Council meeting for Mark and I (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

It would be interesting to know if they acknowledge that there is an indemnity clause preventing Wasps and CCFC agreeing terms for our return to the Ricoh. They may not agree with that label but that, in effect is what it is.
Do they know why Wasps would require an indemnity clause in favour of CCC?
Why would CCC require CCFC/ to sign up to an indemnity clause? Either the deal with Wasps was legally sound in which case no clause is necessary or, they have wrongly given state aid to a private company in which case how can it be fair that CCFC/ Sisu are made to foot the bill?
If the indemnity is there to prevent CCFC/ from taking legal action against them in the event that they have wrongly given state aid, this too can’t be justified as undoubtedly CCFC/ Sisu have suffered financially.
(It doesn’t concern me at all that Sisu may have suffered because of CCCs actions. However, in this case CCFC and Sisu are linked).

Flying Fokker

On Tuesday 18th August with Cllr Duggins, Cllr Khan, Cllr Ridley, Martin Reeves and Julie Newman (legal)

I’ve said I’ll let Cllr Duggins have an agenda and Mark and I obviously have some clear thoughts as to what these should be but would appreciate the forums thoughts

Try and keep things sensible and not end up arguing but rather highlight one another’s points if you agree with them and clearly point out why you don’t agree without personal attack.

Looking to share agenda by 11th

Thanks everyone
Careful with the bald one....

Saddlebrains

I think the questions regarding local pubs and shops etc are best. After corona they've taken a massive whack, why are the council not trying to get us back which would see thousands a week spend at said pubs and shops

Nick

Administrator
Tbf, these things will never give you the smoking gun. The best you can hope for really is a clearer understanding of a protagonist's position.
No but it gives you an idea if you hit them with a curve ball. Body language, lawyer butting in

chiefdave

How much do they think the money given to Wasps will generate for the local economy and what is the basis for their claims?

Why does the Ricoh need so much work to host a couple of days judo, is it not being properly maintained?

Has the council analysed how much is lost to the local city each year by having our championship football club playing elsewhere?

Given that it has been reported by the local media that council indemnity is blocking a Ricoh return and given the council claim they have not requested indemnity are the council prepared to issue a press release confirming there is no requirement for them to be indemnified (someone might need to work on the wording to ensure there's no wriggle room).

Confirmation they will support any new stadium project at UoW.

joemercersaces

What is the truth about Paul Fletchers allegations that the council shafted the club over the Tesco land deal, refusing to share the profit because of state aid, and keeping subsequent rental income.
Also precisely when and why did the council decide to bring Wasps to the city?

BornSlippySkyBlue

I’ve always communicated with our council representatives really well. They are democratically accountable and democratically elected.
Absolutely, but I’m guessing if I fired an email off to them I’d struggle to arrange a meeting with 4 senior members of the council (including their senior legal rep). So, they must be aware that you are speaking in a ‘representative’ way, for want of a better phrase. And they will have their own reasons for agreeing. I doubt they are aligned with our reasons for arranging the meeting. Therefore I’m thinking they will be trying to leverage the situation to suit their own ends.

I guess I’m just saying to be aware of that, and don’t let them sell you a stinking pile of bullshit, or use you to further their own agenda.

But again, well done for getting this far!

edit because it turns out ( y ) without the spaces turns into (y)

Last edited:

jim20

Why did they refuse to negotiate the rent CCFC was paying, which kicked this whole mess off, and was reported at the time to be in excess of £1Million per season, and then sold the Ricoh to Wasps for essentially 5 seasons worth of rent?

mark82

Absolutely, but I’m guessing if I fired an email off to them I’d struggle to arrange a meeting with 4 senior members of the council (including their senior legal rep). So, they must be aware that you are speaking in a ‘representative’ way, for want of a better phrase. And they will have their own reasons for agreeing. I doubt they are aligned with (y)our reasons for arranging the meeting. Therefore I’m thinking they will be trying to leverage the situation to suit their own ends.

I guess I’m just saying to be aware of that, and don’t let them sell you a stinking pile of bullshit, or use you to further their own agenda.

But again, we’ll done for getting this far!

Fully aware. This meeting was originally organised for a few months ago, around the time we had the meeting with DB & JS. All parties, I'm sure, will be spinning their version of events.

shmmeee

4) Can the council guarantee Wasps they will bear the brunt of any consequences to their actions should any process find issue with them? (No way the lawyer lets them answer that, but worth a shot)

Johnnythespider

Can you ask them why my green lidded bin wasn't emptied last Friday, did you ask for this meeting or was it offered ?
Can you ask if they are prepared to tell Wasps not to ask ccfc to indemnify them, in order to see a return to Coventry for its football club.

Liquid Gold

Do they believe that having a Championship football club in the city is of benefit to the local economy? If so, what have they done to assist in the club returning to the city.

Their line is that this is a matter between landlord and tenant, I'd argue that the larger benefits to the city mean that it is something that they should be playing an active role in.

Do they believe that no matter who the owners of the club are they belong in the city?

Easy one to answer but it means that any "but sisu" points can be brushed aside.

Are they willing to help assist win the new stadium project in any capacity, not minimum legal requirements but assist the project as they've done with the hotel on car park C?

I'd also like to know if they have any personal regrets about anything that has happened in the last decade, if given the chance again what would they have done differently or advised previous councillors to do differently.

Reactions: AOM

pipkin73

1) why did the council warn off Shapiro and Manhattan but favour SISU?

2) how many jobs have wasps created since they’ve been here, how much are they worth to the economy and how does the council feel that the training ground meant to provide a boost to Coventry is being built in Stratford?
Have i missed something? i try to keep up but what is this about our new training ground being in Stratford?

chiefdave

Have i missed something? i try to keep up but what is this about our new training ground being in Stratford?
He means the Wasps training ground. When they came here it was a promised new state of the art facility available to the public. That changed to booting our academy out of Higgs and doing a refurb. Then it was going to br at Old Leamingtonians, they evicted their tenants to make way for Wasps who then pulled out. Now its supposed to be in Henly in Arden, purchased from Warwickshire College where Nick Eastwood just happens to be a governor but allegedly knew nothing about it. The locals are up in arms and Sport England have called out the planning application for being full of BS.

pipkin73

He means the Wasps training ground. When they came here it was a promised new state of the art facility available to the public. That changed to booting our academy out of Higgs and doing a refurb. Then it was going to br at Old Leamingtonians, they evicted their tenants to make way for Wasps who then pulled out. Now its supposed to be in Henly in Arden, purchased from Warwickshire College where Nick Eastwood just happens to be a governor but allegedly knew nothing about it. The locals are up in arms and Sport England have called out the planning application for being full of BS.
I knew all of that so I should have realised what he was fishing at. Just for a moment I forgot it and thought something new had happened. Thanks for your reply that made it make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread