Coventry City director tells man behind £3m Ricoh Arena plan to talk to club's owners (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Perhaps it would have been wise of him to speak to the club first before announcing his plan in the telegraph?

Grendel

He sounded a waste of space - not worth air time.

shy_tall_knight

If this was genuine and credible it should have been conducted in private without an initial media outburst. Since premiership relegation too many people have used our club's crisis for self- promotion, hope this leads to something positive.

blend

I didn't think the owner of the club got involved in rental discussions at all thought she was happy to leave such deals to the directors. Like the rent strike?!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think Labovitch is right in this case ...... if the guy has a serious proposal then he should have spoken to the club before going public or launching his plan.

Listened to Mr Kelman on CWR this morning (just after 8am), I didn't get the impression that he understands what is going on. Seems to think that paying the rent for the club will achieve a solution and achieve eventual ownership. But that doesn't address access to income at the Ricoh for example. Couldn't say how they would get the season tickets to sell at £100 either. Everything in the interview seemed to me to keep reverting to "cutting edge technology" and how he was involved in it with his company of "crowdboarders". Seemed to say he had talked to people 18mths ago?

Just do not see how this actually achieves a solution with everything else that is going on ? if they got a stake in the club who would own it? who would carry the cost of the ticket discounts? What security is there to the investment? what is the gain to investors especially those not taking up a season ticket? etc etc ............

The Gentleman

kelmens heart is in right place, he knows council are demanding too much rent and hes trying to help at least.

Council demanding too much rent? Firstly it's ACL and not CCC and secondly, if you say demanding then you must be talking about the last offer of FREE for this season and £150k for the next two. Yes those figures do seem high compared to Sixfields at £170k (if reports are accurate).

chiefdave

Everything in the interview seemed to me to keep reverting to "cutting edge technology" and how he was involved in it with his company of "crowdboarders"

Looking at the crowdboarders website I'm not sure he knows much about cutting edge technology, looks like it was made in front page 10 years ago!

covcity4life

its not about how it stacks up to sixfields. ccfc has moved because if they accept another rent deal with the council they know it will be very hard to negotiate for years to come.

they want access to income and acl/ccc seem reluctant to help the club grow.

Godiva

Council demanding too much rent? Firstly it's ACL and not CCC and secondly, if you say demanding then you must be talking about the last offer of FREE for this season and £150k for the next two. Yes those figures do seem high compared to Sixfields at £170k (if reports are accurate).

Plus 10K match day cost per game ... some 300K per season?

Grendel

We forgot the small matter of matchday costs.

chiefdave

Plus 10K match day cost per game ... some 300K per season?

If it's around £150K a year to play at Sixfields then £300K to play at the Ricoh seem reasonable? It's below the £400K figure first put forward by Fisher as an acceptable rent level.

Obviously the lower the better but I don't think the sort of offers ACL have made could be considered ripping off the club.

Godiva

I do like Shane:

Can I have Joy on the show, please? Please, please I am asking vey nicely please can you ask her Mark, please?
:D

Godiva

If it's around £150K a year to play at Sixfields then £300K to play at the Ricoh seem reasonable? It's below the £400K figure first put forward by Fisher as an acceptable rent level.

Obviously the lower the better but I don't think the sort of offers ACL have made could be considered ripping off the club.

That's not my point - Nobody contest that playing at the Ricoh is the better financial choice.
But why not quote the right figure especially as it's publicly known?

Godiva

Was ML on again today? Did he manage to get through it without sounding like he was about to burst into tears under Shanes intensive questioning???

He did stutter a lot.

Houdi

The only thing missing was him giving details of a Nigerian Bank Account for (the gullible) supporters to pay their money into.:facepalm:

The Gentleman

That's not my point - Nobody contest that playing at the Ricoh is the better financial choice.
But why not quote the right figure especially as it's publicly known?

I was pointing out what CC4L was saying about rent. Rent is totally different to matchday costs and we know that the matchday costs were separate and on top. So I did quote the right rental figure.

rupert_bear

Funny everytime somebody has an idea of trying to get some sort of plan going to get us away from the debacle we are in no marks on here come on and diss whoever it is trying. He might not be the shining Knight in armour we all crave for, then again he might be or know someone who would like to be. At this moment in time it looks like nobody will touch us with a barge pole, I find that strange and a concern, if you count the Ricoh and our heritage and potential fanbase we offer a decent package in my opinion.
I still have a great worry we will be the first "big" club that ceases to exist, something prophesised a while back by a football finance expert. One thing is certain our club cannot exist much longer in it's present state, something will give eventually. Don't rule out a second stint in administration as a distinct possibility. So any help is atleast worth listening to. There is one plus point if Mark Labovitch has said to this guy put any idea to our owner then that tells me they will listen to offers for our club.

ajsccfc

Funny everytime somebody has an idea of trying to get some sort of plan going to get us away from the debacle we are in no marks on here come on and diss whoever it is trying.

I agree. There's absolutely nothing in the history of the club that should give anyone reason to be sceptical of someone new coming in.

Sky Blue Dal

Funny everytime somebody has an idea of trying to get some sort of plan going to get us away from the debacle we are in no marks on here come on and diss whoever it is trying. He might not be the shining Knight in armour we all crave for, then again he might be or know someone who would like to be. At this moment in time it looks like nobody will touch us with a barge pole, I find that strange and a concern, if you count the Ricoh and our heritage and potential fanbase we offer a decent package in my opinion.
I still have a great worry we will be the first "big" club that ceases to exist, something prophesised a while back by a football finance expert. One thing is certain our club cannot exist much longer in it's present state, something will give eventually. Don't rule out a second stint in administration as a distinct possibility. So any help is atleast worth listening to. There is one plus point if Mark Labovitch has said to this guy put any idea to our owner then that tells me they will listen to offers for our club.

Agree RB , but I do feel his solution is to fix it with a band aid when really the club needs a blood transfusion.

ccfclinney

Why should the fans pay for sisus rent and have no say on what happens.. Surely a multi millionaire would have a better t shir then henleys also .. Seems a clown to me

Users who are viewing this thread