Courtney baker Richardson (1 Viewer)

Adge

There was quite a gap between him being released by us at the end of his scholarship and him getting the Swansea contract. Spent a few years playing local non-league I think. Even at those levels I think he was a 1 in 3 striker at best.
Yep, Redditch Utd and a couple of others and went from Leamington to Swansea.

Grendel

Yep, Redditch Utd and a couple of others and went from Leamington to Swansea.

Ive never heard of him. He’s never played for the club has he?

shepardo01

Ive never heard of him. He’s never played for the club has he?
Came through the youth system at the club Grendel. Fairly sure (without looking it up) that he did not make a 1st team appearance although may have appeared in a/some cup squads. Think he may have had a short professional contract here before being released and doing the non league rounds... signed for Swansea from leamington.

no_loyalty

Came through the youth system at the club Grendel. Fairly sure (without looking it up) that he did not make a 1st team appearance although may have appeared in a/some cup squads. Think he may have had a short professional contract here before being released and doing the non league rounds... signed for Swansea from leamington.

You are correct, he never made a first team appearance.

Magwitch

Don’t understand all these threads on a player who will be lucky to play for Coventry United next season.

Hobo

Back in 1972 Billy Rafferty left after 3 goals in 27 games. Went on to bang a few in for Plymouth, Carlisle, Portsmouth and Bournemouth in lower leagues. But I don't remember fans campaigning for him to be re-signed.
Can we stop this obsesssion with signing players who didn't make the mark first time round.

Magwitch

Remember Billy Rafferty came through our youth system with the likes of Dennis Mortimer went to Blackpool as part of the Tommy Hutchison deal, as you said had a decent career in the lower leagues but never good enough for top level.

fatso

Is he better than Ponticelli? If so, he might be worth a 3 month contract to have a butchers at him.

Users who are viewing this thread