Cov Mad Article (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Coventry City defender Kevin Malaga is on trial with an un-named French club.The defender was signed by Andy Thorn but when Mark Robins took over, he was quickly disgarded. A short loan to Nuneaton followed before Malaga returned to City U21's.
prepostccfc1213~~element21.jpg

With Robins having left for Huddersfield, Malaga was approached by Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott, who had both approved Malaga's move from Nice with the offer of paying off a fraction of his three year contract.
Sensibly, the Frenchman rejected the deal but was placed in the "Bomb Squad", an idea brought in by Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott for players who would not accept their paultry offer to leave before this latest trial came up.

Link : http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/french_trial_for_malaga_803830/index.shtml?

Is it me or for a journalist's article it is a bit anti SISU? Especially as Malaga was bombed by Mark Robins...

ajsccfc

I don't like the site, but in its defence I don't think they present it as anything other than news as written by fans.

Sky Blue Kid

I think they were pointing out that SISU were trying to screw someone, which is their main objective in life!

shmmeee

Is it me or for a journalist's article it is a bit anti SISU? Especially as Malaga was bombed by Mark Robins...

You seem to be under the impression that being a journalist conveys some kind of seal of quality or training.

It's just someone who writes about news. That article is no less bias than anything you'd read in the Sun or Mail.

stupot07

It does fail to mention the fact that Robins immediately transfer listed on his arrival at the club. And that shaw, robins, carsley and Pressley all failed to pick him.

shmmeee

It does fail to mention the fact that Robins immediately transfer listed on his arrival at the club. And that shaw, robins, carsley and Pressley all failed to pick him.

Not specifically transfer listed but
The defender was signed by Andy Thorn but when Mark Robins took over, he was quickly disgarded

Side note: I too think Kev Monks is a terrible reporter, however good a fan he is.

Danceswithhorses

I'm genuinely not having a go Nick, but you don't exactly sit on the fence yourself.
We all have our views, and that influences what we write.
You are both journalists/forum owners, with differing points of view, and are using them to put across your views..and that's fine

Nick

Administrator
There is a difference between a forum owner and a journalist though...I just made and setup a forum and have an opinion like everybody else, I don't class myself as a journalist it is just a website I installed / setup.

I'm not contracted to go to games etc because of it.

Grappa

I'm genuinely not having a go Nick, but you don't exactly sit on the fence yourself.
We all have our views, and that influences what we write.
You are both journalists/forum owners, with differing points of view, and are using them to put across your views..and that's fine

To be fair, as far as I can see, Nick's approach is 'if you want to go to games, go. If you don't, don't' which is pretty much a dictionary definition of sitting on the fence.

CJ_covblaze

He's a top bloke a has the club at heart. As someone above has said he's a fan just reporting on what comes out. Struggle to find many people as dedicated as he is. Especially considering the barriers his health has thrown in front of him down the years.

L

longjohnskyblue

Journalists are perfectly entitled to be biased, except for the bbc which has a charter to be impartial. Which is why Linnell shouldn't be hired by the bbc! Of course a commercial concern can do what they like, but thing is linnell is so poor it would be commercial suicide for any station that relies on listeners to hire him!

fernandopartridge

Journalists are perfectly entitled to be biased, except for the bbc which has a charter to be impartial. Which is why Linnell shouldn't be hired by the bbc! Of course a commercial concern can do what they like, but thing is linnell is so poor it would be commercial suicide for any station that relies on listeners to hire him!

Don't listen if you don't like him. How boring would the phone in be if it was a 'moan about SISU hour' with one way traffic only?

Sky Blue Kid

Fernando......Don't listen if you don't like him. How boring would the phone in be if it was a 'moan about SISU hour' with one way traffic only? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I wonder why that would be? Could it be that SISU asked for it?

CJ_covblaze

It's probably a glitch from Footy Mad

theferret

We get it. You don't like NOPM.

Jesus. Not surprising the troll count on here when the lead admin has views like that.

Out of interest, how many posts have you made today in favour of NOPM? I'd say a fair few. Why do people on the other side of the argument have to ration the number of times they use it?

Grendel

We get it. You don't like NOPM.

Jesus. Not surprising the troll count on here when the lead admin has views like that.

So anyone disagreeing with you is a troll?

So when you were so far up SISU's arse you'd need night vision goggles to see then anyone opposed to SISU was a troll?

Why don't you come up with another historical analysis metaphor and give me a laugh? You almost make Ginetta look credible.

Paxman II

Nick runs a great forum for us all. Period.

Now if Nick comes on here with his thoughts and opinions then that's exactly what they are, just like you and me. There is no equating it to an opinion of this forum. He does not do editorial. The opinions on here are from all of us as fans who love our football club whether we agree or not.

Users who are viewing this thread