Coventry away support (1 Viewer)

cov bhoy

Every time we bring a large amount of supporters to an away venue we are all over the place and fucking dis organised. No one sings together, the home support always say online how shit are fans were and its tragic. Has covs away support always been shite?

oakey

In the last 40 years, yes. Mainly because most are pissed up, angry and disgruntled.
Atmosphere is like a bad night in the roughest pub you ever saw. Many would happily abuse and pick fights with other City fans.

ggrady

I think the fact everytime we lose away 'fans' that don't normally travel put there v's up and shout abusive stuff at players. We have genuinely great supporters, but a minority are arseholes that ruin it for everyone

WillenhallSkyBlues

It's because whenever the club announces away tickets are selling everyone jumps on the bandwagon cause they think it's going to be a good day out, I know people who go every single away game ( and if you go week in week out you usually know you don't have to rush for a ticket you can pick one up closer to the day, saves the rush and messing around with leaving work early) couldn't get tickets for bristol or Yeovil cause of it selling out early, and both games were just full of mongs who only go for the day out and make out like its a crime when your singing next to them

cov bhoy

Think the biggest problem is that our songbook if pretty fucking boring, one chorus of PUSB and then no one can be arsed with the other sngs we have. needs to be shaken up

brinner

we seem to create a great atmosphere when theres less than 1000 of us at away games.

when the day trippers come out for their once or twice a season day out the atomsphere dissapears, been like it for years bar the odd exeption.....usually in cups ie man u, balckburn.

kg82

I think it's pathetic when people start criticising others for gong to 1-2 away games a year, bracketing fans differently as if those who do that have no right to be there, no right to support their team! Bandwagon crap is absolute bullshit, as if it's gloryhunting to watch Cov!!

brinner

I think it's pathetic when people start criticising others for gong to 1-2 away games a year, bracketing fans differently as if those who do that have no right to be there, no right to support their team! Bandwagon crap is absolute bullshit, as if it's gloryhunting to watch Cov!!
am not criticising, just stating facts.

i love it when we fill an away end, would love us to do it every game but just seems flat most of the time like saturday.

cyril

The most disappointing I've ever been with our away support was the quarter final vs Sheff utd. Abysmal

bulkoskyblue

these 'bandwagon' and 'glory supporters' arent new fans, but fans that have been so pissed off with watching shite over the years that they now pick and chose there away games. it doesnt make them any less of a fan in my eyes. the atmosphere being shit away at yeovil was probably down to the reality check many people will have had when we got there. less than 10 years ago we were playing man utd arsenal etc now its yeovil, it will take some getting used to.

ccfcdan

these 'bandwagon' and 'glory supporters' arent new fans, but fans that have been so pissed off with watching shite over the years that they now pick and chose there away games. it doesnt make them any less of a fan in my eyes. the atmosphere being shit away at yeovil was probably down to the reality check many people will have had when we got there. less than 10 years ago we were playing man utd arsenal etc now its yeovil, it will take some getting used to.

And this is the problem. 10 years ago!!!
People need to move on now, we are not Coventry City of the premier league. We Coventry city of the third division, and we are where we are because we deserve to be. We have been awful for the last 10 or so years and this is the result. Its time to get used to playing Yeovil and Stevenage. For one season at least.

coundonskyblue

So we take over 2k fans to an away game in league 1 (the biggest away attendance of the weekend) and people moan.

Tonight there will be a small home attendance (probably about 12k) & people will moan.

Sometimes I don't understand you lot! Supporting city isn't like being a member of some elite society club. We are all entitled to go to as many or as little games as we want, and I for one welcome a large turnout. Yes its annoying when the chavs seem to take along & embarrass us, but its better than empty seats.

Macca

So we take over 2k fans to an away game in league 1 (the biggest away attendance of the weekend) and people moan.

Tonight there will be a small home attendance (probably about 12k) & people will moan.

Sometimes I don't understand you lot! Supporting city isn't like being a member of some elite society club. We are all entitled to go to as many or as little games as we want, and I for one welcome a large turnout. Yes its annoying when the chavs seem to take along & embarrass us, but its better than empty seats.

Thank god for a sensible post. If anything the turn out on Saturday shows how great our fans are. Just because they don't have a gimpy song sheet doesnt mean they are not to be applauded for their effort and expense

Devon Sky Blue

Had a great time on saturday even though our players made every effort to spoil it....thats why the support goes quiet , the football is shit.

