Coventry City Film Night (3 Viewers)

Otis

[h=2]Sky Blues Film Night @ FV[/h] If you were there when it happened or it’s just something you hear the old folk talking about then you will love this trip down memory lane! For one night only, supporters of Coventry City are invited to see film footage covering over fifty years of the Sky Blues in action. Memorable moments in the history of the Sky Blues shared by Dean Nelson from his huge collection of over 700 films. There will also be the opportunity to buy some unique Coventry City gifts, collectibles and memorabilia from Back of the Net here at our Fargo Village emporium.

The event takes place on Friday the 17th of July from 7:30pm and is only £1 entry on the door.
You can expect the usual delicious coffee with a fully licenced bar and a one-off football related special....Pork & Stuffing Batch anyone?!
filmnight_UC.142354.jpg

Certainly worth considering for any City fan and at Urban Coffee they sell the best burgers in Coventry I would say.

Otis

where the fuck is fargo village

Dear me.

No wonder Coventry struggles as a city.

Don't you live in Cov, CC4L?

It's down Gosford Street. Fargo (Far Gosford). Me and my daughter love it there. Coffee shops, sweet shop, vintage clothes, crafts, book shops, soon to be bar and theatre, scooter shop, street food, bands and events all the time.

Grendel

I've never heard of it.

chiefdave

I've never heard of it either.....mind you I have been away from Cov. since 1982!

I moved away in 92 and I've heard of it! Never been but it looks good. That area seems to be improving a lot. Few years ago I looked into buying a pub there and turning it into a music venue, didn't go for it in the end but kind of wish I had now with what they have done with the area.

Samo

Am I the only one on here who lives in Cov?

The Lurker

I moved away in 92 and I've heard of it! Never been but it looks good. That area seems to be improving a lot. Few years ago I looked into buying a pub there and turning it into a music venue, didn't go for it in the end but kind of wish I had now with what they have done with the area.

Fargo is nice but the area is a hole! Full of foreign shops and takeaways. Fargo villiage is hid away. Only pub left down there is gosford arms. Beer engine they tried to galvanise twice but no avail. You had a lucky escape

Grendel

wingy

Most of what's happening down there Is down to the Harrabin family particularly Ian and one of the family companies "Complex Developments " .
They seem to be creating a Spon Street feel
with the hope of an Earlsdon village vibe.
He also Is the guy behind trying to open up the river albeit small that runs mostly under the city
Good visionary ideas and about preserving the best of the old in Coventry
Shame they couldn't be involved in some of the modern stuff that's cropping up around town
I guess as more takes off down there the rents will go up and higher end venues will replace the majority of take always, barber's and mini markets etc.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...if it's not actually on Far Gosford St, where is it ?

Otis

It is in Gosford Street. It's where there used to be a carpet place and a few industrial units.

Down the side of San Marco.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Thanks for that, Never heard of it, but I'm going to have a gander tomorrow.

Otis

Once it's all complete it'll be fantastic. Still a few units to be filled (only just built) and there will be a performance space for theatre, bands and concerts. That is going to be finished soon too.

Urban Coffee is a cool place and do visit the shop that has CCFC memorabilia.

There's always stuff going on. Bands and concerts and the other night they had a free Laurel & Hardy film night and someone playing the songs of Nick Drake.

armybike

It's quite quirky and worth a visit.

Also just for info you can't park on site but is accessible from either Far Gosford or Grafton Street.

Otis

It's quite quirky and worth a visit.

Also just for info you can't park on site but is accessible from either Far Gosford or Grafton Street.

Right. Nice to know. I always park in the official car park which is in Sky Blue Way. Is it free in Grafton Street?

Otis

Tomorrow may well be a good choice.

Food-and-Craft-Markets.jpg

[h=3]sat 20th JUNE
10:00am - 5:00pm
[/h][h=2]food & craft market – june[/h]Guess what…Fargo is now building up our very own Artisan…

TWISTED-BARREL-ALE.png

[h=3]sat 20th JUNE
10:00am - 11:00pm
[/h][h=2]twisted barrel brewery – opening day[/h]Save the date! Twisted Barrel Brewery will be opening today…

DADS-DAY.png

[h=3]sun 21st JUNE
10:00am - 6:00pm
[/h][h=2]dads day at fargo – sun 21 june[/h]Dads Day is almost here…you got your presents all sorted?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does this place get much publicity in Cov? Quite a few on here don't seem to have heard of it but are local. My excuse is I'm from outside Cov. Seems a shame if its so good.

Users who are viewing this thread