Council meeting for Mark and I (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

On Tuesday 18th August with Cllr Duggins, Cllr Khan, Cllr Ridley, Martin Reeves and Julie Newman (legal)

I’ve said I’ll let Cllr Duggins have an agenda and Mark and I obviously have some clear thoughts as to what these should be but would appreciate the forums thoughts

Try and keep things sensible and not end up arguing but rather highlight one another’s points if you agree with them and clearly point out why you don’t agree without personal attack.

Looking to share agenda by 11th

Thanks everyone

cc84cov

On Tuesday 18th August with Cllr Duggins, Cllr Khan, Cllr Ridley, Martin Reeves and Julie Newman (legal)

I’ve said I’ll let Cllr Duggins have an agenda and Mark and I obviously have some clear thoughts as to what these should be but would appreciate the forums thoughts

Try and keep things sensible and not end up arguing but highlighting one another’s points if you agree with them

Thanks everyone
Good work Lads 👏🏼

Lord_Nampil

If Reeves is in the room.... grill time should be had hes the one pulling the strings in all this and has been all along !

Great your having a meeting though. hopefully you get out of it what we want!!

Good luck

Nick

Administrator
Ask how much they think the investment into the Ricoh will bring for the Coventry economy.

Ask Mr Duggins about involvement with wasps, aldi and why he couldn't be bothered to turn up to that meeting.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Well done fellas. I’m curious as to why they would agree a meeting with (no disrespect) ‘fans’ with no specific connection to anything. What’s in it for them? Cos they ain’t doing it for us, that’s for sure.

Rusty Trombone

Would they like to see the club playing in Coventry? Do they agree there's a benefit to the city as a whole if the club plays in Coventry? Do they agree they have some responsibility in helping the club to play in Coventry? Will they agree to work with the club to achieve this? What ideas have they got to help move the situation forward?

If they answer no to any of the first 4 just tell them to fuck off and walk out, there's no point carrying on, it's just a PR exercise for them.

David O'Day

Why did Duggins see fit to fight when Aldi wanted to shut a supermarket in his ward but seems happy to sit by and watch ccfc move anyway from his ward.

Also he could be asked what is the economic damage caused to his Longford ward by CCFC not playing there?

usskyblue

I trust you know what needs to be asked regarding today’s news and the statements from Wasps and SISU.

All I ask is ....don’t be afraid to ask difficult questions and don ‘t bend over and let them feed you bullshit sandwiches.

David O'Day

Whilst I appreciate that the ‘new’ stadium is on WDC land, will they do all they can to assist in any planning matters for the infrastructure/transport issues on CCC land surrounding the newly proposed stadium?

To be fair the genius of the site is the transportation links etc have already been okayed and fast tracked by CCC

Mcbean

First of all well done for getting a meeting - would very like to know how much they will support the Uni project given that they had not pushed the boat out - tried etc to get CCFC back at the Ricoh

higgs

Well done lads best of luck. What are they trying to do for the supporters of Coventry city fc and for the local businesses to enable the football team return to the Ricoh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Well done fellas. I’m curious as to why they would agree a meeting with (no disrespect) ‘fans’ with no specific connection to anything. What’s in it for them? Cos they ain’t doing it for us, that’s for sure.
I’ve always communicated with our council representatives really well. They are democratically accountable and democratically elected.

ccfcway

Question 1. Do you think the electorate would like ccfc to be playing in Coventry ?

Question 2. If yes, what are you doing to facilitate this ?

Question 3. Are you concerned if you don’t support this the Electorate could vote you out ?

David O'Day

Question 1. Do you think the electorate would like ccfc to be playing in Coventry ?

Question 2. If yes, what are you doing to facilitate this ?

Question 3. Are you concerned if you don’t support this the Electorate could vote you out ?

The answer to question 3 is who would the electorate vote for to do that, Ridley is in this meeting and the cov tories support the council on this

ccfcway

The answer to question 3 is who would the electorate vote for to do that, Ridley is in this meeting and the cov tories support the council on this

And independent who would have ccfc as a priority in their manifesto . We just need someone to stand !!!

Without that, hardly worth being annoyed at something people are voting for

ccfcway

It's happened before, the general populace of Cov don't care enough.

And there you go. Losing battle. They can do what they want as not enough people care.

In the whole mess, it’s the one thing cov fans can influence, who sits on the council.

Colin Steins Smile

Well done on getting a meeting & trying to ensure that a positive dialogue is established. I would ask:
What is the projected value to local businesses of CCFC playing Championship football at the Ricoh?

NorthernWisdom

What do they see are the consequences for the city if the Wasps Ricoh Arena project had not happened, and also if it were to fail?

How do they consider their working relationship with Wasps? Has it lived up to expectations, and has it delivered what they hoped?

Could they elaborate on the suggestion of Woodlands as a possible site for the CCFC stadium?

How do they see the mooted new stadium, the Ricoh, and the Butts as working together to make the city and surrounding area a leisure attraction? What will the council be doing to encourage those synergies that might exist?

How do they see the various stadia developing over the next 10-20 years?

Obviously, a successful sporting hub is good for wellbeing, and all that entails. What will they, therefore, be doing to help each sports club associated with the city to maximise their potential?

On a similar note, the recognition a city's sporting team gives to a city, along with identity and therefore stronger commercial investment, offers many intangible benefits. How does the local authority intend to harness that?

Sky Blue Pete

Are they going to allow you to tell us what's said?
Hasn’t even been discussed but Cllr duggins has never ever had a problem standing by whatever he has said by email to me. I would anticipate being able to agree a report of the discussion with all parties

shmmeee

1) (the only really important one) Will the confirm they do not require indemnity as part of the Ricoh deal? If so have they informed Wasps of this? If not lose your shit quite frankly.

2) Will they confirm they’ll support any application for a new ground at UoW? Don’t accept the “look at each case on its merits”, get across CCFC fans want a quick resolution and if Sisu feel they can’t accept terms that’s their choice as a business.

Users who are viewing this thread