Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (10 Viewers)

Evo1883

Wot

I’m saying they were playing a team they were far superior in quality to (and still got ran far closer than they should’ve). It’s not comparable to us playing hull, who were actually above us.

It doesn't matter who united were playing , it's still at a higher intensity and level than the level we played at v Hull city last night

What on earth is wrong with people , have you all lost the fucking plot ?

Evo1883

I actually can't believe I'm arguing with people about a Premier league fixture , being less intense and exhausting than championship teams placed 7th and 8th playing eachother .

United playing a team that got just the 91 points in the league we are in last season

shmmeee

I can’t believe I’m arguing that Robins hasn’t just dropped a bunch of players for the lols and those left weren’t just arsing around for fun but here we are.

Evo1883

I can’t believe I’m arguing that Robins hasn’t just dropped a bunch of players for the lols and those left weren’t just arsing around for fun but here we are.

You haven't argued anything though , you're insinuating that none of our players could have played no more minutes.. I argued united players who played the same minutes at Wembley played again in a better league at a higher standard.

I also pointed out our form has been shite for some time to which you also blamed fatigue , it's just not true

shmmeee

You haven't argued anything though , you're insinuating that none of our players could have played no more minutes.. I argued united players who played the same minutes at Wembley played again in a better league at a higher standard.

I also pointed out our form has been shite for some time to which you also blamed fatigue , it's just not true

And now I’m arguing Robins isn’t lying.

Brighton Sky Blue

And I'm arguing that Robins has got plenty wrong recently and fatigue is a convenient excuse for a shitty last quarter of the season ..
His comments after Southampton were very different, ie ‘everyone’s tired you have to find a way through it’. But the truth is we’ve been shipping goals for fun since January and also been unconvincing on the pitch since then.

If the squad burned out it burned out long before now.

Evo1883

In the last 10 games we are 16th in the last 15 games we are 15th , are we actually sitting here and saying after game week 28 our team were fatigued and decided they could no longer play and get results ?

We've lost almost half of our last 15 games and fatigue is NOT the reason

Mental to suggest otherwise

Too cautious ,playing not to lose and get a goal on the break , too inconsistent with the team and bringing players in and out , persisting with shit players that are a detriment to the team ..
That's why our season fell away

Matt smith

In the last 10 games we are 16th in the last 15 games we are 15th , are we actually sitting here and saying after game week 28 our team were fatigued and decided they could no longer play and get results ?

There’s no excuse next season for this squad re league form at the back end

Sky Blue Pete

Too cautious ,playing not to lose and get a goal on the break , too inconsistent with the team and bringing players in and out , persisting with shit players that are a detriment to the team ..
What is evo??

Evo1883

I love Robins and I've spent the last 7 years praising him .. today I'm saying I think he got some things wrong this season and NEXT season he has to be braver and allow his team to go out and put teams to the sword

skybluecam

It doesn't matter who united were playing , it's still at a higher intensity and level than the level we played at v Hull city last night

What on earth is wrong with people , have you all lost the fucking plot ?
but it's relative isn't it - they're higher level players who are used to playing at a higher intensity.

Bigger squad also

Evo1883

but it's relative isn't it - they're higher level players who are used to playing at a higher intensity.

Bigger squad also
They've 12 injuries and it's not relative , it's like saying ( as I said ) wrexham playing forest green is the same as man city v burnley in terms of what's required to win the match .. it's absolutely not relative

Burnley wanked all over the league we are in

Matt smith

They've 12 injuries and it's not relative , it's like saying ( as I said ) wrexham playing forest green is the same as man city v burnley in terms of what's required to win the match .. it's absolutely not relative

There’s a great disparity between our first team and bench, hopefully that’s not the case next season

skybluecam

Genuinely confused by this. On an absolute scale of course not, on a relative one yes.

Evo1883

Genuinely confused by this. On an absolute scale of course not, on a relative one yes.
Not sure how it's confusing

Man utd played 120 minutes v us at Wembley, then played again at a much higher level with the same players and won 4-2 against a team that got 91 points in our league ..

Our fans are arguing that us playing hull is more intense and tiring than man utd playing sheffield united in arguably the world's best league

It's not , but we made 5 changes

Brighton Sky Blue

Two key moments I think.

