Match Thread Coventry City - Carlisle United Match Thread - Tuesday 12th Sep (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

One thing's for sure, if Ponti turns out to be a dud there are going to be lots of disappointed Sky Blues fans.....he's being made out to be the next Messi by some on here.

He can't be any worse than the strikers tonight

Kingokings204

Pretty even so far. Chances at either end. Poor finishing means we have 0-0 thus far.

Esoterica

One thing's for sure, if Ponti turns out to be a dud there are going to be lots of disappointed Sky Blues fans.....he's being made out to be the next Messi by some on here.
People will be be forced to admit we create nothing then though, which has been the real problem all along

oucho

People will be be forced to admit we create nothing then though, which has been the real problem all along
Not true as the likes of Maddison, Harries, G Thomas, Wilson etc amply demonstrates. There wasn't half the buzz about Wilson as there was about Ponti.

oucho

robbiekeane

Grimmer just got drop kicked and fair play to him got in the pricks face. Ref gives nothing more than a free kick

Esoterica

Not true as the likes of Maddison, Harries, G Thomas, Wilson etc amply demonstrates. There wasn't half the buzz about Wilson as there was about Ponti.
I'm talking creating chances in a game of football that a striker like Ponti will flourish on, not our academy pipeline which I think is excellent.

Johnnythespider

Pedestrian, lethargic, lacking any invention, my lad said watching the rain is more exciting, it's hard to disagree

PVA

3 goals conceded in 6.5 games.

Very solid

We have the best defence in the league, but one of the worst attacks.

Best get used to this as we're going to see a lot of 0-0s and 1-0s this season.

Beavon is working hard and making a nuisance of himself, Duck needs more composure on the ball. Need to get Jones in the game more.

Fergusons_Beard

Too many long hopeless balls & we are at Home and playing 1 up front!

If Vincenti was upfront then lump it up to him and gamble off the knock downs.

But you don't lob it to Beavon all by himself and expect him to head it without support!

Meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Otis

Beavon has worked the whole width of the pitch this half while Duck has stood about after his initial 10 minute burst.
Yeah, don't know what happened to Nazon. He started off brightly but quickly disappeared out of the game and for a bloke built like a bricK shit house he's getting out muscled far too easily.

One very good shot from Beavon, one poor effort straight at the keeper.

Stokes having a bit of a mare and Vincenti not the same level of performance as on Saturday. Anyone else think Vincenti looked favourite to follow up that save from Beavon? I thought he should have thrown himself into the box to get that follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread