birmingham. The Hull game is huge as will the remaining games be obviously but this was such a big result. I fancy us to get a draw at Soton as it happens.

MalcSB

We can afford to lose that as long as we beat Birmingham. The Hull game is huge as will the remaining games be obviously but this was such a big result. I fancy us to get a draw at Soton as it happens.
I don’t think we can afford to lose any.
We could win all our remaining games and miss out on the playoffs by 1 point.
Mind you, taken literally, winning all our remaining games would mean we won the FA Cup.

messiahrobins

I don’t think we can afford to lose any.
We could win all our remaining games and miss out on the playoffs by 1 point.
Mind you, taken literally, winning all our remaining games would mean we won the FA Cup.
There will be twists and turns, personally i think we will make FA Cup Final and the play off final as well. We are a far better team than we think we are, and even the players think they are. Eccles a good example. He was international class today.

Skyblue Bangkok

Just think this season we've lost to Preston twice , Cardiff twice , even Rotherham away and conceded last min equaliser to Huddersfield & Swansea but beat Lesta and Leeds.

messiahrobins

Just think this season we've lost to Preston twice , Cardiff twice , even Rotherham away and conceded last min equaliser to Huddersfield & Swansea but beat Lesta and Leeds.
Happens like that with a brand new squad, i.e inconsistency. The positve aspect is obviously this squad will be better next season looking at the age profile and having had this transitional year together, and given what they have shown us we have to surely now think winning the title next season is doable if we dont go up this season.

HadjiChippo

Unfortunately for us every side we have left except Blackburn will have a lot still to play for.

Think we need Pete’s son to ref the Southampton game in the interests of balance
Southampton realistically have nothing to play for. They’d need several clubs above to implode for autos, and can’t be caught by the teams below without imploding themselves (even then they’re basically guaranteed POs)

I can’t see the autos race going into the last day either, so expect Ipswich to know whether they have autos or playoffs before we play them. Plus, after Southampton we’ve got our harder games at home which should be an advantage.

messiahrobins

Southampton realistically have nothing to play for. They’d need several clubs above to implode for autos, and can’t be caught by the teams below without imploding themselves.

I can’t see the autos race going into the last day either, so expect Ipswich to know whether they have autos or playoffs before we play them. Plus, after Southampton we’ve got our harder games at home which should be an advantage.
Southampton will arguably one of our easier matches left, they are play off bound and i doubt will be at it so to speak much like Middlesboro were this time last season. The atmoaphere on Tuesday will be flat as a pancake as well from their fans so i fancy at least a draw. Birmingham i feel will be the harder match.

HadjiChippo

Southampton will arguably one of our easier matches left, they are play off bound and i doubt will be at it so to speak much like Middlesboro were this time last season. The atmoaphere on Tuesday will be flat as a pancake as well from their fans so i fancy at least a draw. Birmingham i feel will be the harder match.
Hope so regarding Southampton. And agreed about B’ham, local rivalry and will be fighting for their lives. Sounds like they gave Leicester a decent game as well.

messiahrobins

Hope so regarding Southampton. And agreed about B’ham, local rivalry and will be fighting for their lives. Sounds like they have Leicester a decent game as well.
Birmingham are in a bit of a false position, they have some good players there. It will be an animated atmosphere i would think so that i think, given they are fighting for their lives will be our hardest match of the season that is left.

Brighton Sky Blue

Birmingham are in a bit of a false position, they have some good players there. It will be an animated atmosphere i would think so that i think, given they are fighting for their lives will be our hardest match of the season that is left.
Rooney’s appointment dumped them in the shit but really they should never have been in this much trouble. Agree it might well be the toughest game left

Users who are viewing this thread