Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (4 Viewers)

Otis

From the Hull forum. The worst post of all time?

"Coventry is depressing. A ****house place although it does have a decent Costco & is the home of 2Tone.

They ****ed up their City of Culture experience by choosing to hold it in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Unlike us, who excelled,

The Ricoh (or whatever it’s called the week) is amongst the worst of the modern day soulless arenas.

They’ll make a bit of noise to start with but will pipe down early on. Half the ****ers from yesterday will still be in London the other half will be sat & silent admiring The Tigers, a real footballing team, play them off the park

City 3-0 It was only Man Utd FFS"
What a complete numpty.

The City of Culture bid award win was in 2017, two years BEFORE the pandemic.

How on earth did we choose to hold the event during the pandemic?

David O'Day

"Coventry is depressing. A ****house place although it does have a decent Costco & is the home of 2Tone.

They ****ed up their City of Culture experience by choosing to hold it in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Unlike us, who excelled,

The Ricoh (or whatever it’s called the week) is amongst the worst of the modern day soulless arenas.

They’ll make a bit of noise to start with but will pipe down early on. Half the ****ers from yesterday will still be in London the other half will be sat & silent admiring The Tigers, a real footballing team, play them off the park

Weird thing is anyone who has been to Hull knows it's a shithole

pusbccfc

Weird thing is anyone who has been to Hull knows it's a shithole

It's nearly always voted the worst city on the UK. Ironically I don't think it's quite that bad but it's not progressed to the levels Coventry has in the past 5 years.

Great_Expectations

Team selection is really tricky.

I get the idea to rest players, but unless they are dead on their feet we have to go for it in order to keep any hope aliSheaf looked exhausted, but mentally I think he needs to start and hear how much everyone is behind him.

Team should be;

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Torp Sheaf
Taveres COH Wright
Simms

Bidwell > JDS as I’d prefer to start strong defensively and we know JDS will be targeted. He’s better against tired opponents where he has more space.

COH > Palmer but it’s very close. Preference of COH as he scored at Wembley, looked decent for 20 minutes and probably also needs the boost. Palmer is also better against tired opposition.

Torp > Eccles as he can come on at HT for Sheaf (if she’s tired) and do the running, allowing Torp to create. Equally, you could do it the other way round and bring Torp on, but I think we need the creativity.

Players will be knackered physically and mentally, but hopefully it’s given them a massive boost and more motivation to get back to Wembley and right the last two wrongs.

Matt smith

Bloody hell, bless them 😂😂

shepardo01

@Saddlebrains - what is the mood in the camp?
Up for it or gutted and thinking things are done this season!??
Also, after all that has surfaced in the media regarding the controversial VAR decision - is there any anger from the staff/players/board!??

David O'Day

@Saddlebrains - what is the mood in the camp?
Up for it or gutted and thinking things are done this season!??
Also, after all that has surfaced in the media regarding the controversial VAR decision - is there any anger from the staff/players/board!??
he doesn't know shit like that

just because he may get a team right sometimes doesn't mean he's has any clue about things like this

loads of people know who is in the XI well before it's official but they don't see the need to boost their ego by posting them online

robbiethemole

Get a few shots in at the start, don't try walking it in. Two goals from deflected shots on Sunday, 2/3rds of the goals scored, never know what will happen.
Our og's scored is more than some teams first choice strikers. Lol

Milne Out

Wouldn’t be too many on here who witnessed this piece of magic against Hull
Wasn’t too many on here that were at the KC that night
Certainly didn’t need points to get a ticket !

I’d say maybe 350 of us maximum

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Some people not picking Sheaf, is he injured then. 🤔

Nick

Administrator

I hope they "maul" us.

steve101

Team selection is really tricky.

I get the idea to rest players, but unless they are dead on their feet we have to go for it in order to keep any hope aliSheaf looked exhausted, but mentally I think he needs to start and hear how much everyone is behind him.

Team should be;

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Torp Sheaf
Taveres COH Wright
Simms

Bidwell > JDS as I’d prefer to start strong defensively and we know JDS will be targeted. He’s better against tired opponents where he has more space.

COH > Palmer but it’s very close. Preference of COH as he scored at Wembley, looked decent for 20 minutes and probably also needs the boost. Palmer is also better against tired opposition.

Torp > Eccles as he can come on at HT for Sheaf (if she’s tired) and do the running, allowing Torp to create. Equally, you could do it the other way round and bring Torp on, but I think we need the creativity.

Players will be knackered physically and mentally, but hopefully it’s given them a massive boost and more motivation to get back to Wembley and right the last two wrongs.
I would agree, except I would start Palmer for freshness ahead of either O'Hare or Wright. I am not sure Tavares will be available after looking like he injured his ankle.

mmttww

Hull bashing us and us bashing Hull is a LOL. We're basically the same city; smashed in the Blitz, post-industrial decline, seminal musicians from the same period, now reliant on Universities and B2B as City of Culture.

messiahrobins

Hull bashing us and us bashing Hull is a LOL. We're basically the same city; smashed in the Blitz, post-industrial decline, seminal musicians from the same period, now reliant on Universities and B2B as City of Culture.
cannot even get worked up about Hull fans popping off about us, i mean most people in the country dont even know where Hull is. That is not being disrespectful, it is just a fact.

messiahrobins

It's one game at a time, all needing victories, we need to go as strong as we can to be in with a very slim chance of playoffs
The play offs actually is a bit of an irrelevance in the sense that we cannot really afford to lose 2 or 3 matches as league wise that would be a bit of a shit ending with no momentum to carry onto next season given we have lost 3 of our last 4 in the league. The Cup has been great but we do need to finish the season with some momentum in the league for next season. Win say 3 of the next 4 and that could add 3k to season ticket sales for next season.

napolimp

It's nearly always voted the worst city on the UK. Ironically I don't think it's quite that bad but it's not progressed to the levels Coventry has in the past 5 years.

I agree, quite like it as a city. It's also got that lovely Marina. Shopping centre is weird though.

Users who are viewing this thread