Coventry City agree to extend Joe Cole's loan (1 Viewer)

As a 34 year old, can he get fitter? Most 34 year olds are bit part players, so not sure why we are expecting him to get much fitter than 60minutes football per week.

covmark

Tend to agree mate, bit of a strange one for me. I believe in what TM decides though, so hopefully Cole will play some part in keeping us in the hunt.

ajsccfc

Fitness isn't a problem that comes with age, it's more wear and tear. You can absolutely get fitter at 34, but the age tends to come with more of a risk of injury too.

Seamus1

I remember the excitement his loan signing created amongst the younger players, as well as all the fans. I can only imagine that having somebody of his standing is a significant morale boost at Ryton. Have we lost a League game (irrespective of whether he played or not) since he arrived here?

Chipfat

I have a feeling they are keeping Cole around to stay on as a player coach in the near future, if that is the case these kids we have would learn so much off someone they know and respect. It could be a very good bit of business, young players from top clubs would come to work with him, he has a great name in the game and comes across as a man who just loves to play and be involved everyday.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

As a 34 year old, can he get fitter? Most 34 year olds are bit part players, so not sure why we are expecting him to get much fitter than 60minutes football per week.

Ricketts is 34, has he missed any game time this season?

shmmeee

Oi! 34 isn't old! I'll have you know you can be very fit at 34, no different to 21 in fact. Let me tell you.

Now, that was a long post, off for a lie down.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Let see what TM can do with his fitness, he said hes going to put him through his paces for next 2 weeks, i know weve a good depth squad always handy have a player like cole coming up to xmas schedule aswell were gonna need every body if we wanna come out start of jan still near the top of the league that includes cole.

idm1975

Its a no brainer for me, the longer we have him the better it will be for us. At the mo it must be great for our players to have him at the training ground and when he's ready I just know he's gonna be fab. Am still excited by Joe being here.

chinamans view

I have not been impressed with this signing and expected him to go back to villa , but if Tm wants him and has resigned him , then we must trust his judgement, he wants to give him every chance to come good for the club.

Happy_Martian

I agree that it has to be due to his impact and involvement with the rest of the team. Player/coach may well be a long term option. For his age and desire to continue in football, and with a mentor of TM's ability, we certainly are in an ideal place to help him get his coaching badges. I can't wait to hear Adrian Durham's opinion on this :whistle:

covcity4life

but but but TM doesnt want him, its waggots signing, waggot must have extended the deal even though he no longer works for us!

eastwoodsdustman

I have a feeling they are keeping Cole around to stay on as a player coach in the near future, if that is the case these kids we have would learn so much off someone they know and respect. It could be a very good bit of business, young players from top clubs would come to work with him, he has a great name in the game and comes across as a man who just loves to play and be involved everyday.

Having watched him in all of the games he's played, I think its more about what he offers when he's not on the ball. Always giving others around him advice on where they should be and what they should be doing. Pretty important to have someone like him helping some of the youngsters I reckon.
Personally I think its great to have a player of his stature and standing wanting to play and give a bit back to the game itself.

chinamans view

Just for the record (covcity4life) I have never said that ,although I know somebody on here has. (not saying you meant me) just in case others thought that
but but but TM doesnt want him, its waggots signing, waggot must have extended the deal even though he no longer works for us!

ready_96

Joe Coles still got a couple of season left in him. Many teams will be watching this period closely and may have bids lined up for him in January if he starts to string a few performances together...

mechaishida

Since I ruined the last Joe Cole thread, and incited everyone into muchos :slap: I'll play the diplomatic card and wish him well. *Goes purple holding cynicism in*

Users who are viewing this thread