Match Thread Coventry City - Cardiff City Match Thread - Monday 1st Apr (4 Viewers)

Jamesimus

We had total possession got crosses in offside goal and other chances. There was far more intensity

There was always going to be more intensity at that point. Everyone was pushed up and Cardiff had retreated back as they were 2-1 up.

We got lots of crosses in because that was the only thing we could do against two flat banks of 4.

I do think O Hare should have been on sooner though. 20 minutes is not a lot of time to affect the game.

Boicey

Is that based on today or the whole season ?
We often get overrun in midfield and very often are shaky at the back and have a mistake or several in us.
Need more quality in both areas.
Hopefully Torp will develop but recently he’s been a bit off the pace and not physical enough.

Covcraig@bury

We beat teams when we press and press , sat back for their first and shocking defending for the second. Midfield was poor today, Sheaf was not at his best and Palmer needs to shoot or pass when he has the opportunity. For me O’Hare should have come on at half time. We looked very leggy . But the last 10 minutes we started playing again. Just gaps everywhere

xcraigx

There was a lack of urgency until we went behind, but the final ball was mostly poor. Seemed like every cross was met by a Cardiff head, other than the offisde goal of course. We didn't look lethargic or tired, well certainly not in the last 20 minutes. Just very wasteful.

Otis

We often get overrun in midfield and very often are shaky at the back and have a mistake or several in us.
Hopefully Torp will develop but recently he’s been a bit off the pace and not physical enough.
Torp will be fine. He's not been here that long.

I'm sure next season he will be a key player for us

fernandopartridge

We don't get overrun in midfield, neither goal today was anything to do with getting overrun in midfield

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

This BTW is why five in a row is so rare. We looked over confident. They were happy with a draw. Different proposition to other games.

Nick

Administrator
We don't get overrun in midfield, neither goal today was anything to do with getting overrun in midfield

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
It looked like they had an extra player in there after we scored.

Tavares did more than O'Hare in fairness. He at least put decent crosses in

Otis

Can’t win them all. Still everything to play for etc.

our own worst enemies today though.
Yup. That's the way to look at it for sure.

Could do with Leeds beating Hull tonight. That would be very helpful and then Norwich play Ipswich next, so a very tough game for them.

pusbccfc

Fair play go Cardiff. Got the second and put 10 men behind the ball. We weren't going to get anything once that happened.

At least Leeds will come and dictate the game. We do better when the pressure is off.

long way home

Brutal loss and probably deserved a point but we just looked a bit scared. Got to pick ourselves up now and get some rest to go again. We will see plenty of turns yet, shame but just not our day.

Users who are viewing this thread