Coventry City Football Club ask fans to abide by all ground regulations at home match (1 Viewer)

skyblueref

The club has issued the advice after reports of some supporters drinking in view of the pitch and other instances of anti-social behaviour...
Coventry City have today asked fans to ensure they abide by all the ground regulations at home matches.

The club has issued the advice after reports of some supporters being seen drinking in view of the pitch – which is illegal – and other instances of anti-social behaviour.

Steve Waggott, chief executive of Coventry City, said: “These instances have been reported back to the Safety Advisory Group, whose members include representatives of the responsible authorities and other agencies involved in ensuring the safety of all spectators attending home games.

“We would ask all supporters to make sure they abide by the law, as well as the rules and regulations in place for home games. They are there to ensure everyone’s safety as well as the enjoyment of the games.

“We have been asked to point out to our supporters that there will be increased stewarding in some areas as result of these concerns, and people who are found to be deliberately disregarding the rules can face immediate ejection from the Ricoh.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...oventry-city-2105474.aspx#kui9kXHxY5P2HaZ5.99

Walking Bird

Strange to think in a few weeks i'll be able to sup a beer in the Stands whilst watching the Rugby.
Still 2nd class citizens if you watch Football.

stupot07

Strange to think in a few weeks i'll be able to sup a beer in the Stands whilst watching the Rugby.
Still 2nd class citizens if you watch Football.

You could do that now at CRFC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Walking Bird

That's what i meant by 2nd class citizens. It's legal at most sports events to have a pint.. But not at football ..

skyblueref

That's what i meant by 2nd class citizens. It's legal at most sports events to have a pint.. But not at football ..

Because unfortunately some football fans are idiots, I have seen young lads up at the Ricoh recently acting like embarrassing animals following games!! This is the reason for the law!

Ashdown

£24 to watch that unentertaining dross, being treated like a potential thug and vandal or £15 to watch Cov rugby go for 9 wins on the bounce against top of the table Ealing with beer in seat if I fancy it is a no brainer now I'm afraid. I'll be back for the Fleetwood game when the ticket price will be more in line with Pressley's current brand of football.

AndreasB

£24 to watch that unentertaining dross, being treated like a potential thug and vandal or £15 to watch Cov rugby go for 9 wins on the bounce against top of the table Ealing with beer in seat if I fancy it is a no brainer now I'm afraid. I'll be back for the Fleetwood game when the ticket price will be more in line with Pressley's current brand of football.

Oh grow up you fucking toddler. No one is being treated like a "potential thug" unless they are. Alcohol regulations are the law. Dont worry you will soon be able to go and watch Wasps and cuddle a pint if thats what you want.

LB87ccfc

All of this due to one incident of spotty underage wannabees seen drinking in block 15 vs Plymouth.. and now they think the fans are not behaving or being anti-social... Fucking hell, imagine if we was Millwall of the 80s for example, their wouldn't be a ground left after all the shit they have put us through.

Still, we are seeming to attract a few teenagers now all of a sudden.

Sky Blue Dal

Yes. Perhaps they should ban alcohol all together as some people get pissed.

No .. You don't see rugby fans acting violently after a few pints unlike many fans in the footballing circles.

The facts are proven to show in the UK that rugby and cricket fans can be trusted to behave maturely at matches after drinking a few beers... sadly our football fans turn nasty and abusive straight after a pint hits there lips.

How many alcohol related mass violence and abuse can you count occurring in Rugby and Cricket last year.. I would say there wasn't any... Now compare that with football???

So yes with football reputation of crowd trouble across the world, you can understand why football fans treated as a third class sports citizens.

fernandopartridge

No .. You don't see rugby fans acting violently after a few pints unlike many fans in the footballing circles.

The facts are proven to show in the UK that rugby and cricket fans can be trusted to behave maturely at matches after drinking a few beers... sadly our football fans turn nasty and abusive straight after a pint hits there lips.

How many alcohol related mass violence and abuse can you count occurring in Rugby and Cricket last year.. I would say there wasn't any... Now compare that with football???

So yes with football reputation of crowd trouble across the world, you can understand why football fans treated as a third class sports citizens.

I hate to break it to you but a lot of England's travelling cricket support are also football fans.

Most fans cause trouble?

Sick Boy

It's legal to drink in football grounds in Europe- used to drink pints of cold Peroni watching my adopted local team, Hellas Verona. They seemed to be more interested in drinking shots of coffee and grappa and launching the empty plastic canisters towards the pitch. Happy times.

Sick Boy

Because unfortunately some football fans are idiots, I have seen young lads up at the Ricoh recently acting like embarrassing animals following games!! This is the reason for the law!

It seems to be more of an British problem rather than those who follow football.

Travs

It's legal to drink in football grounds in Europe- used to drink pints of cold Peroni watching my adopted local team, Hellas Verona. They seemed to be more interested in drinking shots of coffee and grappa and launching the empty plastic canisters towards the pitch. Happy times.

Agreed.

I was astounded to go to the Rome Derby and find that not only could you freely consume alcohol outside the ground, but could also take it to your seat. Although as you say the real hardcore stick to shots of coffee throughout.

Would love to go to Hellas Verona, and Atalanta on a big match. I guess Hellas and Atalanta are big rivals due to political differences, so maybe that would be a good one to see.....!

Sky Blue Dal

I hate to break it to you but a lot of England's travelling cricket support are also football fans.

I Agree .. they are the sensible one's.

That's does not explain why we very rarely hear about serious crowd trouble in rugby and cricket. I can't think of any incidents in the last 5 years of such. Correct me if I am wrong.

By saying most fans cause trouble it seems to be way more epidemic within football than most sports.

Last edited:

Ashdown

Oh grow up you fucking toddler. No one is being treated like a "potential thug" unless they are. Alcohol regulations are the law. Dont worry you will soon be able to go and watch Wasps and cuddle a pint if thats what you want.

Fuck off you daft twat, don't you actually keep in touch with anything anyone actually writes or thinks on here. 'Alcohol regulations'..........that differ for different sports is what the problem is.............Wasps.......Fuck Wasps as well by the way you moron !

AndreasB

Fuck off you daft twat, don't you actually keep in touch with anything anyone actually writes or thinks on here. 'Alcohol regulations'..........that differ for different sports is what the problem is.............Wasps.......Fuck Wasps as well by the way you moron !

still whining

Mr T - Sukka!

I heard a rumour that people were going to the top of block 16 for a piss. Also the scoreboard was damaged. Thats why this has come out.

Pretty sensible to issue a "blanket statement" to all fans. Just as a reminder.
I think the club have got this 100% spot on.

Anyone ignores this then there is bans. Seems pretty fair to me.

Last edited:

hill83

Stroppy little cunts on here and Facebook. Pathetic

giphy.gif

wingy

I'm sensing the need for some Hormone Replacement therapy on this Thread .

You really are a Waspish (see what I did there ) , Overheated ,Contentious ,Cantankerous Individual AndreasB.

You have no perception of civility ,do you ??

AndreasB

I'm sensing the need for some Hormone Replacement therapy on this Thread .

You really are a Waspish (see what I did there ) , Overheated ,Contentious ,Cantankerous Individual AndreasB.

You have no perception of civility ,do you ??

People who just post the first twattish thing to come into their head don't really deserve civility in my book. Thanks for the adjectives though - must add them to my LinkedIn profile.

Users who are viewing this thread