Video COVENTRY CITY FIGHT BACK AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED IN SPECIAL EMIRATES FA CUP SEMI! 🤯 | City Unseen (1 Viewer)

AngryAnt

'This is my football club now.'

say that to yourself and think back 8 years.

I keep thinking about this too.
7 years ago we were down to League 2, hated owners, manager who hadn't a clue.

Checkatrade really started to mark the change, if you'd have told me then that we'd be pushing on the door of the Prem, FA cup semi that we should have won, I'd have questioned what you'd been smoking. It's been an incredible journey and seeing how everyone stayed at the end to clap the players just shows how much we're behind the club. MR, Aidi and [even] Doug should take all of the credit as it's deserved.

Happy_Martian

Other fanbases on Twitter muttering how our fans weren't anything special and that we couldn't fill our own ground 5 or 10 years ago.

They have no idea.

Proud to be a Sky Blue. Proud to be part of this amazing fanbase. Proud to be a fan of this club.

Together, onward and upward !

shmmeee

Other fanbases on Twitter muttering how our fans weren't anything special and that we couldn't fill our own ground 5 or 10 years ago.

They have no idea.

Proud to be a Sky Blue. Proud to be part of this amazing fanbase. Proud to be a fan of this club.

Never happier than when I hear away fans sing where were you when you were shit.

A chant usually reserved for a club just bought by a sheik or similar. Built out of nothing but blood sweat and tears.

Ashdown

Beautiful, memorable stuff and then the vile cheating pricks contrived a way of getting rid of us. Bastards !!

Ashdown

They have no idea.

But only as upward as they allow us ! I’m quite scarred by this !

skybluericoh

But only as upward as they allow us ! I’m quite scarred by this !
We will be that good even if there was a conspiracy, which I don’t for one minute think there is, big clubs have and always will get the rub of the green, we will get there.
we have improved every season under MR even if we don’t make the playoffs we’re better than last season, next season we will be better than this.
Unseen is always a good watch, interviews at the end especially good.?

stevefloyd

I fast forwarded the penalties, don't wish to see them again but boy did we stick it up em and apart from the dubious offside what a game, and don't forget in the alloted time we are still unbeaten at Wembley in a competitive match only lost on penalties PUSB

edgy

They have no idea.

I was reading yesterday Utd fans trying to justify just how shit their support was by saying "you tin pot clubs just dont understand what we've been through."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Happy_Martian

I was reading yesterday Utd fans trying to justify just how shit their support was by saying "you tin pot clubs just dont understand what we've been through."

Same. Am even having an attendance argument with a couple, still bringing up our 6K attendances in L1. Tried to explain what a boycott is but they're as thick as shit and even less appealing.

Considering Man Utd fans hate the Glazers, how many cups have they won under their guidance ?
What did we get from SiSu (apart from the Mark Robins appointment) ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Same. Am even having an attendance argument with a couple, still bringing up our 6K attendances in L1. Tried to explain what a boycott is but they're as thick as shit and even less appealing.

Considering Man Utd fans hate the Glazers, how many cups have they won under their guidance ?
Fergie was manager for another 10 years after the Glazers takeover and it wasn’t like they suddenly stopped winning titles in that time. The truth is that he was the best British manager of all time and proved near impossible to replace.

djr8369

The 6k season was at. St Andrews during the pandemic

AJB1983

That attitude from teams that dominated the league and Europe of years and have billions of pounds worth of players and stadiums really fucking annoys me. What fucking planet are they on.
It’s also why I don’t buy any of this ‘football family’ bullshit when something not nice happens…. We’re all selfish.
Man Utd fans wouldn’t have given any shits whatsoever about our plight over the past 7 years,or even Bury going out of business.

also still winds me up watching the game back how we’re spoken about as if we’re in league 2 - we’re a very capable higher end championship side with some internationals in our team. Bit of fucking respect.

Happy_Martian

The 6k season was at. St Andrews during the pandemic

And we were still in L1 which is what I said. Remember the video of Robins being given the L1 Champions trophy at Ryton. Covid was a major factor in the reduced attendance but the boycott had an impact as well.

The following season, we were still at St Andrews. Can't find an average for 20/21. Brains a bit fuzzy about that year but think fans were still told to keep away.

Jim

Watched the full ITV coverage from second half onwards last night (and city unseen!) to check my sky blue tinted glasses from watching at Wembley.

And yes we played some damn good football in that second half onwards and specifically when we brought on Binks, Torp and Tavares.

Such a joy to rewatch!

djr8369

And we were still in L1 which is what I said. Remember the video of Robins being given the L1 Champions trophy at Ryton. Covid was a major factor in the reduced attendance but the boycott had an impact as well.

The following season, we were still at St Andrews. Can't find an average for 20/21. Brains a bit fuzzy about that year but think fans were still told to keep away.
In fairness some of the teams who have gone down to L1, L2 have kept much better attendances than we did but we were on a long slow death spiral with hated owners and boycotts.

Happy_Martian

In fairness some of the teams who have gone down to L1, L2 have kept much better attendances than we did but we were on a long slow death spiral with hated owners and boycotts.

Not arguing with you but you do seem to be repeating my comments back to me. I haven't commented about other sides, only ourselves and our situation. I said our reduced attendance at Stans was due to the boycott and Covid.

We've only come of age since Doug took over and the attendances have shown the fans appreciation. None of this would have happened if Sisu were still here.

djr8369

Not arguing with you but you do seem to be repeating my comments back to me. I haven't commented about other sides, only ourselves and our situation. I said our reduced attendance at Stans was due to the boycott and Covid.

We've only come of age since Doug took over and the attendances have shown the fans appreciation. None of this would have happened if Sisu were still here.
No disagreement just making the point you could see how another fan base without being aware of all the context might view our attendances as nothing special in the L1/2 days.

skybluericoh

I had a heated discussion outside Wembley with two giving it the big un about us being a sh1t division 2 club. I couldn’t resist they soon backed down said how unlucky we were and should have won. I said what a second division team? ‘Yeh ok mate sorry’

Users who are viewing this thread