It's accepted now as the worst part of the day...the before and after is the enjoyable bit

ThisManHere

I pick and chose my games...home and away. I've seen my fair share of City games and consider myself as much of a fan as a season ticket holder/member or what have you. Why shouldn't I? I hardly missed any games from circa 2001-2010 I'd say that was pretty committed and loyal myself.

Now I pick and chose and save myself for the big ones for a number of reasons A) family comes first B) Cost involved C) I live about 80 miles away from Coventry so home games are like aways games to me therefore add another £50 or so on top for travel costs.

If some arrogant, eighteen year old, season ticket holder for the first time want's to force his brain damaged opinion on me when I've seen us at places such as Grimsby, Rochdale etc ten years ago then he can fuck off.

lbskyblues

I have to agree that our hardcore away support is alot better than when we take 1800 2000 to places as too many do not know the songs and simply choose a game and think we have a god given right that we will win as we was once premier league.
I respect the bills come first and not everyone can go every week but more noise with 500 at blackpool on a minus 4 tuesday night should not happen compared to 2000 at forest bristol yeovil.
I do not think anyone is less of a fan i just prefer when everyone makes as much noise as possible as i swear the players react to it.
Anyhow football is an entertainment business.. if you are not been entertained you wont go.. unless your like me and must be mentally insane and like the punishment haha.

Astute

Well remember Grimsby away. Was very cold. I was the one jumping around in the Grimsby end when we scored :D Coldest ground in England I know as the wind comes off the North Sea and straight onto the away end.

thechase

It's because whenever the club announces away tickets are selling everyone jumps on the bandwagon cause they think it's going to be a good day out, I know people who go every single away game ( and if you go week in week out you usually know you don't have to rush for a ticket you can pick one up closer to the day, saves the rush and messing around with leaving work early) couldn't get tickets for bristol or Yeovil cause of it selling out early, and both games were just full of mongs who only go for the day out and make out like its a crime when your singing next to them

Well i struggle to see how your friend(s) struggled to get tickets for Bristol. I was at the game and the away end was empty to half full at best. I didnt find any of the fans to be 'mongs' as you put it. You are either misinformed or just unfairly making assumptions.

Harry Krishner

The highlight for me would have to be 1987 FA Cup run- Man Utd away (5000), Stoke away (8000) and then Wednesday away in the quarter final (17000). All had big and very noisy away support.

By the Leeds semi (27000), the bandwaggoners were on board, but it was still good.

Generally it's best when the hard core are there (about 1000 or less) with a gutsy, backs-to-the-wall performance on the pitch.

Nonleagueherewecome

Isn't it similar at home? Many say otherwise but I thought the Chelsea game's atmosphere was terrible considering the size of the crowd. We were incredibly quiet, particularly from the point after they scored.

rickyCCFC

The best away atmospheres last season were Leeds Cardiff and Blackpool away. All night games where we took 500 or less. It's because its people who come to practically every game not people who are going to their one game a seasom

chiefdave

Away games are usually a really good atmosphere, way better than the toxic atmosphere at the Ricoh where everyone just wants to moan.

Not sure what happened on Saturday though. Up until they equalised everyone was singing away and having a great time but there was a large chunk of the support that seemed to take the Yeovil equaliser as a sign to start moaning about every little thing. The response at the final whistle was disgusting, how so called fans can aim that level of abuse at their own players after one game is beyond me, it's not like we even lost!

Guy by me was giving Elliott and Jennings loads of stick before they'd even kicked a ball as 'I've heard they're shit'. Cody was getting all sorts of abuse but I thought he had a fairly good game, fair enough couple of chances that he could have done better with but a decent goal and was getting himself into good positions, we all know how large a part confidence plays for strikers. How is constantly having a go likely to boost his confidence, at best he'll be able to ignore it but at worst it will affect him and we'll have another striker that doesn't want to shoot for fear of missing.

People need to realise how tough it's going to be this season and lose the attitude that we're a bigger club than everyone else and should be winning every game. Here's a radical idea, how about actually getting behind the team and encouraging them?!

WillieStanley

Pro-Thorn vs Anti-Thorn, Sisu or someone better vs Sisu Out at all costs, ST holders vs Non ST holders...
And now Home vs Away.

Can't we just grow up and support the team in whatever way our preferences/commitments/finances/circumstances/culture allow? Its getting really tiresome.

Users who are viewing this thread