Coventry City Council Statement (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Coventry City Council have tonight issued a statement saying they have nothing to do with negotiations concerning Coventry City and its rent row.

“This is an issue for ACL and its board of directors and the football club. The council has no role to play in any negotiations with the club concerning rent and match day revenues at the Ricoh Arena.”

The CableGuy

A few weeks from now:

SISU: "We attempted to contact WhatsHisName at the Council but he didn't even want to talk to us. See? They're Evil!"

Tonylinc

Coventry City Council have tonight issued a statement saying they have nothing to do with negotiations concerning Coventry City and its rent row.

“This is an issue for ACL and its board of directors and the football club. The council has no role to play in any negotiations with the club concerning rent and match day revenues at the Ricoh Arena.”
What a load of crap. Are they now saying that although they put taxpayers money into the project that they have no interest in what happens to that money?

torchomatic

And isn't the chief exec of CCC on the board of ACL? :thinking about:

What a load of crap. Are they now saying that although they put taxpayers money into the project that they have no interest in what happens to that money?

Paxman II

Well the statement of course is factually correct. ACL are the lease holders. They and they alone must make their business model work. They as an outside company can not be told what to do by anyone else least of all your landlord who gave you the lease!

However we all know the council formed ACL in the first place, gave that entity control by way of a lease earning the council a considerable rent back and remaining the freeholders. To suggest they have no 'influence' in the rental dispute is a little rich coming from them as they rely on ACL's ability to operate and they also came to the companies rescue recently by agreeing to take over ACL's bank loan and restructured a better loan to them! Don't think you would get that kind of sympathy from any other landlord would you?
fact is they are connected by special interest and to say it's entirely up to ACL at this prolonged juncture is offensive.

This council must pull the plug on the whole idea of a separate entity running things. They know the football club should be that entity and can find a deal that would ensure it happens while still remaining the freeholders. So in other words - what's the point of ACL in the first place?

Tonylinc

Well the statement of course is factually correct. ACL are the lease holders. They and they alone must make their business model work. They as an outside company can not be told what to do by anyone else least of all your landlord who gave you the lease!

However we all know the council formed ACL in the first place, gave that entity control by way of a lease earning the council a considerable rent back and remaining the freeholders. To suggest they have no 'influence' in the rental dispute is a little rich coming from them as they rely on ACL's ability to operate and they also came to the companies rescue recently by agreeing to take over ACL's bank loan and restructured a better loan to them! Don't think you would get that kind of sympathy from any other landlord would you?
fact is they are connected by special interest and to say it's entirely up to ACL at this prolonged juncture is offensive.

This council must pull the plug on the whole idea of a separate entity running things. They know the football club should be that entity and can find a deal that would ensure it happens while still remaining the freeholders. So in other words - what's the point of ACL in the first place?
More to the point what is the point of their statement?

coundonskyblue

<p>
Well the statement of course is factually correct. ACL are the lease holders. They and they alone must make their business model work. They as an outside company can not be told what to do by anyone else least of all your landlord who gave you the lease!</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>However we all know the council formed ACL in the first place, gave that entity control by way of a lease earning the council a considerable rent back and remaining the freeholders. To suggest they have no 'influence' in the rental dispute is a little rich coming from them as they rely on ACL's ability to operate and they also came to the companies rescue recently by agreeing to take over ACL's bank loan and restructured a better loan to them! Don't think you would get that kind of sympathy from any other landlord would you?</p>
<p>fact is they are connected by special interest and to say it's entirely up to ACL at this prolonged juncture is offensive.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>This council must pull the plug on the whole idea of a separate entity running things. They know the football club should be that entity and can find a deal that would ensure it happens while still remaining the freeholders. So in other words - what's the point of ACL in the first place?

The point of Acl is that football clubs shouldn't be organising concerts and exhibitions. Ccfc (as Acl owners) need their knowledge.

torchomatic

And a Council - sorry a joint venture company that has nothing to do with the council - shouldn't be running a football stadium.

<p>

The point of Acl is that football clubs shouldn't be organising concerts and exhibitions. Ccfc (as Acl owners) need their knowledge.

wingy

A response to what?

