Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

If anyone can get the lads up for the battle it’s Robins and Viveash, we have to take it one game at a time but you never know.

theferret

Think it will be quite flat on and off the pitch. Also predict scores of tweets from the usual suspects with screen shots of empty seats and laughing emojis. Staying off twitter after the game.

pusbccfc

On the attack early. We can outscore anyone but cannot keep a clean sheet

Paxman II

If you are a professional footballer you can't wait for this game. It will feel like they need to put some injustice right and Hull will be on the end of it.
Tavares is likely out, Torp must play for me. Sheaf is a question of his head in the right place? Binks comes in. DaSilva starts. We format the same and go for Hulls jugular. Get an early goal and tiredness goes out the window.

Adge

In Spain for this one but hoping to find somewhere to watch. We are going to be tired after the weekend that’s for sure, but hoping we can somehow get the 3 points and get a few more to travel to Blackburn on the back of it.

skybluecam

thing is play offs is a poisoned chalice unless you get promoted. It didnt affect us as much as it could have done at the start of this season as we had a brand new team so our slow start was due to that, but making the play offs means a whole month lost of the off season. If we make the play offs, the players will be absolutely exhausted and if they then dont go up, i think it would affect the start of next season, and if we want automatic promotion, which has to be the aim now, we cannot afford a bad start again.
So, it may well be we have to be street smart now and sack off this season so that we are better placed for August. Some of our players will be in the Copa America as well
If we make playoffs we’ll win them

skybluecam

Collins
MVE Thomas Binks Dasilva
Eccles Torp
Tavares Palmer Wright
Simms

Worried about Tav & Wright’s fitness though. Give Godden 30+.

Would bloody love us to do them 3-0, Norwich & WBA lose Saturday and suddenly the CBS is rocking for the run in. But my logical brain says we’ll probably be comfortably beaten.

Otis

Hopefully a full house, and a big atmosphere. Think the boys could be up for this one after the weekend.
They'll be up for it. I just think they will lack the stamina to see the game through.

I think we will start off well, but then struggle and fade as the game wears on.

Best scenario is that we go a couple of goals up early on and then try and see the game out.

I do honestly think we will lose, but I sincerely hope I am wrong of course.

That extra time on Sunday will have really taken it's toll.

Deity

I’m expecting a heavy defeat and I’m ok with that.

the team gave every ounce they had on Sunday. The will be shot emotionally and physically.

Wednesday is about the fans saying thank you for an incredible day that we will never forget …..

SkyBlue_Bear83

Gonna be an interesting team selection, hopefully the players aren't too deflated.

Have to take the sense of injustice as fuel for the team and channel it into the performance and take pride that we played Man Utd completely off the park for 60 minutes at Wembley.

Johnnythespider

They'll be up for it. I just think they will lack the stamina to see the game through.

I think we will start off well, but then struggle and fade as the game wears on.

Best scenario is that we go a couple of goals up early on and then try and see the game out.

I do honestly think we will lose, but I sincerely hope I am wrong of course.

That extra time on Sunday will have really taken it's toll.
This is my thinking, if we can have a really good go for 30-40 mins and get a couple of goals up and dig in we might be able to see it out, tough ask after Sunday but nothing to lose.

mmttww

If Tavares is fit...

Collins
MVE
Thomas
Binks
Da Silva
Sheaf
Torp
O'Hare
Tavares
Simms
Wright

Da Silva links well with O'Hare and Wright so start him, get a lead, then Bidwell to hold it.

If Tavares isn't fit, put Wright on the right and play Palmer on the left. No clue how it'll go!

Tommo1993

Think we might show up the same as after the Leeds game where we threw everything at it. Expecting us to look dead on our feet after HT.

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s a must-win game and our season really hangs on winning tonight. However, after such an emotionally draining game on Sunday, you’d think Hull have the advantage.

Personally, I’m predicting a draw which does nothing for either side.

MikeyMoo

If Norwich or WBA lose 1 game or draw both we will go up for sure with 4 wins. But we have to beat Hull first, to get ahead of them. A draw kills it for both.

rexo87

I'd rest as many as possible and hope to be in the game after 55-60 mins and then make lots of changes.

Collins

MVE Lati Binks Bidwell

Eccles Torp Allen

Palmer Godden Dasilva

I know it looks incredibly weak but got to try and rest as many of the ones who played 120 mins as possible. Just hope to keep it level until we can then bring on the big guns!

Macca1987

It's one game at a time, all needing victories, we need to go as strong as we can to be in with a very slim chance of playoffs

baldy

I’m expecting a heavy defeat and I’m ok with that.

the team gave every ounce they had on Sunday. The will be shot emotionally and physically.

Wednesday is about the fans saying thank you for an incredible day that we will never forget …..

You'd be ok with a heavy defeat? There's still something to play for - it's not a testimonial

napolimp

I'd rest as many as possible and hope to be in the game after 55-60 mins and then make lots of changes.

Collins

MVE Lati Binks Bidwell

Eccles Torp Allen

Palmer Godden Dasilva

I know it looks incredibly weak but got to try and rest as many of the ones who played 120 mins as possible. Just hope to keep it level until we can then bring on the big guns!

If we're going to rest players, then have wing-backs: -

Collins
Kitching - Lati - Binks
Eccles - Kelly - Torp - JDS
Palmer - Allen
Simms

Can't even begin to imagine how we're actually going to line-up on Wednesday. Guess it depends on fitness evaluations today/tomorrow.

rexo87

On a side note I actually think DaSilva would suit being a number 10. Just a random observation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

messiahrobins

Didnt think we had a prayer tomorrow, but now i am actually thinking this could be the biggest game of the season. If we somehow win it, i think Norwich will start to feel the pressure, and if we then beat Blackburn i think it really will put them under pressure against Blues, who will also need to win to stay up probably.
If the players see it like i do, the adrenaline may get them through the tiredness. That said i think it will probably be a draw.

Hobo

On paper this should be a cracker. What worries me is not that we played a game on Sunday, it is the extra time played and the amount of emotional energy our players would have used.

It is unlikely that we will make the playoffs, but it would be nice if that slender possibility remained a bit longer?

Looking forward to it and hope they can all dig deep and deliver.

pusbccfc

From the Hull forum. The worst post of all time?

"Coventry is depressing. A ****house place although it does have a decent Costco & is the home of 2Tone.

They ****ed up their City of Culture experience by choosing to hold it in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Unlike us, who excelled,

The Ricoh (or whatever it’s called the week) is amongst the worst of the modern day soulless arenas.

They’ll make a bit of noise to start with but will pipe down early on. Half the ****ers from yesterday will still be in London the other half will be sat & silent admiring The Tigers, a real footballing team, play them off the park

City 3-0 It was only Man Utd FFS"

Brighton Sky Blue

From the Hull forum. The worst post of all time?

"Coventry is depressing. A ****house place although it does have a decent Costco & is the home of 2Tone.

They ****ed up their City of Culture experience by choosing to hold it in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Unlike us, who excelled,

The Ricoh (or whatever it’s called the week) is amongst the worst of the modern day soulless arenas.

They’ll make a bit of noise to start with but will pipe down early on. Half the ****ers from yesterday will still be in London the other half will be sat & silent admiring The Tigers, a real footballing team, play them off the park

City 3-0 It was only Man Utd FFS"
Don’t they have a fan who does those War and Peace length football videos on YouTube? He’s more entertaining than whoever wrote that anyway

Users who are viewing this thread