Match Thread Coventry City - Leeds United Match Thread - Saturday 6th Apr (4 Viewers)

hamertime

So why are the club apparently (from another poster on here) warning fans about behaviour?
I am not saying there will be trouble btw, all i was saying is they are bringing more than their allocation. Not quite sure why some are seeing it as some sort of call to arms!!
Because there will be more away supporters than normal in there , it’s always been a mixed area. No big deal

Alan Dugdales Moustache

hamertime

Fair play to Doug for getting started on sorting the away allocation out. The ground will be packed with 27500 cov fans which wouldn’t have been possible before. Even if we don’t make it this season we know we are not far away, we’re settling in as a championship side always at the business end of the table. Fans need to be in full voice tomorrow no excuses come on city!

hamertime

Don't be salty because your big "gotcha" fell flat.

Cheer up mate :)
Nothing you say is every funny you come across as a loner you’re an empty vessel without this forum. I can just imagine your house, filled with brass ornaments and weird dolls. Your stuck in a box room looking all disheveled not seen daylight in years.

hamertime

Cant see us winning this

Or get anything at Southampton leading to slim play off hopes going

We'll beat Blues for a laugh and United though
Please don’t be one of them turning up at the cbs all gloomy as you’re waiting for Leeds to score. You a drain on the fanbase.

Brighton Sky Blue

Cant see us winning this

Or get anything at Southampton leading to slim play off hopes going

We'll beat Blues for a laugh and United though
Beat Leeds, Southampton, Man Utd, Ipswich

Lose Birmingham, QPR, Hull

Finish 7th, lose to Pep in the cup final and leave a turd in the Wembley showers for Lesta’s playoff

pusbccfc

Fair play to Doug for getting started on sorting the away allocation out. The ground will be packed with 27500 cov fans which wouldn’t have been possible before. Even if we don’t make it this season we know we are not far away, we’re settling in as a championship side always at the business end of the table. Fans need to be in full voice tomorrow no excuses come on city!

How many times have we had 30,000 with cov fans behind both goals? Must be one of the highest tomorrow

Covcraig@bury

Not sure if this has been posted but Tomorrow 23 & 24 minute a sign of respect for a cov fan and 2 Leeds fans that have passed away . Let’s give the a good send off

Great_Expectations

Tomorrow will be one of the toughest games of the season, add to that the fact both teams have something to play for, and it’s going to be a really tense watch as a Cov fan.

Interesting to see if MR plays to restrict them as per the away leg or plays on the front foot à la Wolves.

While not always the most convincing defensively, MVE needs to play RB to deal with their pace. Palmer, COH, Wright to be behind Simms, as all can carry the ball forward.

Draw would be a great result and a win another level. Be great to see the in stadium reaction of 4000 of the ‘best fans in the world’ too.

Sandgroper Skybluel

2-1 to the city big scary Leeds sent back to there beloved Yorskshire with a Robins master-class. Folk in here carrying on like they are peak Barcelona. And we will need a miracle to get a result. They're a very good Championship team nothing more nothing less, we are more than capable of causing them problems.

Also fancy Ohare to start and play a blinder, and put some of the nonsense talk that he's not trying anymore to bed.

Jamesimus

Tell you what. Wont post it because of the moaning but Robins is throwing the kitchen sink at this today with the line up

Wasnt what i was expecting but V attacking

I trust the man, but he scares me sometimes. I guess if we have any serious playoff ambition still, we need to gamble. We’re good at home (pretending Cardiff and Preston didn’t happen).

Jamesimus

My guess based on Saddlebrains comments is this, or something similar, maybe dropping COH or Palmer out for Torp and just playing two behind Simms instead…

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Palmer O Hare Wright
Simms

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

On a serious point, we got a result at Leeds by not playing right into how they want most teams to play, ie leaving nice big spaces to get countered. Going gung ho doesn’t seem that wise

Jamesimus

On a serious point, we got a result at Leeds by not playing right into how they want most teams to play, ie leaving nice big spaces to get countered. Going gung ho doesn’t seem that wise

Yeah I felt we got quite lucky in the reverse fixture and ground out a point.

Ashdown

We don't want an open game do we, at least not to start ? We did a good job on these at Elland Road.
Keep Palmer under control, can be a terrible liability giving the ball away and then not tracking back. Wright can up his game and workrate again too.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread