Court Match Thread (3 Viewers)

James Smith

Am always amazed how easily hedge-fund manager Ranson escapes criticism in some quarters.

Don't forget Onye Igwe if we're looking at culprits from the Sisu early years.

Astute

It's Friday, so it's time for an appeal to the court decision of 7 days ago.

In unrelated news I see that Joy's friend Jon Huntsman has been made the US ambassador to Russia.
I hope he takes Joy to Russia with him. Have heard Siberia is a good place to visit.

Irish Sky Blue

What I don't understand is you are only able to have an interest in one football club in the same country. Yet we don't know who has an interest in our club. So there is the chance that someone who has an interest in our club could have an interest in another club. Yet the FL does nothing.

Maybe we are owned by Leicester and Villa supporters! It might explain why we are where we are.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

We weren't in great financial shape and something had to be done. I've said before that the first thing they should have done (before pissing anyone off) was reunited the club with the share of ACL. The Higgs would have likely sold us the share for the option price (or whatever it was called) without thinking twice. We could have then stopped the council from doing anything with their share that we didn't like (selling to Wasps etc.) We could have looked at the books of ACL from the inside and seen whether we were being ripped off or not. Given how much Sisu have spent just on lawyers it's amazing to think what they could have spent the money on and what we think they should have spent it on. I realise that the team were probably the last thing on their list recently if we even made the list but still better than lawyers and court cases.

It is incredible isn't it, going to be £3M from JR1 & JR2 with CCC also having to make up a £0.5m shortfall between awarded costs and actual expenses.

skybluetony176

So. Is no news good news or will it be next week before we find out if SISU have realised that they don't batter people in court or not?

shmmeee

Am always amazed how easily hedge-fund manager Ranson escapes criticism in some quarters.

What saves Ranson a bit is he was a football bloke with a clear plan for the playing side of the club. That's what we've missed since with our chairmen. You just don't get the feeling they even like football let alone know about it.

Similar thing with Richardson. Gets slack for giving us the product on the pitch despite the mess off it.

When you cut through all the noise, all anyone really wants is a product on the pitch and a bit of hope. Give them that and you can bankrupt the club or fund it purely from profits from dog fights if you want.

NorthernWisdom

What saves Ranson a bit is he was a football bloke with a clear plan for the playing side of the club. That's what we've missed since with our chairmen. You just don't get the feeling they even like football let alone know about it.

Similar thing with Richardson. Gets slack for giving us the product on the pitch despite the mess off it.

When you cut through all the noise, all anyone really wants is a product on the pitch and a bit of hope. Give them that and you can bankrupt the club or fund it purely from profits from dog fights if you want.
Hmm, but being a 'football man' makes it worse in my eyes, really. The football decisions failed, dismally, and his eagerness to get involved with a club, any club, and his business activities, points to somebody who wants to make money out of football rather than seeing the club build.

At least with SISU there's none of this 'football man' bollocks, and you know from the start they're in it for the cash!

(and yeah, I do get that you're not excusing him yourself ;))

Astute

Hmm, but being a 'football man' makes it worse in my eyes, really. The football decisions failed, dismally, and his eagerness to get involved with a club, any club, and his business activities, points to somebody who wants to make money out of football rather than seeing the club build.

At least with SISU there's none of this 'football man' bollocks, and you know from the start they're in it for the cash!

(and yeah, I do get that you're not excusing him yourself ;))
I don't want to hang him. I also don't feel sorry for him.

We don't know who made the decisions. They were certainly not all down to him. But we don't know which ones were.

He came, he failed, he left. Most of what happened in the middle is a guess.

oucho

I reckon they will but God knows when we'll find out, let alone when we'll hear about whether they'll be allowed to appeal, let alone when such appeal would be heard, let alobe when any appeal verdict would be delivered....you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread