Coventry City eye up Bury Star (1 Viewer)

Pigeon

From the Coventry Telegraph:

COVENTRY CITY are keen on Bury's French midfielder Damien Mozika, according to reports.

The Sunday Sun reports that the talented 24-year-old is wanted by Middlesbrough as well as the Sky Blues.

It is believed that Mozika is available for around £250,000.

smileycov

Facebook User
Ryan Lowe scores for fun, scored 2 against us........so were interested in a midfielder!!

Pigeon

My concern would be that they are going to sell off someone like Clingan and get a cheap replacement that is unproven. However, if it is just for cover as Deegan could be out for a good while then a midfielder would be useful as injuries and bookings and red cards begin to take there toll. We really need a striker as we've played 2 league games and have yet to score a goal.

rob9872

"It is believed that Mozika is available for around £250,000."

That's us out of the runing then! (and not to mention we can't compete with Boro on wages or the location being futrher from Bury. Another non story from the CET (not a pop at the op btw, just an observation)

I guess their disclaimer is that we atre "eyeing" rather than bidding. We're probably eyeing Rooney Ronaldo and Messi too, but no chance of those either.

rob9872

We have a habit of signing players who do well against us. Perhaps one day someone will realise that the main reason opposing players look good against us is because we're shit. They rarely fail to disappoint.

For a good recent example see Michael McIndoe v Isaac Osbourne playing right back. There have been many :(

Otis

And indeed many, many instances of lower league players playing out of their skins in cup competitions against higher league clubs.

Godiva

We have a habit of signing players who do well against us. Perhaps one day someone will realise that the main reason opposing players look good against us is because we're shit. They rarely fail to disappoint.

For a good recent example see Michael McIndoe v Isaac Osbourne playing right back. There have been many :(

Not the best example. McIndoe wasn't a bad player and we could use him now on the left if AT stick with 4-4-2 for any number of games.

rob9872

Not the best example. McIndoe wasn't a bad player and we could use him now on the left if AT stick with 4-4-2 for any number of games.

I liked McIndoe. I defended him on here and the CET many times. The example was that we signed him because he was superb against us and whilst decent enough at times, he never produced anything like that display in a City shirt and I think part of that problem is that he would have come up against few worse RB than IO, particularly ones lacking in as much pace.

I think having seen him, a lot of fans expected him to be a tricky winger that we craved who would go past players and were therefore disappointed that he was only ever really a wide midfielder, which in fairness was his strength. He tracked back and worked hard and had good delivery if given time (eg v Leicester last season).

Nick

Administrator
I rated McIndoe some games and would much prefer him back now. Where is he now?

I didn't see the Bury game but if he is attacking midfielder than why not? We need some creativity!

dojer

I'd say that just in terms of numbers we need a midfielder far more than a striker. Yes you can argue that the strikers we have aren't that great but O'Donovan I think will improve with game time, he put in a great raking pass to set up a chance for Jutkkiewicz against Birmingham and with those two, Platt and Eastwood as well as McSheffrey I think we have a decent amount of forward options. I also think our opinion of the quality of our strike force is distorted by the early stage in the season as well as the quality of defences we've been up against.

In midfield we look really short especially as Thorn is playing with the diamond formation which puts Clingan as the fulcrum of the team, if he gets injured, we're screwed. This is where Mozika could help he looks like a strong physical presence with a good range of passing, the physicality is what i think the team lacks in most areas of the pitch. If Thorn has the requisite funds, which he may or may not have then he should be looking to sign someone to bolster the midfield as a priority. Mozika is relatively young as well which means he has potential re-sale value and maybe the lack of forward planning in this regard in recent years is what has helped put us in this financial position, how many young up-and-coming players have we really signed since Dann and Fox?

Also to the people suggesting Ryan Lowe, he's 32 and he was a massive flop when he was last in the Championship with Crewe. We don't really need him and it we'd be paying for a player who would inevitably leave on a free in 1 or 2 years time at the end of his contract

sky_blue_up_north

He did have an half decent game, but we were rubbish that night, Crannie never got into the game. I just think its paper talk, we won't be signing anyone, unless the Hoffman deal goes ahead

ccfc2011

Damien Mozika (born 15 April 1987 in Corbeil-Essonnes)[1] is a French professional footballer who is currently at Bury F.C.. He plays as a midfielder.
Mozika arrived at Chester shortly before the start of the 2008–09 season, after spending time on trial with the club. He had previously played in his native France for AS Nancy and CS Louhans-Cuiseaux (on loan).
He made his Football League debut for Chester in a 6–0 defeat to Dagenham & Redbridge on August 9, 2008. Following his debut Mozika's consistent performances led to four unknown Championship clubs making enquiries. He scored his first goal for the club in a 1–1 draw with Bury on 6 September 2008, with a further goal arriving against Chesterfield the following January.
After making just one appearance in a three month period from January to April 2009 - due to injury, Mozika was suspended by Chester for alleged breaches of discipline shortly before the season ended.[2] He was released at the end of the campaign. [3]
On 19 August 2010 Mozika signed for Bury having previously spent time in Iran with Tarbiat Yazd.[4] The club announced on 9 December 2010 that his contract has been extended until the end of the 2013 season.[5]

Users who are viewing this thread