Match Thread Coventry City - Cardiff City Match Thread - Monday 1st Apr (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Boosh in Brisbane 😅😅

TomRad85

First OG was awful. He doesn't need to try and hit it over the bar, had the time to pass it out for a corner.
Yeh agreed, one of the biggest pieces of shit I've seen on a pitch tbh. No idea what he was thinking.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Palmer was poor after our goal but he was involved in that goal, and was playing some blinding balls behind their defence prior to that. Cardiff switched something after we scored and we were pretty crap from there on in. Tavares is a centre forward, don’t bring him on at right wing. Waste. Switch formation man.
Torp and O’Hare should have been at half time. Really could of done with Godden on the bench today

I think they whacked an extra man in midfield. The space was gone.

SeaSeeEffCee

Playing the same team in both games feels a bit naive in retrospect. Especially when Wright, Palmer and Latibeaudiere all played two games in the international break as well.

Season isn’t over but that was one of the easiest games we have left and we’ve lost it. Going to have to pull out some big results against better teams than Cardiff now. Think play-offs are unlikely, but we’ll be better next year.

Matt smith

Josh Eccles gave the ball away just as much if not more, and Sheaf wasn’t far behind too - why are we singling Palmer out? He was our main threat for periods and at least he was trying the penetrating passes and creating things..

People trying to blame players or Robins, it was just a bad day at the office with two unfortunate mistakes (well not really even that for the second) and other than that we were arguably the better team.

Take it and move on, an opportunity we didn’t take but we haven’t lost ground and still in the mix
I thought Eccles was good today, our best player by a country mile

I’m not blaming Palmer I just said he was poor today he’s been good recently

Jarvo87

Well, that was a tad frustrating, and even more so given the other results. Haven’t read the whole match day thread and views, but to me it seemed a game too far, as we looked leggy and a yard off it the whole game. Passing, whether out from the back four or progressively through the midfield was fairly abysmal for the most part and we didn’t have the nous to break them down and create. Mixed in with Kitching’s pure rush of blood and what looked a fluke, I’d put it down to a bad day at the office.

mark82

Well, I thought Cardiff were good for the win. We were pretty poor today, they were well organised.

I don’t remember their keeper having to make a save in the 2nd half…other than the disallowed goal, which doesn’t count.

The one fucking game I hope we win each year.
Sorry for the additional pain this will cause you. 🤣

Martin180

Playing the same team in both games feels a bit naive in retrospect. Especially when Wright, Palmer and Latibeaudiere all played two games in the international break as well.

Season isn’t over but that was one of the easiest games we have left and we’ve lost it. Going to have to pull out some big results against better teams than Cardiff now. Think play-offs are unlikely, but we’ll be better next year.
I like this new positivity 👍

Matt smith

We need to start actually keeping clean sheets, defensively we’re not great at all. Kitching had one of those days and he is good, but is he a 4 and a half million pound Centre half

I’m not too despondent always going to hand bumps in the road, but defensively we have to improve.

mark82

If we’re honest playoffs were always a massive stretch given the start we had. We did fantastically well to get to where we are but we’d have to be in autos form all 2024 to make them.

We still could but just missing out and getting an FA cup semi this year is no shame.
Are we better than any of the teams above us? Maybe Norwich but other than that, probably not. We're about where we should be.

theferret

Not agonising. Just like to ask when I’ve been in the ground cos people on here have TV and replays.

A few on twitter saying it looked on. Regardless, don't think we deserved much from that game tbh, barely tested the keeper. One of them. On we go..

covcity4life

I thought Eccles was good today, our best player by a country mile

I’m not blaming Palmer I just said he was poor today he’s been good recently
Palmer was poor and I'm a big fan normally

Eccles is so overrated by some fans and underated by others. He was ok today nothing else. One great run second half. But also remember him standing in sheafs way and offering nothing by moving further away alot of time also

Torp looks better to me but will need more starts to say for sure

PVA

They were there for the taking, really frustrating that.

I think going with the same XI was a mistake, the lads that were away on internationals should have been rotated IMO.

Martin180

We need to start actually keeping clean sheets, defensively we’re not great at all. Kitching had one of those days and he is good, but is he a 4 and a half million pound Centre half

I’m not too despondent always going to hand bumps in the road, but defensively we have to improve.
Before you get too excited , take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread