Council meeting for Mark and I (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Coventry

If all parties want CCFC to play in Coventry then what's the hold up?
The 6 million dollar question. Everything you’ve read in public statements and the issues as they’ve been outlined on here.

with my three year old head it’s just about talking till you agree

with my 48 year old head it requires people to move from their hurt and legitimate grievances and reach out and believe things can be different

Philosorapter

The 6 million dollar question. Everything you’ve read in public statements and the issues as they’ve been outlined on here.

with my 48 year old head it requires people to move from their hurt and legitimate grievances and reach out and believe things can be different

Coventry: City of Culture. My ass...

I cant see how CCC can run this business event with a straight face. It's a complete joke.

Philosorapter

It would be disastrous for the city if the club wasn’t playing in coventry

And this is where the cookie crumbles.

What really would be devastating is for people to start publicly removing their support for this business event because of current events.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete or Mark: have you ever asked either Wasps or Sisu why negotiations started up again if nothing had changed? Always confused me that.
It’s a really good question. Genuinely negotiations in good faith but like yesterday’s conversations the same challenges were there as In the previous year.

hence why we were discussing what we were talking about last night

stupot07

Wasps bought the lease for 18.4m in the original deal as part of the share price then extended for 1m. Sisu are saying the value to ccc with no anchor tenant immediately before sale was 28m more than that at 47m.

Wasps then got it valued at 48m in May 2015 with wasps rugby as the anchor tenant.
I think its really important to separate the loan from the purchase of ACL. They are 2 separated and distinct things. I appreciate this may not be the case in clever accounting rules, but it is the facts that sisu are challenging CCC through EU complaint. The loan was am existing liability of ACLs. In order to buy the shares they paid £5.5m to the existing share holders, and then 1m 5o ccc to extend the lease.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Wasps bought the lease for 18.4m in the original deal as part of the share price then extended for 1m. Sisu are saying the value to ccc with no anchor tenant immediately before sale was 28m more than that at 47m.

Wasps then got it valued at 48m in May 2015 with wasps rugby as the anchor tenant.
Did they really pay that for it? I think you know they didn't.....

tisza

They were supposedly so close to an acceptable commercial deal for both sides last year.
Having spoken to both sides did it really collapse over just this single issue of an "indemnity"? One side says there was one, the other not , so is one side not being honest?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think its really important to separate the loan from the purchase of ACL. They are 2 separated and distinct things. I appreciate this may not be the case in clever accounting rules, but it is the facts that sisu are challenging CCC through EU complaint. The loan was am existing liability of ACLs. In order to buy the shares they paid £5.5m to the existing share holders, and then 1m 5o ccc to extend the lease.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Except the loan forms an integral part of the share valuation at the sale date so it cannot be ignored if sisu are challenging the sale value of the ccc shares. Not about clever accounting. The repayment might be a separate event but the loan cannot be ignored

The list I put up was a timeline nothing more. It is also reasonable to assume that if the lease extension was discussed so too would the loan repayment. But thats an opinion

Ccc were repaid but the indebtedness of acl remains because that company now owes part of the bond

I have asked the question before. What exactly is the detail of the complaint? If it is simply the value of the extension then no need to discuss share value or loan. However if the share value is challenged then you cannot ignore the loan because lease and loan are part of what was used to arrive at that value.

As far as i am aware no one has seen the detail of the complaint

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

They were supposedly so close to an acceptable commercial deal for both sides last year.
Having spoken to both sides did it really collapse over just this single issue of an "indemnity"? One side says there was one, the other not , so is one side not being honest?
I really don’t know about honesty and maybe I’m just too bloody stupid and naive.

Maybe money is more important than anything else and money will win

The love of money is the root of all evil some wise person once said and this whole situation needs to not be about money. easy for me it’s not my money

Sky Blue Pete

Except the loan forms an integral part of the share valuation at the sale date so it cannot be ignored if sisu are challenging the sale value of the ccc shares. Not about clever accounting. The repayment might be a separate event but the loan cannot be ignored

The list I put up was a timeline nothing more. It is also reasonable to assume that if the lease extension was discussed so too would the loan repayment.

Ccc were repaid but the indebtedness of acl remains because that company now owes part of the bond

I have asked the question before. What exactly is the detail of the complaint? If it is simply the value of the extension then no need to discuss share value or loan. However if the share value is challenged then you cannot ignore the loan because lease and loan are part of what was used to arrive at that value.

As far as i am aware no one has seen the detail of the complaint
The council will have and Sisu know what was in it

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The council will have and Sisu know what was in it

But we don't Pete so we cannot make assumptions as to what can and cannot be included. Can only put up the timelines as facts the rest including my musings is conjecture and opinion

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Did they really pay that for it? I think you know they didn't.....

The accounts of acl show the lease extension purchase

The wasps group accounts show the extension purchase in the group assets (which includes acl) note and a payment on the group cash flow statement £1m

The original lease formed part of the share sale value that was paid

tisza

But we don't Pete so we cannot make assumptions as to what can and cannot be included. Can only put up the timelines as facts the rest including my musings is conjecture and opinion
technically an FOI can be made to European Commission but how quickly they'd respond who knows. Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 of 30 May 2001

Sky Blue Pete

Course. Have you asked and not been given the information. My working assumption has always been it’s an undervaluing of the extended lease

Nick

Administrator
The accounts of acl show the lease extension purchase

The wasps group accounts show the extension purchase in the group assets (which includes acl) note and a payment on the group cash flow statement £1m

The original lease formed part of the share sale value that was paid

I meant the actual purchase price....

Users who are viewing this thread