I believe in response to an Attempt by SISU to suggest a resumption of Negotiation re; Arent agreement for next Season Tony .
I'd say they're around 6 months behind the curve here ,and most of this posturing from both parties is about establishing whether CCFC Holdings LTD has any Legitimate right to do deals on behalf of the Club when the Club as percieved by many and for ACL's legal status to be "Wholly in Admin".

coundonskyblue

<p>
And a Council - sorry a joint venture company that has nothing to do with the council - shouldn't be running a football stadium.

They dont.

From a football point of view Acl dont run the stadium. All acl do is maintain the building. Ccfc run the logistics for matchday.

letsallsingtogether

No it's more of he said she said they won't reply we have had no talks we shook hands no we didn't we e-mailed a week last Monday
must have been wrong address
These are 2 company's that pay their advisers good money and must spend even more on spin Doctors as who knows who said what.

Fuck me i'm confused again...:slap:
Another statement! Im fed up of seeing these, especially when they tell us so little! Or is it just that they don't tell me what I want to hear? One or t'other

torchomatic

And they mentioned Martin Reeves who as we know has absolutely nothing to do with Coventry City Council.

I believe in response to an Attempt by SISU to suggest a resumption of Negotiation re; Arent agreement for next Season Tony .
I'd say they're around 6 months behind the curve here ,and most of this posturing from both parties is about establishing whether CCFC Holdings LTD has any Legitimate right to do deals on behalf of the Club when the Club as percieved by many and for ACL's legal status to be "Wholly in Admin".

skybluegnome

Talk about moving the goal posts...that's politicians for you....:)

wingy

And they mentioned Martin Reeves who as we know has absolutely nothing to do with Coventry City Council.
Its all fairly straight forward then Torch ,two parties trying to establish a legal standpoint outside of court ,its all about perception ,we all need to stay cool asin around 4 weeks a decision will be made ,this is just a poorly played game of Chess.

skybluegnome

<p>

They dont.

From a football point of view Acl dont run the stadium. All acl do is maintain the building. Ccfc run the logistics for matchday.

If that is the case why do the football club have to get permission from ACL to even train at 'their' ground? That was something Robins commented on during his short tenure..

coundonskyblue

<p>
If that is the case why do the football club have to get permission from ACL to even train at 'their' ground? That was something Robins commented on during his short tenure..

Because they dont own the ground???

Ccfc organised all matchdsy events. Acl organise all non football events. Simple as that.

wingy

Because they wer'nt payin the rent and it was a whip to beat ACL with :facepalm:

@richh87

I don't know why any of you care about ACL negotiating with SISU. I'm delighted that they aren't. Get SISU out - f*ck them. They've done nothing but harm our club. We have buyers - so the fools who've banged on about 'SISU being the only game in town' can finally put a sock in it.

J

Jack Griffin

A response to what?

This is what the response was to

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...negotiations-on-coventry-city-92746-33152609/

Even though ACL has the chief exec of CCC and the on its board the negotiations have to be with ACL directors... they are 2 from the council, 2 from the higgs charity & 1 independant.

Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen
External appointments: Clerk to the Trustees of the Alan Edward Higgs Charity.

Dr Martin Reeves
External Appointments: Chief Executive, Coventry City Council

Chris West
External appointments: Director of Finance and Legal Services at Coventry City Council.

Nicholas Carter
External appointments: Director of Hitachi Capital Insurance Europe Ltd.

Paul Harris
External Appointments: Executive Director of Property for Virgin Media appointed Dec 2008. Trustee of Alan Edward Higgs Charity appointed January 2012 and Non Executive Director of Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL).

SISU are trying to blur the correct lines of communication for their own PR & tactical reasons. I don't think anyone is gonna be fooled by that old balony.

dadgad

SISU are trying to blur the correct lines of communication for their own PR & tactical reasons. I don't think anyone is gonna be fooled by that old balony.

I can think of a few tbf.
This is yet another example of our vile little hedge fund trying it on.
Odious, carpet selling shysters.

I'm sorry but I find the whole thing 'as clear as mud'. It seems like three kids caught being naughty: 'he did it!' 'No he did it!', "it was them what did it it Dad!'

sky blue john

Or maybe its Sisu's confidence that they may expect to be in control of the club after admin.
You have to remember they have their man in control of the administration process !!!

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread