Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (8 Viewers)

Evo1883

It’s an accumulation of the season. We haven’t had depth and it’s caught up with us.

We didn’t decide to start JDS and Eccles on the wings, Godden and Kelly’s first starts since Feb and March for ‘lols’.

The quality is obviously higher, but co no pared to last season, we have about 4 less squad players. That was already threadbare.

It doesn’t help that in the summer we recruited players to fit a 3-4-1-2 shape to adapt to 4-2-3-1 when we have one winger in the squad.

The foundation is there, younger players will improve, we’ll bring more quality in the team and we’ll come back stronger.

To be fair , Robins plays Latibeaudiere for the LOLS so anything is possible

shmmeee

probably more so than you do, unless you’re also involved in the game at this level?

Then how can you seriously think that we didn’t put a mammoth effort in on Sunday above and beyond what any other team would have in a normal game?

Honestly is you’re involved in the game then I have to question either your intelligence or seriousness. This is basic stuff. The margins in elite sport are tiny.

Evo1883

Yes and Robins has been consistently saying the players have been suffering from fatigue.

The squad isn't big enough.

We've used 3 players less than Leicester Southampton and West brom , this season

Granted its low compared to most and I agree that the squad needs to be bigger , but there's been games where we've kept players on too long , not used the bench well etc

shmmeee

Exactly - but he started tonight! (I know we were struggling!)

Robins is talking about having to play the kids. We just ran out of steam and that’s partly down to a small squad. Godden and Kelly are only on the pitch cos we had half the squad out today.

Mucca Mad Boys

To be fair , Robins plays Latibeaudiere for the LOLS so anything is possible

Lati has only been starting because of injuries. We’ve mostly played the best team that’s available to us this season.

MVE is not a winger and next season I doubt will ever play there if we recruit well. Likewise, with CM - should never play there again if we being in 1-2 players.

Otis

We've used 3 players less than Leicester Southampton and West brom , this season

Granted its low compared to most and I agree that the squad needs to be bigger , but there's been games where we've kept players on too long , not used the bench well etc
Is that the full stat? I have seen their benches and they have had much better players to bring on as subs than we have.

Have you included substitutions etc? How many subs? And when?

And I get your point, but in many games our bench has looked very weak hasn't it.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Then how can you seriously think that we didn’t put a mammoth effort in on Sunday above and beyond what any other team would have in a normal game?

Honestly is you’re involved in the game then I have to question either your intelligence or seriousness. This is basic stuff. The margins in elite sport are tiny.

I’m not sure I said we didn’t

the fatigue isn’t down to playing two games in four days, and it’s probably (hopefully) not physical unless there are injuries…

they were mentally not there against Blues, and then again today - more emotionally drained I would imagine, but that can be worked on and they should be able to focus with four games to go and knowing that winning all four could possibly mean another shot at the play-offs

Evo1883

Lati has only been starting because of injuries. We’ve mostly played the best team that’s available to us this season.

MVE is not a winger and next season I doubt will ever play there if we recruit well. Likewise, with CM - should never play there again if we being in 1-2 players.
Latibeaudiere has started 34 games and played 46 times .. it's not just because of injuries at all

Mucca Mad Boys

Is that the full stat? I have seen their benches and they have had much better players to bring on as subs than we have.

Have you included substitutions etc? How many subs? And when?

And I get your point, but in many games our bench has looked very weak hasn't it.
Exactly. For example, Sakamoto in the lead up to his injury, played more less 90m every game when we switched to 4-2-3-1. His performances started to tail off in the 2-3 games prior to his injury.

Mucca Mad Boys

Latibeaudiere has started 27 games and played 39 times .. it's not just because of injuries at all

Since we switched from 4-2-3-1, his reintroduction to the team was when Sheaf got injured, then Torp gets injured and finally Sakamoto. In 2024, his involvement is mostly because our best XI was not available.

Evo1883

Since we switched from 4-2-3-1, his reintroduction to the team was when Sheaf got injured, then Torp gets injured and finally Sakamoto. In 2024, his involvement is mostly because our best XI was not available.
This just isn't true , he's played when everybody is fit .. Robins likes him , bizarrely

messiahrobins

Thought that was an outstanding effort from an absolutely knackered group of lads.
Need more depth obviously and Latabadieure needs to be just used as a CB, all the positions he played this season is actually now affecting him i think.
People moaning about the defence, for understandable reasons, need to realise they were all bought to develop so they will all get better, and id sign Binks if we can.
Season is now over and id play as many kids as possible and give the senior players an extended break as we do not want any injuries that go into pre-season

steve101

Robins said Torp was injured but no mention of Tavares. Anyone know what the injury is. Hopefully not an Achilles issue again. On Sunday it looked like he had ice on his ankle.

hill83

Thought that was an outstanding effort from an absolutely knackered group of lads.
Need more depth obviously and Latabadieure needs to be just used as a CB, all the positions he played this season is actually now affecting him i think.
People moaning about the defence, for understandable reasons, need to realise they were all bought to develop so they will all get better, and id sign Binks if we can.
Season is now over and id play as many kids as possible and give the senior players an extended break as we do not want any injuries that go into pre-season

Agree to an extent, but we need to finish as high as possible and end the season on a high. One for potential signings, and one for season ticket sales. I think we can still finish bottom half. 8th looks a lot better.

shmmeee

Agree to an extent, but we need to finish as high as possible and end the season on a high. One for potential signings, and one for season ticket sales. I think we can still finish bottom half. 8th looks a lot better.

Don’t think wr can finish lower than 12th can we? Sunderland can’t catch us with two games left 7 pts behind.

rexo87

Difference in ability has nothing to do with the level of intensity in a game of football in the Premier league compared to the championship .. the league is head and shoulders above the one we are in , and their players went out and put that intensity in tonight to win 4-2

Their players were fit enough to go out and play again after Sunday in a more demanding league ... is the argument

Your argument… is shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

messiahrobins

Yes i see your point, i am just a bit worried about picking up a serious injury to one of the marquee players due to fatigue, and Wright probably the guy im most worried about as he will probably play Copa America. But i do see where you are coming from as well.

hill83

Don’t think wr can finish lower than 12th can we? Sunderland can’t catch us with two games left 7 pts behind.

Is 12th bottom half? Would have been on teletext I reckon.

Not done the maths and games to be played either to be fair.

shmmeee

Is there stats for minutes? I’m sure there is but feel like giving you something to do.

Was looking at minutes played by players in the PL and IIRC if you put our squad in there they’d take 7 out of the top 10 places. You can’t compare this point in a Champ season with the same in the PL.

Users who are viewing this thread