Council helps football club (1 Viewer)

stupot07

While I agree the sale of the ground was a blow but why would they wait for our obnoxious owners to see sense. Despite what people say on here I think if SUSI were out off the road there would be viable deals to be done WASPS they appear to be quite reasonable business people they want as much revenue coming in but they want to be talked to not at.
Viable deals? What's the definition of viable?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

A deal that is suitable to both parties but talk to not at as I said .(hope city can hold on)
The club were talking to 'not at' wasps about a rental deal and wasps were the ones to break off talks.

I can't see any deal being viable - as a league one club we need low rental and access to revenues, with their bonds, the bonds interest, the aim of becoming the biggest rugby club in Europe and winning trophy's wasps need as much money as possible - that will mean significantly higher rent and little/no access to revenues.

In fact I am convinced the 'noise' excuse is bullshit and is a delaying tactic being used to put the club on a position that they have no choice but to agree a significantly worse deal.

I'm not sure where you get wasps are nice businessmen, they have been far more ruthless than sisu, lying to their fans about moving to london, taking another clubs ground and specifically choosing to move their training facility to where our academy is based, and thus going back on the assurances they gave the council that they would not be detrimental to us or CRFC.

clint van damme

While I agree the sale of the ground was a blow but why would they wait for our obnoxious owners to see sense. Despite what people say on here I think if SUSI were out off the road there would be viable deals to be done WASPS they appear to be quite reasonable business people they want as much revenue coming in but they want to be talked to not at.

I see absolutely no evidence of that.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

We need a low rental you say we need to put in an offer that is suitable to any package we require that's always been SUSI's trouble they want everything for nothing .They wanted the ground for next to nothing Higgs share same even shook on it changed their mind. I never said nice I said reasonable there no nice businessmen .Clint get SUSI out of the way and I think things would change overnight.

hutch1972

Got a bit confused by mixed messages this week - Higgs/Wasps still want to engage with club, but Council say they won't help/aid with staying at the Ricoh etc until the football club pay off the £300k+ legal bill that it has cost the city taxpayers. I suspect that Higgs/Wasps/Counciil want SISU to drop all litigation before they will engage. At least with the agreement at the Ricoh due to finish in a season or so SISU will have to back down or come up with a plan B, otherwise they're caught between a rock and a hard place.Surely they can only carry on down the legal route if they have secured alternative venues for the football club to play?
What about the millions the council have cost us taxpayers ? 300k is nothing compared to the gifting of the Ricoh!

Nick

Administrator
What about the millions the council have cost us taxpayers ? 300k is nothing compared to the gifting of the Ricoh!
I think people forget just how much the council waste, the salary of Reeves while he works somewhere else

chiefdave

I think people forget just how much the council waste, the salary of Reeves while he works somewhere else
Coventry City Council’s chief executive earned £244,553 last year - over £100,000 more than the prime minister.
That's a 20% increase over the previous year and compares to £221,372 for his equivalent in Birmingham, Wolverhampton at £158,124, Solihull at £117,722 and Sandwell at £157,192.

He's been in charge since since 2008, just think of some of the things that have happened under his leadership.

And of course Lucas said she wasn't lying when saying ACL was 'washing its face' and although not mentioned by name from what she said the only people who could have supplied her with this incorrect information were Reeves and West.

chiefdave

what I want to know is why 3 days ago, the pre condition to talks was SISU dropping their legal action and now it's dropping their legal action and paying the councils legal costs?
Because the club gave an indication that they wanted to talk and wanted the council to be part of that process. Within a couple of days you have the council putting a new condition in place that Anderson can not meet.

Nick

Administrator
That's a 20% increase over the previous year and compares to £221,372 for his equivalent in Birmingham, Wolverhampton at £158,124, Solihull at £117,722 and Sandwell at £157,192.

He's been in charge since since 2008, just think of some of the things that have happened under his leadership.

And of course Lucas said she wasn't lying when saying ACL was 'washing its face' and although not mentioned by name from what she said the only people who could have supplied her with this incorrect information were Reeves and West.
It was silly money being lost the days he was working somewhere else

clint van damme

Because the club gave an indication that they wanted to talk and wanted the council to be part of that process. Within a couple of days you have the council putting a new condition in place that Anderson can not meet.

You'll get accused of been a conspiracy theorist but that's what I was thinking.

chiefdave

It was silly money being lost the days he was working somewhere else
Can't remember without looking it up but didn't someone get appointed, and presumably paid, to cover for him when he wasn't there but there was no reduction in Reeves salary?

stupot07

And they know that the anti sisu sentiment is the highest its been scince sixfields and they can get away moving the goalposts and everyone will blame sisu

Nick

Administrator
And they know that the anti sisu sentiment is the highest its been scince sixfields and they can get away moving the goalposts and everyone will blame sisu

They and others have been doing that for months, I have pointed out many times that when the anti sisu stuff seems to peak that id bet something that could make another party look bad is going to come out.

