Coventry City: Joy Seppala blames ACL for her woes (1 Viewer)

Sub

NEWS Coventry City: Joy Seppala blames ACL for her woes

Joy Seppala, CEO of SISU Capital, former and would be owners of Coventry City FC has launched a withering attack on Ricoh Arena owners, ACL. The statement released today astonishingly manages to place all the responsibility for the problems of the current state of affairs on ACL, and is surely the final nail in the coffin to the idea that publicity shy Seppala is not an active participant in the affairs of the Club.

Indeed, it surely now means that she will have to at the very least be subject to the Football League Owners and Directors test, under which she will have earned ‘one strike’ under the provisions that ban directors from presiding over two or more insolvency episodes at a member club.

In the statement issued on the Coventry City FC website (a club which, in case we’d forgotten, is still in administration and therefore supposed to be under the control of Paul Appleton, the administrator, until creditors [mostly SISU] sign off the deal) Joy Seppala manages to accuse ACL of being the root of the entire problem around the stadium.

This incredible accusation comes despite the fact that Coventry City FC itself was a 50% owner of the stadium before selling up its share – before SISU bought the Club! Indeed, the £1.2m rent was part of the deal by that SISU under Seppala signed off! Astonishing indeed.

The fact that SISU went into the deal with their eyes open appears to have escaped Joy Seppala, whose hedge fund over recent years has apparently been performing poorly. Under her direction, the Club has sunk from the Championship with an average gate of 21,000, to sharing at Northampton Town with a widely rumoured season ticket base of just 300.

Not a great success by any measure. It makes you wonder why they bothered investing in a football club in the first place. Seppala is also member of the Takeover Panel in the City of London – a statutory body that regulates corporate behaviour – specifically around takeovers. - See more at: http://www.supporters-direct.org/ne...ng-attack-by-joy-seppala#sthash.7MkTyKnW.dpuf

http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-article/coventry-city-astonishing-attack-by-joy-seppala

torchomatic

To be honest I blame both ACL and SISU for our woes. I don't really care who's at fault now, I just want them to sort it out for the good of the club and the fans. Neither side come out with any credit.

I will now await the "blame percentage" replies.

italiahorse

It is both.
SISU never reviewed the rent when they took over perhaps thinking they would get straight back into the Premier League and the rent would be then 'low'.
ACL allowed the rent to continue despite SISU rumblings about dropping down the league, which was SISU's fault for definite.

jesus-wept

She can blame ACL all she wants reference rent issues but the state of our football club on the pitch, relegation etc. is down to her company and how it has run the football side of the business. I don't think for a minute shows knows a jot about football but it is people employed by her to run the football club from Igwe, to Dulieu to Fisher. If she took any notice the very least she should have asked is why have attendances and consequently gate money gone down 50%.

fernandopartridge

Joy Seppala, CEO of SISU Capital, former and would be owners of Coventry City FC has launched a withering attack on Ricoh Arena owners, ACL. The statement released today astonishingly manages to place all the responsibility for the problems of the current state of affairs on ACL, and is surely the final nail in the coffin to the idea that publicity shy Seppala is not an active participant in the affairs of the Club.

Indeed, it surely now means that she will have to at the very least be subject to the Football League Owners and Directors test, under which she will have earned ‘one strike’ under the provisions that ban directors from presiding over two or more insolvency episodes at a member club.

In the statement issued on the Coventry City FC website (a club which, in case we’d forgotten, is still in administration and therefore supposed to be under the control of Paul Appleton, the administrator, until creditors [mostly SISU] sign off the deal) Joy Seppala manages to accuse ACL of being the root of the entire problem around the stadium.

This incredible accusation comes despite the fact that Coventry City FC itself was a 50% owner of the stadium before selling up its share – before SISU bought the Club! Indeed, the £1.2m rent was part of the deal by that SISU under Seppala signed off! Astonishing indeed.

The fact that SISU went into the deal with their eyes open appears to have escaped Joy Seppala, whose hedge fund over recent years has apparently been performing poorly. Under her direction, the Club has sunk from the Championship with an average gate of 21,000, to sharing at Northampton Town with a widely rumoured season ticket base of just 300.

Not a great success by any measure. It makes you wonder why they bothered investing in a football club in the first place. Seppala is also member of the Takeover Panel in the City of London – a statutory body that regulates corporate behaviour – specifically around takeovers. - See more at: http://www.supporters-direct.org/ne...ng-attack-by-joy-seppala#sthash.7MkTyKnW.dpuf

http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-article/coventry-city-astonishing-attack-by-joy-seppala

The article lacks credibility. Coventry City has never had a 50% ownership stake in the stadium ever. Complete load of misleading bollocks.

stupot07

The article lacks credibility. Coventry City has never had a 50% ownership stake in the stadium ever. Complete load of misleading bollocks.

