Council meeting for Mark and I (3 Viewers)

Senior Vick from Alicante

Think it's time to move on from the Ricoh. Wasps for various reasons don't want us there, Rugby Union has always looked down it's nose at the working man's game. If CCC have said they will do all they can to help the club play in the City, Sisu need to put it to the test.

NorthernWisdom

So how come it's only Wasps that want to continue with the NDA? What do they want to hide?
The same things they all agreed to signing up to hide.

it's also easy to say, in response to a question, you'd drop it. I suspect in actuality there would be a number of conditions, and the arguments over that could take as long as a JR...

It's a red herring. NDAs are commonplace and, even here, other than this council meeting, Pete and Mark have had to agree to keep some things confidential. it's the way of the world, and focusing on it distracts from, and throws shade over, other areas.

stupot07

The only hope is a quick conclusion to the EU investigation. Sisu cannot withdraw it, and the club should not indemnify it.

As fans we have very little option but to wait the conclusion of the EU investigation and hope that wasps backdown. I feel sorry for the employees they made redundant that they have been able to keep with the extra income had they agreed a deal with ccfc.

How ccc can say that the club have been treated fairly is joke.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

All abide by eu verdict...... could cost wasps millions sisu nothing (even if it goes against them) so I don't see that happening unless we have the verdict first and sisu lose

Wouldnt part of the argument be wasps helped damage ccfc ?

Wasps need to draw a line under the risk now not leave loose ends.

You carry more hope than me but I just cannot see any of that happening. Why would sisu initiate the complaint if they didn't intend to see it through to the most profitable conclusion. It really is not and never has been about ccfc no matter what the pr says or joys apparent conversion to a fanatical ccfc fan. This remains about investment return which I would suggest means the new stadium project puts them in an uncomfortable position ...... it is increasingly likely they will need to follow through on it or sell up
We need something to change and no agreement isn’t a solution

What about agreeing both have the right to appeal and the right to pursue damages?

I need a solution help me

oldfiver

What about agreeing both have the right to appeal and the right to pursue damages?

Who are both? The complaint is SISU against CCC not WASPS
You would need to have CCC included somewhere ?

NorthernWisdom

I think we're in a cyclical thing where there is no solution... as things stand. It needs a change of mindset from one of the protagonists, rather than a change of what deal is to be done, and we can go through the strengths and flaws in each approach until the cows come home - as I'm sure they have all done!

I mean you have to say, especially at the moment, what's in it for any of them to actually agree a deal where they give something major up? No fans, limited fans whenever they're allowed... I can't see what's in it for any of them to change their approach. Can you?

Sky Blue Pete

It was further up. They would need to agree not to appeal or that both parties have a right to appeal. The case clearly impacts wasps as they will have to pay money if state aid is agreed and potentially would be implicated in a case to damages against ccc or at least an interested party

shmmeee

The only hope is a quick conclusion to the EU investigation. Sisu cannot withdraw it, and the club should not indemnify it.

As fans we have very little option but to wait the conclusion of the EU investigation and hope that wasps backdown. I feel sorry for the employees they made redundant that they have been able to keep with the extra income had they agreed a deal with ccfc.

How ccc can say that the club have been treated fairly is joke.

No one is asking the club to indemnify the state aid case.

Sky Blue Pete

I think we're in a cyclical thing where there is no solution... as things stand. It needs a change of mindset from one of the protagonists, rather than a change of what deal is to be done, and we can go through the strengths and flaws in each approach until the cows come home - as I'm sure they have all done!

I mean you have to say, especially at the moment, what's in it for any of them to actually agree a deal where they give something major up? No fans, limited fans whenever they're allowed... I can't see what's in it for any of them to change their approach. Can you?
I can’t believe the person on here who I look to see the wider picture is focused on this season. You could say there’s no point or you could say what a great opportunity when there’s not much money being gained or lost to make an agreement in the medium term??

They all want ccfc playing home games in coventry and I’m not going to allow you to stop and say I don’t know that’s pussy stuff and it lets the parties off the hook

And even if that was it then bloody say it

no point talking until fans in the ground we’ve got a calendar not for Derek to give joy a ring during October

One of the things that’s surprised me recently is Dave Boddy’s statement. It felt like a complete no more talks we can’t sort it lets give up without saying it

But then everyone has said they want ccfc to play in coventry

mark82

There are only 2 main protagonist when we are talking about current talks, CCFC/Sisu & Wasps. CCC aren't asking for anything themselves, Wasps are asking for indemnities against CCC to protect their own interests.

I think it's always been clear, and CCC confirmed, that the repercussions of the EU ruling against CCC would be that Wasps have to pay the amount deemed to have been given in state aid back to CCC. There's clear self interest on Wasps part in asking for further action against CCC to be stopped.

shmmeee

If you ask me to put my most positive hat on, I think the most likely route is still tugging the heartstrings of Wasps and saying “Look, Sisu are cunts and will continue to be cunts, CCFC playing at the Ricoh temporarily will change nothing. So for the fans, just let us play there on a short term deal until our ground is built or the EU case returns whichever happens first”.