First the Kitching red card against Sheffield, which meant that the defence got tinkered with up to the point it lost cohesion and started to cough up silly errors. By the time he returned from another red at Norwich we then forgot what our best back 4 actually was and the player himself saw a dip in fkrm

Second the Sakamoto injury which led to a panicked return to the wing back system that we already know just does not fit this group of players. More chopping and changing plus an extra focus on safety first except we kept shipping poor goals.

skybluecam

Man utd played 120 minutes v us at Wembley, then played again at a much higher level with the same players and won 4-2 against a team that got 91 points in our league ..

Our fans are arguing that us playing hull is more intense and tiring than man utd playing sheffield united in arguably the world's best league

Because their players are higher quality. They also had 72% possession in that game, much easier on the legs than the 55% we had.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, Man Utd didn't make many changes so I'm not sure why Haji and Simms couldn't have started.

Only argument is that Utd didn't put in nearly as much as effort as us on Sunday as they were coasting for 60 minutes and then seemed like they weren't trying much at all for the last 60 minutes meaning they were nice and fresh, add in that they won and it probably made it a bit easier for their players to go again. Also the premier league schedule isn't typically as packed as the championship and they went out of Europe before Christmas.

Evo1883

I think you are :ROFLMAO:

Making out that it's somehow harder for Man Utd to be playing a much worse team than them than it is us playing an equal one.

In a far superior league , keep missing that bit out .. where the intensity and level needed to get wins FAR exceeds that of the championship .

This is really easy

Evo1883

I agree, Man Utd didn't make many changes so I'm not sure why Haji and Simms couldn't have started.

Only argument is that Utd didn't put in nearly as much as effort as us on Sunday as they were coasting for 60 minutes and then seemed like they weren't trying much at all for the last 60 minutes meaning they were nice and fresh, add in that they won and it probably made it a bit easier for their players to go again. Also the premier league schedule isn't typically as packed as the championship and they went out of Europe before Christmas.
On this point , they were fucked by the end of extra time
internationals throughout the squad also adds more travelling and fixtures

Hertsccfc

Manchester United are full of seasoned international players. Simms and Wright are inexperienced at this level. We have to trust the management team's advice on fitness. Overplaying players results in injuries. We have seen this with Sheaf a couple if times and Torp.

Robins has had to manage these players minutes. Remember Sakamoto rarely played two matches on the trot early on. We don't have the luxury under our model to buy experienced players who are likely to be ever present in the Championship.

It was obvious in January we didn't have a large enough squad. We should have strengthened then if we were serious about equalling last year's record in the league. I hope next year we are more ambitious and flexible and don't stick to the model so rigidly. If not forget about any progress in the league for many years in my view.

shmmeee

I love Robins and I've spent the last 7 years praising him .. today I'm saying I think he got some things wrong this season and NEXT season he has to be braver and allow his team to go out and put teams to the sword

We’re not far shy of 100 goals this season. We’ve got two players almost on 20. We have been putting teams to the sword.

On the one hand you’re saying we’re far too defensive and the other that we let too many goals in.

Robinshio

this intensity thing - The main thing is we played at 120% on Sunday, United at about 80% in MR interview he said COH couldnt play midweek because he covered 17k in the game on Sunday - add that to the emotion of the game, the disallowed goal and the penalty miss
Some people think we are a champions league team because of one game - We massively overachieved and it was the sole reason for Wednesdays performance, and why we will struggle to put a team out for saturday - and especially the bench will be full of kids

Evo1883

We’re not far shy of 100 goals this season. We’ve got two players almost on 20. We have been putting teams to the sword.

On the one hand you’re saying we’re far too defensive and the other that we let too many goals in.
We've scored 68 in the league , we've drawn 8 games at home and won 9 , we've scored 34 goals in 21 home games which isn't great (scored 30 last season but could actually defend).. we've got to be A: better at home in general and B: Braver against teams and impose our game on them from the start of matches

Long story short , we've not been putting teams to the sword

Evo1883

Argue with the stats , set up not to concede and impose our game later on when teams "tire" Screenshot_20240426_093616_Chrome.jpg

FACT

Evo1883

Which has seen the opposition increasingly just go full throttle at us early on to try and build a lead before that happens. And increasingly it’s paid off
I can understand the mentality when we're a team trying to survive or a team trying to snatch points and games .. but this mentality must swing slightly to achieve our ultimate goal, promotion

Users who are viewing this thread