Council Land List (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

You see, you're either playing devil's advocate, or going to the extreme the other direction for some reason. I never mentioned the sale to Wasps as a question to answer. Indeed, I've often poin ted out that it's highly unusual for every member to be on board with a decision - virtually unprecedented, in fact.

I would like to know how that came about... but wanting to know that could just as easily reveal an answer that blows SISU apart as a hard done by victim.

I don't disagree that a business needs a good working relationship. Nor do I disagree that SISU blew the doors off. I do however think that certain of Mutton's statementgs were unhelpful and inflammatory in the extreme, and weren't what I expect of a council leader. I also think that a total refusal to be flexible in terms of rental agreement over the years (and yes, I too know how councils work in certain circumstances and, while I can appreciate why that may well have been the case, it doesn't mean I have to consider it the rioght decision!) contributed to nuclear options.

There's a middle ground, still, that treats everything SISU say or do with a healthy scepticism, and still waits for the smoking gun, while accepting that other parties have not helped matters either. It's like (most!) marriages that fall apart. If you look yourself in the mirror and conclude it was all the other party's fault and there's nothing to learn, then chances are it's all your fault.

(And yes, SISU's statements do indeed read like they have little to reproach themselves for!)
Don’t you see emails submitted to a court as a smoking gun in terms of conspiracy and collusion to screw our football club.

Users who are viewing this thread