Match Thread Coventry City - Leeds United Match Thread - Saturday 6th Apr (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Leeds are just about the best team in this league since Christmas. A draw will be a decent result but we'll need an away win to go with it else the play offs are in jeopardy.

Johnnythespider

I was feeling quite confident about this game before yesterday, lots of leggy performances so hopefully some energy can be put back into tired players legs.

stupot07

-------------------Collins
MVE --Thomas- Kitching--Bidwell
Eccles---Sheaf---Torp-------Dasilva
-----------------O'Hare
------------------Simms

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Not sure what to expect tbh ..really tough game , if we need about 13 points from 7 matches then we can afford a couple losses a draw and 4 wins roughly

Wins against Birmingham Hull Blackburn and qpr seem the most likely

mmttww

We'll need MVE's pace at right back. Leeds' pace is what scares the sh*t out of me. Do we think Bidwell is markedly slower than JDS? Never really thought about it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mrs BSB wanted me to explain how we could play as we did at Wolves then follow it up with that crap yesterday. The answer isn’t that difficult-you often will raise your game against stronger opponents.

So we might well get something on Saturday. But we really have to take our chances and cut out the glaring errors at the back.

Mcbean

you have to laugh - biggest crowd of the season and we get two own goals and and a fabulous one - normally that means a crap walk up but its going to be busy - clamp down on Summerville is the key

SleepyGinger

Starting MVE and Dasilva on the wings? Were playing Leeds at home not Man City at the etihad. They’ve dropped points at Watford and scraped past Hull in their last 2, we can beat them.

shmmeee

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go back to 3 x ch for this one. Extra body at the back with their front 4. Think it will be Simms upfront on his jack with o’hare and palmer as AM’s. We’ll be under a lot of pressure in this one.

We certainly will if we go 3ATB

blunted

On CWR after the match, Oggy said we play better against top teams. OK, we were brilliant against Wolves, but if you read todays Coventry Telegraph we have only won once against this seasons top 7 (beat Leicester) lost most of rest. Think next two games will be season defining.

skybluegod

On CWR after the match, Oggy said we play better against top teams. OK, we were brilliant against Wolves, but if you read todays Coventry Telegraph we have only won once against this seasons top 7 (beat Leicester) lost most of rest. Think next two games will be season defining.

Tbf it's porbably equal how we have played against them, although not got the results. Leicester away we should have won easy. Southampton home was a good performance. West Brom home no idea how we lost. But equally very poor against West Brom away and Ipswich and then very much a smash and grab at Leeds.

Gint11

Sorry folks but we ain’t beating Leeds and I think it’s been awhile since we beat them and a Farke team? Might be wrong

Mucca Mad Boys

Our record against the teams around us is what is going to let us down this season.

Good results against Leeds, Leicester and Southampton and arguably Hull away. Since then, we’ve lost twice to WBA, PNE and to Cardiff. The loss to Norwich was quite damaging too.

We need to improve defensively as a team as we’ve lost that ability to keep clean sheets. 3 in 19 games in 2024 - Rotherham, Stoke and Maidstone.

stupot07

1. Ipswich 2-1 L (a).
2. Leeds 1-1 D (a)
3. Leicester 2-1 L (a), 3-1 W (h)
4. Southampton 1-1 D (h)
5. West Brom 0-2 L (h), 2-1 L (a)
6. Norwich 1-1 D (h), 2-1 L (h)
7. Coventry
8. Preston 3-2 L (a), 0-3 L (h)
9. Middlesbrough 3-0 W (h), 1-3 W (a)
10. Hull 1-1 D (a)

Us Vs top 10

P14 W3 D4 L7 Pts 13 ppg 0.93 win% 21%

And 2 of those 3 wins were against Middlesbrough

Jarvo87

Collins
MVE, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles & Sheaf either side of a slightly deeper lying, Lati
Palmer
Simms Wright

I don’t see how we play two defensive banks of 4 at home chasing PO’s, with MVE and JDS in midfield and then either 2 up, or 1 up and 1 behind. Way too defensive for my liking. Either way, I also can’t see us keeping a clean sheet so we are going to have to score twice at least. A draw is probably realistic outcome but a win necessary to stay in contention and keep hope of PO’s alive.

suggest we will have to go a bit longer with our passing out rather than invite their press. I think Simms and Wright would have the strength, speed and power to trouble Ampadu and Rodon. I’d start Palmer over COH in the CAM role. I grant there isn’t much width in this formation…,

Hobo

O'Hare deserves a start over Palmer.
Sheaf (Torp) and Kitching (Binks) also deserves to be dropped but it won't happen.
Tavares deserves more time on the pitch, not necessarily a full game but say 30 minutes rather than 10.

Tough game v Leeds but they need to attack us more than Cardiff which may suit us?

We need to work their central defenders with balls into the box (not necessarily high crosses). We need to force attacking issues rather than a pedestrian pace looking for a perfect ball or pass. I don't want the Leeds defence getting the holiday we gave the WBA and Preston defences.

skybluecam

Starting MVE and Dasilva on the wings? Were playing Leeds at home not Man City at the etihad. They’ve dropped points at Watford and scraped past Hull in their last 2, we can beat them.
MVE is consistently playing on the wing for us?

I barely remember Wright getting a kick yesterday. He's gona halfway across the world, played two internationals, come back, played 180 mins in 4 days. Dasilva is the only real alternative if Robins wanted to rotate.

Brighton Sky Blue

Anybody wanting a ticket in B20, might have one available. Only price is sitting next to yours truly

fernandopartridge

Sorry folks but we ain’t beating Leeds and I think it’s been awhile since we beat them and a Farke team? Might be wrong
We hadn't played them since 2012 but we beat them that time and drew away (the season we were relegated from the Championship).

fernandopartridge

1. Ipswich 2-1 L (a).
2. Leeds 1-1 D (a)
3. Leicester 2-1 L (a), 3-1 W (h)
4. Southampton 1-1 D (h)
5. West Brom 0-2 L (h), 2-1 L (a)
6. Norwich 1-1 D (h), 2-1 L (h)
7. Coventry
8. Preston 3-2 L (a), 0-3 L (h)
9. Middlesbrough 3-0 W (h), 1-3 W (a)
10. Hull 1-1 D (a)

Us Vs top 10

P14 W3 D4 L7 Pts 13 ppg 0.93 win% 21%

And 2 of those 3 wins were against Middlesbrough

Are Middlesbrough not in the top 10 then?

wingy

No reason to drop Kitching, be a very weird thing for a manager to do

I'm suggesting not as admonishment, purely as a rotation of a tired player, probably do that squad wise and see where we are , O'Hare Allen Tavares Binks etç!

Hertsccfc

I'm suggesting not as admonishment, purely as a rotation of a tired player, probably do that squad wise and see where we are , O'Hare Allen Tavares Binks etç!
I don’t think he is tired. He hasn't played anything like the minutes Latibeaudiere has for example. He has made one mistake, the second was just unlucky, and apart from that he played well. He doesn't deserve to be dropped and is a far better player than Binks.

Users who are viewing this thread