Agreed. Plus this is the statement I think it's referring to, I can't see where Joy blames ACL for our current predicament.

CCFC respond:

"Joy Seppala would of course be delighted to meet with Ann Lucas.

"Indeed, Joy and the directors of the football club were disappointed that neither Ann nor her deputy (Coun Phil Townshend) attended the important meeting with her last week - and instead left it to directors of ACL who admitted that they did not have the authority to take some of the key decisions needed to bring about a resolution.

"However, we are encouraged that Ann herself is now willing to get personally involved. Rather than grandstanding through the media, we have held private meetings with the current council leadership at which we have made it clear that they must take control of the situation.

"We see no reason why the CVA cannot be accepted as soon as possible so that the club can exit administration and focus on winning its upcoming matches.

"Accepting the CVA will also enable ACL to recover a substantial sum of money.

"If ACL wish to reject the CVA, they will be forcing the club into liquidation, under which they will recover no money and expose the club to the risk of a severe points deduction.

"Whether ACL intends to accept the CVA or force the club into liquidation, they should make that decision now.

"Continued delaying and stalling just leaves the club in limbo, unable to build up the squad, which is unfair on Steven Pressley, the players and the fans.

"Finally, some people have made bizarre claims that liquidation is necessary in order to force an investigation.

"An investigation by the administrator is of course already in progress and does not require liquidation in order to continue.

"In addition to that investigation, we would welcome a thorough investigation into the affairs of the club, the council and ACL since 2003 which lie at the root of the current dispute.

"Accepting the CVA need not prevent such an investigation taking place."

Samo

I would hardly describe the club statement as a 'withering attack on ACL' !!!
Huge over reaction IMO!

RoboCCFC90

What utter crap!

It does not say once in the statement that Joy blames ACL for all the financial problems at the club, all Joy's statement points out correctly is that the want for the CVA to be signed is so that Steven Pressley can bring in new players, which put the club in limbo and leave ACL with next to nothing.

Article's like that infuriate me.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
they didnt have 50% of the built stadium but they did have 50% of the original project which they sold in 2003 to the Higgs Charity

I dont find the supporters direct statement helpful at all.

nor posturing ones from either side

Last edited:
Read the statement correctly, it states that they would welcome an investigation into the Club,ACL and CCC back to 2003, as this is the root of the problems.
Obviously IMO directors prior to SISU of which have worked for more than one of the companies and indeed previous directors who have worked for maybe just the Club have made let's say scrupulous agreements. Again IMO.

Sub

i dont think anybody wants liquidation to force an investigation into ACL, Council, CCFC and SISU they want an investigation that will clear all this shit up once and for all :slap:

Nonleagueherewecome

Well I blame her for CCFC's woes. It's always someone else's fault, isn't it Joy?

Nonleagueherewecome

To be honest I blame both ACL and SISU for our woes. I don't really care who's at fault now, I just want them to sort it out for the good of the club and the fans. Neither side come out with any credit.

I will now await the "blame percentage" replies.

I'd say it's around 10% ACL, 90% SISU. In terms of the fact that CCFC are kicking off the new season in Northampton, it's 100% SISU.

Nonleagueherewecome

It is both.
SISU never reviewed the rent when they took over perhaps thinking they would get straight back into the Premier League and the rent would be then 'low'.
ACL allowed the rent to continue despite SISU rumblings about dropping down the league, which was SISU's fault for definite.

Would that be the rumblings after we'd dropped down a league and they were looking for excuses?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Total bullshit article.....we can all read the actual CCFC statement.....Its just a shame the "writer" of this article clearly didn't bother...

..what a shit-stirring cock

torchomatic

torchomatic

torchomatic

I'm already there waiting. I'll have Hill as well. In fact I'll take the lot of yuz.

f8d4484dbb97a972fc5c5baf20efbbf1.jpg

I'll meet you on Mill Road, save you getting embarrassed in your local.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Blimey.....all the way to Cardiff for a row....

...I reckon SBKid should at least contribute to Hill83's petrol money...

sky_blue_up_north

Have to say I have enjoyed the entertaining banter between @sky Blue Kid, @hill33, @RoboCCFC90, and @torchomatic. Almost as much fun as the debacle that is Coventry City

Users who are viewing this thread