But you’re talking Liam Kelly from the halfway line in terms of shots.

Sky Blue Pete

If you ask me to put my most positive hat on, I think the most likely route is still tugging the heartstrings of Wasps and saying “Look, Sisu are cunts and will continue to be cunts, CCFC playing at the Ricoh temporarily will change nothing. So for the fans, just let us play there on a short term deal until our ground is built or the EU case returns whichever happens first”.

But you’re talking Liam Kelly from the halfway line in terms of shots.
Edge of the box !!!!!

I agree that’s the best chance too

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Wish I could be more positive

The next solution window is i fear the result of the eu complaint. Before then because of the sums involved I dont see how either side move.

Sisu as I said will follow through on the complaint until there are no other options

Wasps have to protect their interest and simply cannot back down. They are as entitled to use legal process or clauses as sisu.

Too much money at stake

The only glimmer of hope is a verdict on the complaint finding no wrong doing by ccc and at that point sisu say that's enough. Anyone confident of them doing that ?

But thats not about ccfc really is it. Thats the owners accepting a limit to their investment return

Perhaps people will finally realise that it is not about what's best for ccfc it never has been and that has never changed. Wasps will look after their interest and sisu theirs. Ccfc is the pawn or tool stuck in the middle.

mark82

I can't see what's in it for CCFC/Sisu to change approach. From Wasps perspective it's a little more cloudy for me. Sisu will pursue the legal action either way, CCFC not being there doesn't change that. They're trying to leverage discussions to mitigate future risk. It's a decision they're taking that they'd rather leverage that in the future at the expense of now. There's no real benefit to Wasps of CCFC not playing at the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Pete

The next solution window is i fear the result of the eu complaint. Before then because of the sums involved I dont see how either side move.

Sisu as I said will follow through on the complaint until there are no other options

Wasps have to protect their interest and simply cannot back down. They are as entitled to use legal process or clauses as sisu.

Too much money at stake

The only glimmer of hope is a verdict on the complaint finding no wrong doing by ccc and at that point sisu say that's enough. Anyone confident of them doing that ?

But thats not about ccfc really is it. Thats the owners accepting a limit to their investment return

Perhaps people will finally realise that it is not about what's best for ccfc it never has been and that has never changed. Wasps will look after their interest and sisu theirs. Ccfc is the pawn or tool stuck in the middle.
Ok assume that’s all the case what’s wrong with a party taking a jump and agreeing with all those clauses understood. Everyone knows the case is most likely to be thrown out.

Don’t want positivity I want answers people

Solutions

You aren’t getting off this thread until we have a proposal

Sky Blue Pete

I can't see what's in it for CCFC/Sisu to change approach. From Wasps perspective it's a little more cloudy for me. Sisu will pursue the legal action either way, CCFC not being there doesn't change that. They're trying to leverage discussions to mitigate future risk. It's a decision they're taking that they'd rather leverage that in the future at the expense of now. There's no real benefit to Wasps of CCFC not playing at the Ricoh.
Love you!!! Yep now you’re talking a plan something that we can run with as a proposal

It’s whether Derek Richardson wants to be the bigger man isn’t it? Or Joy accepting in advance something that’s likely.

What we’ve always said it’s easier when it’s not our money

mark82

Too much money at stake

Also now complicated by the fact that we'd have to compensate BCFC if we moved back now, which is not an insignificant sum.

stupot07

Pretty sure there are no further routes to pursue this if EU find it to be all above board.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Pretty sure there are no further routes to pursue this if EU find it to be all above board.

As I understand either side can appeal the complaint result to the ecj. There is also potential for a damages case, the thing is in that scenario it isnt about the sale or lease per se and the claim isnt perhaps the objective but distressing the site is.

Its still the same game being played imo

stupot07

I would also note that council aren't immune to bending the truth and spinning a yarn. So I would treat yesterdays meeting with a caution.

Sky Blue Pete

I would also note that council aren't immune to bending the truth and spinning a yarn. So I would treat yesterdays meeting with a caution.

I think that’s well worth saying and we have treated all our meetings with caution and that we want what’s best for Ccfc as Ccfc supporters. What’s interesting is sharing what we now know and things do become very clear.

Still trying to focus on the difference between facts and bias

Warwickhunt

I think we could agree an extension with Birmingham if there are no other options. I think the EFL would agree to it as long as there was evidence of progress in moving back to Coventry/building a new ground.

I agree, liquidation isn't particularly likely. What is there to liquidate? Not a lot really.
Liquidate! as you say we are the company stuck between a rock and a hardplace, I should think Joy is looking forward to getting a shot at a £100 million game at the end of the season (me being an optomist LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread