Council helps football club (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It will get worse before it gets better IMHO.
I've inferred on many occasions that CCFC will be liquidated at some point.
In fact it will happen because the other parties, particularly Wasps, will do absolutely nothing (positive or negative). Even moving the team will hasten the process. Wasps will pick up the name and will already own the facilities so the only unknowns are how long until the end and what league we start in.

Sounds like you are quite glad your football team is being distressed? I suppose it is only bad when it is a Stadium Management Company ;)

Moff

It will get worse before it gets better IMHO.
I've inferred on many occasions that CCFC will be liquidated at some point.
In fact it will happen because the other parties, particularly Wasps, will do absolutely nothing (positive or negative). Even moving the team will hasten the process. Wasps will pick up the name and will already own the facilities so the only unknowns are how long until the end and what league we start in.

Seeing as Wasps are in a popularity contest with SISU, why would they do that? A fractured fan base, hassle and hatred from fans, and complete apathy. I thought you knew all about Wasps and their ethos. Clearly you don't.

italiahorse

Seeing as Wasps are in a popularity contest with SISU, why would they do that? A fractured fan base, hassle and hatred from fans, and complete apathy. I thought you knew all about Wasps and their ethos. Clearly you don't.

Attila the Hun would win a popularity competition with Sisu. Discount that.
Do what? They just have to do nothing and let Sisu fall on their sword.

italiahorse

Sounds like you are quite glad your football team is being distressed? I suppose it is only bad when it is a Stadium Management Company ;)

Just giving some inside information not showing any emotion on this.

It's like my old dog struggling at the end of her life and you want to keep her going forever. When the decision is made its almost a relief.
I always get a new puppy towards the end which seems to perk the old dog up for a few years and it eases the pain when it finally happens ;)

chiefdave

They just have to do nothing and let Sisu fall on their sword.
SISU won't fall on their sword. They will be just fine. It will be the football club that ceases to exist, won't have the slightest impact on SISU.

A point you and many others seem to choose to ignore.

What good will Wasps or anyone else for that matter owning the name be if its a new club playing non league. How full do you think the Ricoh will be for that?

italiahorse

SISU won't fall on their sword. They will be just fine. It will be the football club that ceases to exist, won't have the slightest impact on SISU.

A point you and many others seem to choose to ignore.

What good will Wasps or anyone else for that matter owning the name be if its a new club playing non league. How full do you think the Ricoh will be for that?

A bit like Rangers then ?

I think if we are playing reasonably well we will get as many as 7000. If we struggle it may be as low as 3000. ;)

georgehudson

just one thing for all parties to bear in mind is that when you go to meet your maker,
'you can't take it with you',
surely better to have been known as a generous benefactor,
rather than an unscrupulous callous miser

chiefdave

A bit like Rangers then ?
No nothing at all like that. Best case scenario we'd enter the league at the level Sphinx and Cov Utd are currently at. Are you seriously suggesting there would be only 2K less in attendance than our most recent home L1 game?

italiahorse

No nothing at all like that. Best case scenario we'd enter the league at the level Sphinx and Cov Utd are currently at. Are you seriously suggesting there would be only 2K less in attendance than our most recent home L1 game?

LOL it's not my quote ;)
Surprised you missed it.

chiefdave

So then the question stands. Why would Wasps want a new version of CCFC playing at the Ricoh at a similar level to Sphinx and Cov Utd?

Also if that did happen how do you think it would negatively affect SISU?

Moff

Attila the Hun would win a popularity competition with Sisu. Discount that.
Do what? They just have to do nothing and let Sisu fall on their sword.

Do what?...do what you suggested and buy the club. Why the hell would Wasps want to buy CCFC?

So if I have this right you hope Wasps do nothing, so SISU fall on their sword and CCFC go bust, in your singularly vain hope that Wasp's will buy us.

I will again await your answer on this one, as I think you are alone in believing they would be interested in CCFC, but am willing to listen to what you have to say. Personally for the reasons I mentioned before I think that notion is wrong.

Moff

Just giving some inside information not showing any emotion on this.

It's like my old dog struggling at the end of her life and you want to keep her going forever. When the decision is made its almost a relief.
I always get a new puppy towards the end which seems to perk the old dog up for a few years and it eases the pain when it finally happens ;)

Well if its inside information like the Ricoh becoming the JLR stadium, then I would consider changing your source, or stop believing your own hype.

Nick

Administrator
Well if its inside information like the Ricoh becoming the JLR stadium, then I would consider changing your source, or stop believing your own hype.
It means somebody is pulling his strings. Yet he comes on here accusing everybody of having an agenda

Covstu

Still cannot get my head around why wasps would buy us or take us over or whatever? Doesn't make any sense, they have virtually all of the assets we have and not as if they can buy the fanbase (well clearly some have been bought already!).

The day this happens is the day that ccfc no longer exists

Bruce the Boot

It s lovely to be around such nice people , your mother must be most proud . To call somebody else thick just shows the mentality of your good self . ;)

italiahorse

Do what?...do what you suggested and buy the club. Why the hell would Wasps want to buy CCFC?

So if I have this right you hope Wasps do nothing, so SISU fall on their sword and CCFC go bust, in your singularly vain hope that Wasp's will buy us.

I will again await your answer on this one, as I think you are alone in believing they would be interested in CCFC, but am willing to listen to what you have to say. Personally for the reasons I mentioned before I think that notion is wrong.

Not the club. Just the name. they have the rest.

italiahorse

So you're saying stadium naming rights require CCFC staying, shouldn't CCFC then receive a share in them?
It's more about Land Rover publicity.
Yes CCFC should receive some. Same as advertising. It's all relative to their league status though. L1 and 30 seconds a week is not a big draw for advertisers.

Nick

Administrator
It's more about Land Rover publicity.
Yes CCFC should receive some. Same as advertising. It's all relative to their league status though. L1 and 30 seconds a week is not a big draw for advertisers.

"Coventry City kicked out of the Land Rover Stadium".. Should make it headline news ;)

chiefdave

We have viewing figures ?
It was posted on here a while back. Total viewship for live games, despite more Wasps games being shown their total was below ours. And their highlights program had far less viewers than ours. Then you have to factor in things like Soccer Saturday.
Yes we have fallen a long way but Ricoh get far more exposure out of CCFC than they do Wasps.

stupot07

Im wondering what the hold up is then, if a league one football club is so insignificant and wasps are such a huge draw, why haven't JLR just signed a stadium deal with them? Why are they waiting on us? Makes no sense

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moff

Land Rover Stadium. Just need to wait until CCFC is sorted.

Covering all bases with that statement aren't you, as until CCFC is sorted could mean any amount of time.

Do you mean until they leave, until they stay, until the litigation is over, until SISU go, until Wasps own us...it could go on and on, so giving yourself the next few years or so on top of the year you have already been wrong, I guess you will keep winging it in the hope you are right.

I am sure a company like JLR spends its advertising budget based on the exploits of a League One Team.

Lets say £25 to charity of yours or my choice that it doesn't happen by the end of 2017-18 season.

Users who are viewing this thread