Match Thread Coventry City at Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 25th Aug (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Trying to do too much sometimes and run it in with 1 extra pass.

Sky Blue Harry H

If nothing else, we seem to have found a much better shape. What I hope is that Gillingham don't tweak their formation and we don't deal with that. Hopefully it will be more of the same with a goal or two for us! Much better (although if we lose by a goal the usual suspects will come on and pretend we haven't put in an improved performance)

Nick

Administrator
If nothing else, we seem to have found a much better shape. What I hope is that Gillingham don't tweak their formation and we don't deal with that. Hopefully it will be more of the same with a goal or two for us! Much better (although if we lose by a goal the usual suspects will come on and pretend we haven't put in an improved performance)

No denying we have been so much better, need to get a goal early though else I have that feeling it might be a smash and grab 1-0 win for them when they don't deserve anything :(

Paxman II

We have dominated this game. We just need to finish it off! Gillingham are relying on hoof ball and the odd cross. bayliss has looked a class above, Thomas looks quick and exciting too. JCH doing well if slow to react. Doyle having a good game as too Andreu. Can't complain other than the lack of a goal.

Esoterica

Promising first half. Could have scored 3, could have conceded a couple too. It's reminded me very much of the L2 games last year against direct opposition. Midfield 4 have been good. Doyle's hoovered up the knock downs from their long balls and Shipley and Thomas have got between the lines and beyond JCH at times. Bayliss has been a bit scattergun with his passing but he has plenty of space to run into so hasn't looked out of place in the middle. Gillingham's full backs look suspect - think Thomas and Shipley will have a lot of influence on how the 2nd half goes.

Nick

Administrator
Promising first half. Could have scored 3, could have conceded a couple too. It's reminded me very much of the L2 games last year against direct opposition. Midfield 4 have been good. Doyle's hoovered up the knock downs from their long balls and Shipley and Thomas have got between the lines and beyond JCH at times. Bayliss has been a bit scattergun with his passing but he has plenty of space to run into so hasn't looked out of place in the middle. Gillingham's full backs look suspect - think Thomas and Shipley will have a lot of influence on how the 2nd half goes.

Might be begging for Allisanni on about 70 minutes too.

lifeskyblue

Sounds much better than Tuesday night. Just hope we can go on and win this. If not a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
Doing ok without sterling or ogogo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Sounds like there’s a danger we’ll rue those missed chance but I should think our bench could do some damage when coming in against tired defenders.

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like there’s a danger we’ll rue those missed chance but I should think our bench could do some damage when coming in against tired defenders.

Hiwulla and Allisanni would cause them a few issues. Will just have to see how it goes in the first 20 minutes.

GaryJones

1D473408-8F5C-4977-B66B-E4FE742BE80E.jpeg Half time now pissing it down - uncovered away stand but Gillingham giving away free ponchos!
Nice touch - living the dream!

Nick

Administrator
Get in, straight from kickoff and a great cross from Mason as well!

Mason has had a great game.

JCH has deserved that.

GaryJones

Almost missed that wiping the rain off me poncho!

Users who are viewing this thread