Match Thread Coventry City - Cardiff City Match Thread - Monday 1st Apr (3 Viewers)

mark82

Stating the obvious, but 3 points here would be huge.

stupot07

Pretty average performance to go with the poor performance at Huddersfield. These aren't as shite as Huddersfield so we need to up it second half. Great goal started and finished by Simms.

No one standing out, Eccles probably the pick but even he's been sloppy in places.

O'Hare for Palmer at half time please, and it Torp to come on for either Sheaf or Eccles after 10.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

procdoc

Pretty average performance to go with the poor performance at Huddersfield. These aren't as shite as Huddersfield so we need to up it second half. Great goal started and finished by Simms.

No one standing out, Eccles probably the pick but even he's been sloppy in places.

We weren’t poor at Huddersfield really

mark82

Wouldn’t really describe that as a shocking first half performance, but each to his own!

Think we’ve been slightly below par and looked vulnerable on the counter at times.
Since the OG been really poor. Before that was ok.

SeaSeeEffCee

Bidwell must have really pissed them off in training this week because everyone is refusing to pass to him.

Sheaf and Palmer are pissing me off their insistence on playing ‘glory balls’ which are working maybe 1 time out of 10.

SkyblueTexan

Winnable game. I think we just felt the game was in the bag after Simms' goal, but really needed to get the second. Unfortunately, it went to Cardiff. Bizarre own goal though. Not sure why he whacked it from such close range and expected it to go over the bar.

steve101

Really good start but so open when the ball is turned over, especially Bidwell's side. Eccles has done well covering. Kitching's og could make the top 10 most ridiculous own goals. Why try lift it over the bar when he could have hooked it clear?! Wright needs to get involved.
Hopefully the half time team talk will result in an improvement.

long way home

We look veru nery, we need a few to start being brave and play the game not what it means. Robins will be telling them to make that easy pass and keep it simple, we dont need the killer pass all the time the goal proved that. . Move it quicker and we have the chance to take the 3 pts. Not sure what Kitching seen or was doing but he could of done anything but what he did, young players make errors, he is going to make them.

Bowler is a nightmare and Grant seems to like it against us. I would be looking at COH and Torp to be on pretty quickly into 2nd half if this pattern stays same.

Last edited:

Grendel

Do we really need to make substitutions at halftime when we are drawing?

Pretty unusual thing to do isn't it?

Could understand it if we were 2 down.

Be surprised if anyone comes on until after half time to be honest.

Well they won’t but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t

SeaSeeEffCee

Be pissed off if we don’t win this. They’re a nothing side whose only tactic is to play for set pieces. They’ve got nothing to play for and they’re still time wasting at every opportunity ffs, shows how hardwired not playing football is into some of the shite in this league.

Seymour_East

Use Bidwell more, he can cross a ball and they look vulnerable on crosses. It looks like they have the through balls covered

covboy9

Sheaf and team passing poor , team a bit flat crowd a bit flat

Cardiff wide open and there for the taking but more effort and quality needed

stupot07

We weren’t poor at Huddersfield really
We had a good 30 mins, the rest of the game Huddersfield were the better team, hit the woodwork twice and had a higher xG than us. They are 4th bottom of the league and we're promotion hopefuls. The scoreline was brilliant, the performance less so.

stevefloyd

Van Ewijk not having much success getting past their full back Collins but obviously he managed to do it at least once when we scored , needs to try and get it in early

stupot07

Van Ewijk not having much success getting past their full back Collins but obviously he managed to do it at least once when we scored , needs to try and get it in early
He needs to vary it up a bit too, first time cross, touch cross occasionally. Collins knows that he wants to take him on every time

Users who are viewing this thread