Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (7 Viewers)

Darth Robins

Is this ref determined to try and make VAR look good or something? They've been fucking shocking all year.

steve101

Initial contact for penalty was outside the area. We look all over the place and Hull deserve to be in front, albeit fortunate. Thomas and Eccles look particularly leggy. Wanted Palmer to get more involved being the fresh player and then he came up with a corker. Needs to be the main man second half.
Really can't see us scoring unless a set piece and unfortunately cannot see them not scoring second half.
Obviously need to use the bench early and hope if Simms comes on the crowd will rally again.

Esoterica

Lati is fine.

He's fading more as the season goes on but this is by far the largest number of games he's played in a season. He's only 24 and can play multiple positions. A great asset to the squad.

Eccles gets let off with a lot for being young and there is 3 months between them.
Lati can't play multiple positions, it's a myth. He can't pass the ball forwards with any pace or accuracy. He's shit in midfield, too ponderous with the ball for a RB and too short for a CB in a back 2. At championship level he's a right sided centre back in a back 3, at best.

JulianDarbyFTW

Lati gets rough treatment on here just lately. Don't really get it. He's a decent enough squad player.

More annoyed at the referee. Dubious decisions will have cost us the playoffs and the cup final in the space of 3 days. Feels like we're being kicked while we're down.

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s been as bad as you’d expect given the line up. Godden is basically being asked to be our entire attack by himself. Palmer has been anonymous and Dasilva and Eccles don’t look like they know where they’re meant to be playing.

djr8369

That was shite. 1 shot all game, a 20 yard freekick. Created absolute zero from open play.

Brilliant freekick by Palmer, but he's been shite, as has Godden, Dasilva, Lati, Kelly and Collins.

Eccles our best player by far.

Thomas has to go straight down or carry on. He got up, saw where hull were and went back down to stop play.

If you're going to play a lone striker, you have to have players who are willing to get up and around them and make runs in behind. Palmer wants to play too deep, Dasilva is a left back, and Eccles is doing his best. Godden is so isolated.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Kelly has been decent I think. Eccles has been great but then he’s leaving Lati stranded.

PVA

Sometimes managers are overly protective of footballers , they're the fittest specimen on the planet ..are you saying Thomas is fine but all the attackers aren't? Let's be real

Well not all players are the same, but even ignoring that I'd say Wright, Simms, O'Hare and MVE all did more running on Sunday than Thomas.

I'm amazed Sheaf is playing, probably wouldn't be if Torp was fit.

Evo1883

If it was a hull player we’d say he’s a cheating bastard
It was the fact he delayed going down , looked at the ref holding his cheek , then went down holding the top of his head .. the blag failed and it cost us .. another reason for footballers to stop trying to con the ref

Brighton Sky Blue

It was the fact he delayed going down , looked at the ref holding his cheek , then went down holding the top of his head .. the blag failed and it cost us .. another reason for footballers to stop trying to con the ref
It worked for a Hull player last season going down in the opposite corner to where the ball was

mark82

He wouldn't have got back in time to make a difference anyway. He was clipped to be fair.

Liquid Gold

He's 24 mate , Rooney was tearing world cups up at 17
And Jamie Vardy was laying bricks. Players develop and different paces.

I don't think it's helpful to rule out a player who has played 40 games for us, the most in his career, in a season that we've pushed playoffs and got to an FA Cup semi.

Evo1883

And Jamie Vardy was laying bricks. Players develop and different paces.

I don't think it's helpful to rule out a player who has played 40 games for us, the most in his career, in a season that we've pushed playoffs and got to an FA Cup semi.
But we can all appreciate 24 is approaching their prime years , he's not a kid

Users who are viewing this thread