Councillors (1 Viewer)

Orca

Has anyone on here written to their Councillors about the whole academy situation? As I stated on the Petition thread, I wasn't sure if it had any value given there was no party it was directed at.

I wrote to my Cllrs yesterday as an alternative, text below. Has anyone tried anything similar and what response did you get?

"Cllrs,

I understand you were all present at the meeting held on the 7th October 2014 where the sale of the ACL to Wasps Holdings was agreed. The minutes are here: http://democraticservices.coventry.gov.uk/documents/s20568/Minutes - 07-10-14.pdf

In the minutes of this meeting, the Councillors who attended discussed the intentions of Wasps (point 81). In the last bullet point of this section; “The intention of Wasps to develop the Ricoh Arena as a conference centre plus a training facility in the future would benefit the City.” was discussed. Can you please advise what provisions have been made to hold Wasps to this point? It would appear at the moment that Wasps are not planning on the further regeneration of the Arena site. Instead, they are spending money to build a temporary facility in Brandon (covered by Rugby Council) and then further money to develop the Alan Higgs Centre on Allard Way.

As a citizen of Coventry, I have some concerns:

1. What provision was made to ensure Wasps continue with the redevelopment of the Arena site? Given the aims for regeneration of this area, I would hope this remains a priority for the Council.

2. The proposed plans of Wasps to redevelop the Higgs site will have a detrimental effect on the ability for CCFC to have an Academy within the City. Can you advise on what action you can take to protect CCFC’s Academy given the points raised in the above meeting included “The security and future of Coventry City Football Club” as one of the tests that needed to be satisfied for the deal to be approved.

Sincerely,"

Users who are viewing this thread