Match Thread Coventry City - Cardiff City Match Thread - Monday 1st Apr (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Not the first time our passing has gone to shit across the board, how does that happen?

Martin180

Yeah that’s probably fair. I’m just posing the question as to whether we should be keeping more clean sheets
I’m hoping the other Peterborough player were interested in is Ronnie Edwards but Premier league sides were sniffing round him in January

mmttww

Passing was dreadful across the park today

This is it. Lost count of how many simple passes we fluffed. Thomas and Eccles the worst culprits. Sheaf joined in the bad pass party. Palmer was too deep too often. Seemed like we just sank after the first OG. Meh.

covcity4life

This is it. Lost count of how many simple passes we fluffed. Thomas and Eccles the worst culprits. Sheaf joined in the bad pass party. Palmer was too deep too often. Seemed like we just sank after the first OG. Meh.
Thought MVE touch seemed off from get go too?

mmttww

Thought MVE touch seemed off from get go too?

Not quite on it but don't remember him sh*tting the bed with simple passes like others did. Felt he did his job. Got up the pitch, was an outlet, got balls in to the box from decent positions.

Evo1883

Sometimes we have to accept that in reality this entire team is in its infancy , some young lads too that will grow and improve and I reiterate again as in the other thread that I think we miss out this year and make a real go next year with an even stronger squad

CCFCSteve

Frustrating as we just weren’t at our best today across the most of the team. Sloppiest passing game for a while, trying to force it even when we were winning/drawing…..I’d have been fuming if I was Bidwell first half, bombing forward time after time and then palmer, Thomas and sheaf (and a couple of others) trying to play it through congested areas/groups of Cardiff players. As i say, frustrating !

Surprised about some comments about Eccles, thought he played really well before the two poor passes just before being hooked. Unfortunately that’s what people remember but I thought he was one of our better players overall

A good point made by someone one cwr, if we want to be playing in the Prem then we need to be talking points of teams like Leeds and Southampton so here’s our chance. Still think we’re just a bit short but let’s hope we can keep the fun going a bit longer !

Martin180

Sometimes we have to accept that in reality this entire team is in its infancy , some young lads too that will grow and improve and I reiterate again as in the other thread that I think we miss out this year and make a real go next year with an even stronger squad
Exactly this .

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Yeah that’s probably fair. I’m just posing the question as to whether we should be keeping more clean sheets

I’ll say a similar thing again, only Leeds, WBA, Ipswich, Leicester and Millwall (?!?) have kept more clean sheets than us this season…..

and yes, that’s basically 4 of the top 6, but Leicester and Ipswich are only 2 clean sheets ahead of us, so we’re actually not doing too bad on that front by the looks of things

covcity4life

Yup this.

Most tpeople agree this may be a season too soon for us so why moan now?

It's hard to make top 6 when have to bring tavares on for example. No disrespect to the lad

Yet here we are with a fighting chance. Playoffs are a bonus not an expectation. Most fans should be enjoying this season not throwing toys out of pram everytime we lose a game.

messiahrobins

But for the Kitching OG after we score, we probably win the game. That was a criminal mistake at a costly moment in the game after we scored.
WE badly miss Sakamoto. Had we had him fit with MVE behind him i think we would have gone up though the play offs.
Norwich looked hopeless today though and i think 6th is definitely still on for us but i am not sure we will be good enough without Sakamoto to beat any of Leeds Leicester, Southampton Ipswich or West Brom over two legs.
However, this has been such a positive season for us, that really surely we should now all be super positive for next season which is the season we should really be hitting our straps properly. Kitching and Thomas will be miles better next season after a year experience at this level under their belts.

mmttww

Second half, until the subs, whenever the CBs had the ball, all three midfielders were totally static. Felt like a half-arsed training match until their second. Weird.

shmmeee

Couldn’t believe the negativity around me today TBH, the two bloke behind me slagging everyone off from kick off like normal but seemed to be a lot more frustration coming through. It was a frustrating game though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yup this.

It's hard to make top 6 when have to bring tavares on for example. No disrespect to the lad

Yet here we are with a fighting chance. Playoffs are a bonus not an expectation. Most fans should be enjoying this season not throwing toys out of pram everytime we lose a game.
Think disappointment today is fine and a natural response. Would like performances to be strong until the end regardless though

Matt smith

Yup this.

I think they should be an expectation next year mind.

it’s hard to keep getting positive results in this league.

robins keeps referring to the fact he’s got a small squad, expect it to be much better next year as we won’t lose many we don’t want too

JohnWH

Was it just a misperception on my part or was the team overly devoted to crosses more so than usual? Especially in last 5 or 10 minutes?

Oh, need to add: disappointing result but not gonna give any grief

covcity4life

Think disappointment today is fine and a natural response. Would like performances to be strong until the end regardless though
Disappointment is fine. Just no need for massive autopsy or getting on players backs or branding them shit etc

We can't win every game but we're still well placed for the bigger picture. Important to remember that, that's all.

messiahrobins

Yup this.

Long term it will be better going up next season as champions totally owning the league than through the play offs this season. I think the squad would be a bit young and naive next season in the PL, but the season after i think the squad would be at its peak and be better placed to stay up.
The squad is miles better than last season, the players are all ours and young and can compete on their day already against PL teams as we saw the Wolves. The foundations are there now for all to see. This is the best time to be a Coventry fan since the Sillet years imho. We are at the start of i feel at least a decade of joy.

Users who are viewing this thread