County losing... (1 Viewer)

Otis

What’s the set up as in who plays first tie at home?in play offs? 4th vs 7th 5th vs 6th.place

Surely it’s an advantage to play home tie 2nd? Or is it bets to play home tie first? Not sure what I’d prefer. Arguments for both sides.
No idea. Never something I have ever considered.

Never been of any interest for a City fan. ;)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What’s the set up as in who plays first tie at home?in play offs? 4th vs 7th 5th vs 6th.place

Surely it’s an advantage to play home tie 2nd? Or is it bets to play home tie first? Not sure what I’d prefer. Arguments for both sides.

After the JPT 1st leg at Home to Crewe nightmare I’ll take the away leg first this time please!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I do like the rugby league style play off where you pick who you want.

I.e in L2 4th place choose from the other 3 sides, as so often you see the side in the last play off place being the most in form side in the playoffs.

wingy

I do like the rugby league style play off where you pick who you want.

I.e in L2 4th place choose from the other 3 sides, as so often you see the side in the last play off place being the most in form side in the playoffs.
Reckon most in form would be us should we finish there.

Sky Blue Harry H

Definitely 7th v 4th (so higher placed team has home advantage for 2nd game), similarly 6th v 5th

Londonccfcfan

Definitely 7th v 4th (so higher placed team has home advantage for 2nd game), similarly 6th v 5th

We would surely make the away game feel like a home game.

What a let down Exeter will be of we get them in play offs allowing only 350 tickets.

If that’s the case and we play them we should only give them 350 at Ricoh. That’s only fair imho. All hypothetical of course.

Garryb80

What a let down Exeter will be of we get them in play offs allowing only 350 tickets.

If that’s the case and we play them we should only give them 350 at Ricoh. That’s only fair imho. All hypothetical of course.
Have to give a set percentage of the capacity. Exeter cant give any more for safety reasons.

tigersb

I have to keep calming myself down by remembering that we need to win 2 more than Wycombe while still overtaking Exeter and Notts County. Still a hell of a lot to do, we've just had a very good weekend.
Only need to win one more than Wycombe then it would be down to goal difference

The CableGuy

I think its great that we're actually talking about our chances of automatic promotion at this stage of the season. By now, in previous seasons, the wheels have fallen off and were afraid of being sucked into a relegation dogfight.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think its great that we're actually talking about our chances of automatic promotion at this stage of the season. By now, in previous seasons, the wheels have fallen off and were afraid of being sucked into a relegation dogfight.

Reflects how garbage the league is, all about exploiting mistakes than creating your own opportunities.

covcity4life

We need 6pts from Easter eeekrnd ideally and ee may be 3rd by tuesday!! Dont tell me its absurd thay wucombe lose a few

Would take 4pts as long as close gap on 3rd place tho

Do our bit and rest will work itself out

Bring on Newport!

pusbccfc

Or play it at a neutral venue. Bristol City.

skyblue025

Heart says 3rd head says play offs. It's the hope that kills you. We have done well in the big games this season (and last) so playoffs wouldn't be the end of the world.

Otis

Heart says 3rd head says play offs. It's the hope that kills you. We have done well in the big games this season (and last) so playoffs wouldn't be the end of the world.
Except for at home to Accrington. We were well beaten there.

SkyBlueCRJ

The crucial thing for Robins to do is to take it one game at a time. Once players/managers start looking at league tables and who could win/lose what then there is a worry that they could wobble under the pressure. Robins has a tight knit group now who seem to have steadied the slide and actually look an exciting team for once. Goals and assists are coming thick and fast from all over the pitch. It'll be a tight run in through to the end of the season and 3rd could very well be decided by goal difference, fingers crossed it's us in that spot when the smoke clears though!

Otis

The crucial thing for Robins to do is to take it one game at a time. Once players/managers start looking at league tables and who could win/lose what then there is a worry that they could wobble under the pressure. Robins has a tight knit group now who seem to have steadied the slide and actually look an exciting team for once. Goals and assists are coming thick and fast from all over the pitch. It'll be a tight run in through to the end of the season and 3rd could very well be decided by goal difference, fingers crossed it's us in that spot when the smoke clears though!
He has already said he doesn't look at the league table.

We should only be looking at the Newport game and I'm sure that is what is happening.

Crucial game for us and a chance to gain points on our rivals.

Last edited:

covcity4life

We should only be looking at the Newport game and I'm sure that is what is happening.

Crucial game for us and a chance to gain points.

yup. beat newport then no focus but yeovil

4 or 6 pts and we are still in hunt for 3rd

if luton and accrington lose to our playoff rivals we are actually in hunt for winning the league title too......

SkyBlueCRJ

Crucial game for us and a chance to gain points.

Robins might not be but he needs to get that mindset into the players. Our squad as a whole is still relatively young so the likes of Robins, Doyle and Baker need to play a daily role in making sure they don't run before they can walk as it's easily done at this point in the season. Maybe this was one of the reasons Baker was brought in as it never hurts to have a stable head around the dressing room.

tigersb

yup. beat newport then no focus but yeovil

4 or 6 pts and we are still in hunt for 3rd

if luton and accrington lose to our playoff rivals we are actually in hunt for winning the league title too......
With odds of 100/1 to win title
Fill yer boots mate

Otis

With odds of 100/1 to win title
Fill yer boots mate
And then spend the rest of the day conjuring up excuses in readiness for the end of the season when the missus asks 'where the hell did that £50 holiday savings go to?'

Nick

Administrator
And then spend the rest of the day conjuring up excuses in readiness for the end of the season when the missus asks 'where the hell did that £50 holiday savings go to?'

Where on earth are you going on holiday with £50 spending money?

Otis

Where on earth are you going on holiday with £50 spending money?
Do you not understand savings?

You save money and then save some more and add to it until you've got enough don't you?

Why would you think the £50 was the total amount and that the saving regime had then stopped?

It had stopped, mind and it was Newport, but still.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed. Too many of us (including myself working out who plays who) doing the ol' 'football fan mathematics' - trying to work out which teams will get which results. We've got a good chance of finishing 3rd. If results go our way, we could be fourth/joint 4th and 4pts off 3rd or 5th, and 3pts off 3rd with a game in hand on Wycombe and Notts Country to play on the 7th.

The squad have to take it game by game, because we still need to win to chase the autos, but also to consolidate our position in the playoffs.

Form favours us an Exeter for 3rd at the minute - but we're enjoying our best spell straight after our worst spell in the season. A lot could change.

Users who are viewing this thread