Cov Rugby 2023 - 2024 (2 Viewers)

oldfiver

oldfiver

Sarries 9th September with no City game

Kneeza

There'll be a lot more of the floating London 'support' turn up there if they ever get promoted.
Mind you, the fact they've been turned down on planning for their new temporary stands might not exactly help their progress.

Otis

The pitch was marked out for American football wasn't it?

I went past on the Nuneaton train the other day

Covkid1968#

What a result…. Well done Cov 💙🤍

Kneeza

There's a game there next week too. A final.

I know that because one of the teams is from down my way. East Kent Mavericks, based in Canterbury.
Didn't know that. Guess I might have spotted the lorryloads of body armour (armor) and crash helmets going in eventually. That's always a giveaway.
You can hardly see the pitch these days for the amount of lines on it. Surprised the Ah Eff You haven't come up with a rule making it illegal tbh.

Gint11

What’s going on? Beating Saracen’s and drawing at the Quins? Are these depleted because of the World Cup and/or are we a serious side this year?

Kneeza

What’s going on? Beating Saracen’s and drawing at the Quins? Are these depleted because of the World Cup and/or are we a serious side this year?
A good number of Prem appearances among both Sarries and Quins' sides, but not very close to full strength. However, it's a measure that many Quins fans were predicting they'd clatter Cov, but really struggled until the last quarter.
Cov are a decent side right now (missing possibly their most experienced playmaker yesterday which obviously didn't help). I'd say they are in with a good shout of top two this time - but Ealing should, finally, win it and make the step up. If they don't I really can't see their head coach surviving given the resources given to him. Frankly I don't understand why he's still there after last season.

Kneeza

Cov remain unbeaten this season with a solid bonus point win at Hartpury - a ground they often seem to struggle at.
Finishing at a 19-35 scoreline, with five tries, they'll be disappointed not to have turned pressure into points with at least three tries going begging (adjudged forward, knocked-on).
Second in their group behind Gloucester, but unlikely now to progress to the semis unless they perform miracles at Castle Grim in the final round.

SkyBlueSoul

Planning on going to the Nottingham game next week as I'm down in Cov anyway seeing friends.

SkyBlueSoul

Very frustrating game on Saturday, shouldn't be drawing from the position we were in. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but we had a chance to go for the posts with about 5 minutes left for a 10 point lead but went for the corner. Also missed a tricky penalty out wide that would have been the end of the game.

On a positive note Opoku was exciting on the wing, good debut on the whole.

Users who are viewing this thread