Also it's a fact that a party have been known to deliberately try to fire up the anti sisu stuff with rumours in the past...

I'm still amazed not many see the patterns in it. I made a point of saying something is going to come out when the wasps academy stuff, and said to somebody the day before this came out.. When I pointed out something was going to come out soon, random people signed up just to have a go at me ;)

Its so effective, make everybody look in one direction and do something so it goes un noticed.

Grendel

According to SISU owning your own ground is essential. If only they took it as seriously as Wasps.

So they should search the country for a cheap ground to acquire and screw fans in their current community?

fernandopartridge

There are loads of examples where councils believe that the owners have the best interests of the football club at the heart of their decisions and help them out as much as possible.
Why did our council force the creation of ACL and the completely out of kilter rent then?

Brylowes

The club were talking to 'not at' wasps about a rental deal and wasps were the ones to break off talks.

I can't see any deal being viable - as a league one club we need low rental and access to revenues, with their bonds, the bonds interest, the aim of becoming the biggest rugby club in Europe and winning trophy's wasps need as much money as possible - that will mean significantly higher rent and little/no access to revenues.

In fact I am convinced the 'noise' excuse is bullshit and is a delaying tactic being used to put the club on a position that they have no choice but to agree a significantly worse deal.

I'm not sure where you get wasps are nice businessmen, they have been far more ruthless than sisu, lying to their fans about moving to london, taking another clubs ground and specifically choosing to move their training facility to where our academy is based, and thus going back on the assurances they gave the council that they would not be detrimental to us or CRFC.

But they never took another clubs ground did they, the club I think you're talking about were
Playing home games in Northampton. Whilst insisting they would never return because they
Were going to build their very own stadium and academy, they played a very dangerous game
Of brinkmanship "and lost"

stupot07

But they never took another clubs ground did they, the club I think you're talking about were
Playing home games in Northampton. Whilst insisting they would never return because they
Were going to build their very own stadium and academy, they played a very dangerous game
Of brinkmanship "and lost"
It was built for us, it has sky blue seats, it has ccfc and sky blues written in the seats, and in fact we had already returned to the Ricoh before the wasps finalised the deal. We were never going to build our own ground brinkmanship or not, and wasps knew what they were doing and yes they looked after themselves (their prerogative) but let's not ignore their ruthlessness in doing so, just like the academy.

This is old ground and a well trodden path so I'll leave you to it.

Last edited:

Brylowes

So they should search the country for a cheap ground to acquire and screw fans in their current community?
But it wasn't cheap, TF said SISU would never have done the deal Wasps did.
Meanwhile I'm sure you referred to it as a "white elephant"

Brylowes

It was built for us, it has sky blue seats, it has ccfc and sky blues written in the seats, and in fact we had already returned to the Ricoh before the wasps finalised the deal. We were never going to build our own ground brinkmanship or not, and wasps knew what they were doing and yes they looked after themselves (their prerogative) but let's not ignore their ruthlessness in doing so, just like the academy.

This is old ground and a well trodden path so I'll leave you to it.

It has all of those things, and was built for us, if only we'd had owners who were serious
About running the football club and dedicated to ensuring it's future, it would be.

Liquid Gold

Yeah if only we could get rid of the hedge fund we could sort out a proper business deal with... a hedge fund

Nick

Administrator
Id not like an owner that would take us away from our home, change our name and disenfranchise our loyal supporters. Make of that what you will...
I just hope they don't get a loan about the community asset to pay themselves to be honest.

Imagine if they took us on by distressing the football club to get it, after the outrage about a stadium management company being distressed imagine what it will be like if it's our club.

Brylowes

Id not like an owner that would take us away from our home, change our name and disenfranchise our loyal supporters. Make of that what you will...
Well that would be very unlikely seeing as they have a long lease on the Ricoh and
Seem hell bent on putting down roots and building for the future.
I just hope they don't get a loan about the community asset to pay themselves to be honest.

Imagine if they took us on by distressing the football club to get it, after the outrage about a stadium management company being distressed imagine what it will be like if it's our club.
SISU have already done it for them, can't see how it could be any more distressed TBH

chiefdave

Going on the evidence available, in all honesty, which one would you rather owned us.
Wasps moved the club 90 miles away, changed their name and then took out huge debt against the stadium to pay back their owner.

Not sure there would be many people on here happy if the same was done to us.

Nick

Administrator
Well that would be very unlikely seeing as they have a long lease on the Ricoh and
Seem hell bent on putting down roots and building for the future.

SISU have already done it for them, can't see how it could be any more distressed TBH
I don't think you can see anything other than sisu anyway can you?

You moan and say people defend sisu, but are arguing wasps cause ;)

Users who are viewing this thread