Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (15 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

We conceded a very poor goal against Leeds.
We've been all over the place defensively since the Wolves game.
The cup runs been great, but I honestly think it's cost us a place in the play offs.
I agree, but it need not have done if we had added a couple of loans in January.

Hull are a good side and had some players who looked a level above ours. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting promoted through the play offs.

SeaSeeEffCee

I agree, but it need not have done if we had added a couple of loans in January.

Hull are a good side and had some players who looked a level above ours. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting promoted through the play offs.
Really? They didn’t impress me at all last night. We had a makeshift team out with players absolutely knackered from Sunday and I’m struggling to remember anything they really created outside of the goals which were gifted to them. I doubt they’ll even make the play-offs with their goal difference, they’re basically relying on one of Norwich or West Brom failing to win both their games while also winning their next two themselves.

Grendel

To be fair, that was his first league game for what, a couple of months?

He's not going to be automatic first choice but when we're crying out for depth, I'd definitely keep Allen next season.

He was clearly not fit enough to play

Skyblueweeman

He was clearly not fit enough to play
I didn't see the match last night to be fair but the point stands - it was his first league outing in a couple of months. He was obviously going to be off the pace.

Whether he was fit enough to play I guess was up to MR. We're obviously light on numbers given the squad size and the weekends exploits.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, that was his first league game for what, a couple of months?

He's not going to be automatic first choice but when we're crying out for depth, I'd definitely keep Allen next season.
I’d like to see Allen be used in his preferred position as opposed to the wild goose chase he tends to get sent on further back

Great_Expectations

Last night can be boiled down to four factors;

Tiredness
Unfortunate injuries
Lack of depth
Individual errors

The last three are the story of our season and why we aren’t in the play offs. However I expect those factors to be rectified in the summer and for us to be challenging for autos as a result.

Grendel

Last night can be boiled down to four factors;

Tiredness
Unfortunate injuries
Lack of depth
Individual errors

The last three are the story of our season and why we aren’t in the play offs. However I expect those factors to be rectified in the summer and for us to be challenging for autos as a result.

Unless we get funds from a sale of Sheaf or Gyokeres how can we fund any transfers of any significance?

Otis

I mean this looks like a penalty in real time and was a bonkers challenge
It doesn't look a pen to me, but if that went to VAR, I think it would have to go back to the on-field decision, as there is no obvious error.

Looks fractionally outside, but it was still a very daft challenge.

ProfessorbyGrace

I didn’t watch the game, or listen in, however the highlights were painful enough to watch.

Shambolic defending, all round. Decent goals from us, but theirs, wow. It was U13’s style defending. We need an imposing lump in goal, who will bark at his defence and make them listen. Centre midfield looks frail, two CB’s and Collins are being exposed every week now.

Roll on next season. PUSB.

oscillatewildly

Really? They didn’t impress me at all last night. We had a makeshift team out with players absolutely knackered from Sunday and I’m struggling to remember anything they really created outside of the goals which were gifted to them. I doubt they’ll even make the play-offs with their goal difference, they’re basically relying on one of Norwich or West Brom failing to win both their games while also winning their next two themselves.
I thought they were good. (admittedly at the expense of our weaknesses)
Thought they looked good when we played them up there early in the season too.

Otis

On the line is a pen and that looks on the line to me. But let’s crack out the VAR rulers and be sure.
This fits in exactly with my stance. I think that's outside, but if it goes to VAR, I would be saying too close to call and no obvious error and go back to the on-field decision.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The Premier league is more demanding than the championship full stop , to suggest otherwise is frankly mental
At a higher level , and intensity to which those teams play at every single game , even against these teams

Premier league team's have bigger squads, cover for every position .

We Don't.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not going back over this, but united used basically the same players as they used at Wembley and have 12 players injured

And I'm not going back over this, United have Better Quality in the Squad.

Evo1883

They were playing Sheff Utd. It would’ve been like us playing Rotherham.
Using this argument

Man city v burnley

The same as

Leicester v sheffield wednesday

Despite burnley getting just the 101 points in this league last season, we already know the LEVEL at which these teams are playing at , the intensity and standard is FAR higher than Leicester v sheffield wednesday

Man city v burnley is basically the same as wrexham v forest green , what on earth are people even on about

skybluecam

Using this argument

Man city v burnley

The same as

Leicester v sheffield wednesday

Despite burnley getting just the 101 points in this league last season, we already know the LEVEL at which these teams are playing at , the intensity and standard is FAR higher than Leicester v sheffield wednesday

Man city v burnley is basically the same as wrexham v forest green , what on earth are people even on about
Wot

I’m saying they were playing a team they were far superior in quality to (and still got ran far closer than they should’ve). It’s not comparable to us playing hull, who were actually above us.

Users who are viewing this thread