Match Thread Coventry City - Cardiff City Match Thread - Monday 1st Apr (3 Viewers)

Alkhen

Annoying loss. But at least we didn't really lose any ground.

lifeskyblue

We don't get overrun in midfield, neither goal today was anything to do with getting overrun in midfield

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We gave up far too much space 18-30yd out especially in first half. Sheaf caught wrong side of their midfield on numerous occasions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Well, I thought Cardiff were good for the win. We were pretty poor today, they were well organised.

I don’t remember their keeper having to make a save in the 2nd half…other than the disallowed goal, which doesn’t count.

The one fucking game I hope we win each year.

shmmeee

Think we've blown our play off chances today.
A long way to go and we've had a couple of meltdown results in the last couple of run ins to the play offs, (Wigan and Yeovil), but with our run in I think we've left ourselves too much to do.

I mean we are where we were. I thought it was beyond reach this morning and I think the same now. But if you thought we had a chance this morning then we still do.

Brighton Sky Blue

A long way to go and we've had a couple of meltdown results in the last couple of run ins to the play offs, (Wigan and Yeovil), but with our run in I think we've left ourselves too much to do.
Not over till it’s over to be fair. Struggling to understand how we’ve lost twice to this Cardiff side to be honest

Liquid Gold

If we’re honest playoffs were always a massive stretch given the start we had. We did fantastically well to get to where we are but we’d have to be in autos form all 2024 to make them.

We still could but just missing out and getting an FA cup semi this year is no shame.

Alkhen

All the Barnsley lads are prone to a rush of blood to the head TBF
Not sure I'd really call either of today's own goals a rush of blood moment.

The first he just messed up the only option he had, was poor but more clumsy than stupid. The second just hit him and went in didn't it?

Offhegoes

Frustrating one is what it is

Pslmer was absolutely rubbish today why didn’t he bring o hare on

every pass just was slightly off one of those days
Palmer was poor after our goal but he was involved in that goal, and was playing some blinding balls behind their defence prior to that. Cardiff switched something after we scored and we were pretty crap from there on in. Tavares is a centre forward, don’t bring him on at right wing. Waste. Switch formation man.
Torp and O’Hare should have been at half time. Really could of done with Godden on the bench today

shmmeee

The first he just messed up the only option he had, was poor but more clumsy than stupid. The second just hit him and went in didn't it?

First was I think. Under no pressure and didn’t need to whack it. Second I agree just bad luck.

covcity4life

Disappointing result. We were bit unlucky considering the manner of two goals we conceded

But was sloppy performance. Palmer started great but after goal tried too many killer balls and then his game fell away

Sheaf was sloppy with his passing all game

Eccles improved second half but still torp looks better for me

Lati too defensive perhaps for games where we need to be the aggressors

Thomas and kithcing both shit with wayward bals today

Tavares can not play out wide!

Wright needs to get himself into games more

Least Simms scored. But would like to see him win more headers.

I mean even mentioning all the above I'm not too disappointed. Today was a missed opportunity but we are also still alive. On we go

Pusb

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Frustrating one is what it is

Pslmer was absolutely rubbish today why didn’t he bring o hare on

every pass just was slightly off one of those days

Josh Eccles gave the ball away just as much if not more, and Sheaf wasn’t far behind too - why are we singling Palmer out? He was our main threat for periods and at least he was trying the penetrating passes and creating things..

People trying to blame players or Robins, it was just a bad day at the office with two unfortunate mistakes (well not really even that for the second) and other than that we were arguably the better team.

Take it and move on, an opportunity we didn’t take but we haven’t lost ground and still in the mix

steve101

The first was poor decision making, trying to lift it over the bar from 5 yards rather hook it away. The second he glanced his head at. It didn't hit him. Second one unfortunate because it came to him at pace. The first one was calamitous.

SkyblueTexan

The losses to Norwich, WBA and Preston recently kind of made me feel we were not going to make the playoffs. Then with Norwich's loss today and our win on Friday, I was thinking maybe, just maybe we might have a chance. But this loss really feels like a blown opportunity again. It will be incredibly difficult to pick up points versus Leeds, Soton and Ipswich. In any event, we looked a little tired today and need a bigger squad to cope with the rigours of games coming thick and fast,

Users who are viewing this thread