Coventry City Fc Crest Redesign (University Project) Part 2 (1 Viewer)

Skevin

Helllo coventry city fc fans,

After getting feedback from the first design of the crest.
I made a few changes to add more cultural relevance while keeping it modern.

I have uploaded two versions:

1.jpg 2.jpg

I need to hear from you the fans about what you think of the suggested redesign.

Which one wud you choose? 1 OR 2

Does it lack something?

Thank you

Youre feedback is appreciated and useful in creating these designs.

Regards

Kev Kev

Hobo

My choice is no 2.

Greggs

Is there a design that looks like it's been designed by an adult? If so, i vote for that one!

Greggs

What are you actually hoping to achieve from this little game?

CovisGod

Without being harsh, so please don't think I'm a dick. Both look like they've been hashed together by a 12 year old on paint. Whatever your trying to achieve best of luck but I wouldn't want either of them as our badge

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is the elephant on badge number 2 a qualified First Aider?

Chez78

Out of the two I prefer no 2, just in case this is being mulled over by the club leave our badge well alone it doesn't need changing.

Noggin

It's his university branding project, everyone is being very harsh.

I like number 1, good job, the elephant doesn't stand out very well though, but then the football doesn't on number 2.

stupot07

I like number 1, good job, the elephant doesn't stand out very well though, but then the football doesn't on number 2.

Agree on both counts. Can everyone stop getting their knickers in a twist, and just help the young lad out instead of lambasting him.

I prefer 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

For those that missed the first post, it's his uni project FFS. Geez, it says something when people seriously think the club is sending people onto SBT to get feedback about a new badge!

I prefer 2 to be honest, never been a fan of the blue on blue, prefer the clarity of the white.

Rusty Trombone

Prefer no. 2, the first one is a bit too dark for me. There's clearly a lot of clever 12 year olds around Cov judging by some of the comments. Good luck with the project.

skybluebeduff

1.) How dare you even attempt to redesign OUR badge!

2.) I guess you're working for "them"

3.) Close thread, nobody wants a redesign, nor a mockery one, this guy is taking the piss.

What next a name change?

F$%k off!

EDIT: Oh it's a uni project, my reaction stays the same though. It's a sensitive time....

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

"Less is more" as far as I'm concerned when it comes to a football club's badge. I quite like both those designs, and the previous one which made an appearance a couple of days ago.
The current one which we adopted in the early 1980's just appears to be a copy of the city's coat of arms. If there were to be a redesign I'd be happy with either of these two, unlike that abomination that was proposed a few years ago.

James Smith

I've edited the title of the thread to avoid any more confusion.

James Smith

I prefer 2 because as well as the symbolism, I like the amount of colour in our badge and this is of the two is the most colourful.

stupot07

"Less is more" as far as I'm concerned when it comes to a football club's badge. I quite like both those designs, and the previous one which made an appearance a couple of days ago.
The current one which we adopted in the early 1980's just appears to be a copy of the city's coat of arms. If there were to be a redesign I'd be happy with either of these two, unlike that abomination that was proposed a few years ago.

Yeah, I prefer the classic 70's elephant on a ball
e3a7u7y2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

Could the next one be of a homeless white elephant sitting on a ball outside a castle begging for loose change. No 2 is the better of the 2 options.

Paxman II

Don't like either of these to be honest. Still want to see the elephant trunk pointing upwards for luck.

mark82

Just come on here for the first time in a few days and have to say this is fucking hilarious. Everyone attacking a student for a university project. Seriously, not everything is a conspiracy.

mark82

1.) How dare you even attempt to redesign OUR badge!

2.) I guess you're working for "them"

3.) Close thread, nobody wants a redesign, nor a mockery one, this guy is taking the piss.

What next a name change?

F$%k off!

EDIT: Oh it's a uni project, my reaction stays the same though. It's a sensitive time....

This is my particular favourite. Even after realising his mistake stands by his over reaction. Quality.

mark82

I'd go with number 2 by the way. Still needs work though in my opinion. Can't put my finger on where just doesn't look quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread