Council Hearing Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yes I did join in the chant, it wasn’t as a councillor, it certainly wasn’t as leader of the council.
It was as someone who has supported the club since seven years of age and was a season ticket holder that had seen the club go downhill rapidly during that time.”

He has been borrowing Labovitch's hats again.

italiahorse

Who? Amazing how you have digs are people aren't as extreme as you, after you were having a go at people for not backing SISU.... :thinking about:

Point me in the direction of one person that didn't want to give Sisu a chance at the start?
Show me someone who didn't think administration was the end of the world as an option before they took over?
Again, show me who thought balancing the books was not a good idea ?

Just because you give them a chance once does not mean you can't change your mind when they mess up.

It's a poor argument if that is always your come back when Sisu are criticised !!

Nick

Administrator
Point me in the direction of one person that didn't want to give Sisu a chance at the start?
Show me someone who didn't think administration was the end of the world as an option before they took over?

Just because you give them a chance once does not mean you can't change your mind when they mess up.

It's a poor argument if that is always your come back when Sisu are criticised !!

I don't think there was anybody else having a go at others for not backing them...

Captain Dart

He has been borrowing Labovitch's hats again.

I joined in those chants, didn't you, perfectly normal behavour for a fan in a Football crowd when the team is playing shit.

My memory is that about 1/3 to 1/2 of the crowd joined in and I don't give a damn about Joys 'hurt feelings' anyone in her position has to have a very thick skin, especially with the tactics SISU like to use.

Will anyone who didn't join in speak up and act all disgusted that other people were very dissatisfied.

Nick

Administrator
I joined in those chants, didn't you, perfectly normal behavour for a fan in a Football crowd when the team is playing shit.

My memory is that about 1/3 to 1/2 of the crowd joined in and I don't give a damn about Joys 'hurt feelings' anyone in her position has to have a very thick skin, especially with the tactics SISU like to use.

Will anyone who didn't join in speak up and act all disgusted that other people were very dissatisfied.

Are you the council leader meant to be dealing "neutrally"?

chiefdave

I've chanted SISU out, I didn't do it because the team was playing badly, i did it as I did, and still do, want SISU gone. The difference is I am not under a code of conduct which states:

Always treat people with respect, including the organisations and public Iengage with and those I work alongside.

Nick

Administrator
Goacher says:

We’ve heard a lot about the press smear campaign which seems to be based on pieced together bits of information, none of which relates to these councillors. There’s not even an inkling that they were involved, if such a campaign even existed.”

Sounds a bit like a CCC lawyer doesn't he?

Sky Blue Kid

Ahem!!! ME!!!..........From day 1, I always said I didn't want SISU anywhere near our Club. For the reasons we all see now.

italiahorse

I don't think I have, the same as I haven't done any protest (council or SISU).

I tend to watch the game.

I am also not a councillor or council leader.

So when most of the stadium was chanting 'SISU OUT' you kept quiet?
When they got stewards to take down banners, you ignored it?
You never went on the march?

I'm getting the picture.

Nick

Administrator
So when most of the stadium was chanting 'SISU OUT' you kept quiet?
When they got stewards to take down banners, you ignored it?
You never went on the march?

I'm getting the picture.

I was actually away for the March but would have been there.

What was I meant to do when they took banners? Stand up and get angry and threaten female stewards like some blokes did? I really should have said "if you fucking taking that banner" and clench my fist like a bloke did. I'd have been hard as nails then.

I was sat in the family zone, it was actually quite quiet there. I try to keep my daughter away from the confrontational stuff if I can help it.

OR I could watch the football I had paid to go and see?

Nick

Administrator
Ken Sloan, the panel’s independent member, said he supported the recommendation of the council’s monitoring officer that the complaint was investigated by the ethics committee despite the fact the last incident was over two years before the complaint was submitted by Sisu.Coun Clifford says we’ve come to the conclusion of the hearing.
He places his thanks on record to the parties involved.
He wants people to read the documents on the council’s website as well as the Telegraph’s coverage.
They will now discuss the complaint privately before making the decision. We’re being kicked out!

I think it is safe to say what the outcome will be?

Covstu

Council win written all over it, we have a situation where two parties have been arguing backbiting, slagging each other off for a period of 2 years or so which for me is irrelevant however the point is did this clearly fractious situation get in the way of SISU having a chance of buying a stake, or lease etc of ACL. Personally I think this did and that CCC made the conscious decision of moving Wasps in and making a quick deal to get this problem off their books (and with that SISU with it).

We all know that SISU have been a nightmare from the start but we are now in a position that we don't have a home to call our own so whilst the council probably solved a short term cash issue they have made irreparable damage to the long term future of our club. I think if SISU had the ground, we would have been put up for sale and would have seen the back of our wonderful owners.

Nick

Administrator
At a football match? Fuck off, peoolé are allowed personal pastimes.

I haven't said they aren't?

The point being, if for example a business partner / somebody who deals with my employer sponsored a football match or something and I was making statements or singing about them then it looks bad on me doesn't it when I go into work? Whether I say they are personal views or not.

Of course I may dislike them, but I have to be professional dont I?

torchomatic

I find it strange that people only want integrity, honesty and openness from one side, not both.

Why do you equate people wanting honesty and accountability from the council to people wanting SISU to remain as owners?

The simple fact is that the council's actions have placed us in a situation where SISU are likely to stay as owners for much longer than if they had obtained stadium ownership as at present the stadium situation will put off any prospective purchasers.

Last edited:

torchomatic

skybluetony176

Council win written all over it, we have a situation where two parties have been arguing backbiting, slagging each other off for a period of 2 years or so which for me is irrelevant however the point is did this clearly fractious situation get in the way of SISU having a chance of buying a stake, or lease etc of ACL. Personally I think this did and that CCC made the conscious decision of moving Wasps in and making a quick deal to get this problem off their books (and with that SISU with it).

We all know that SISU have been a nightmare from the start but we are now in a position that we don't have a home to call our own so whilst the council probably solved a short term cash issue they have made irreparable damage to the long term future of our club. I think if SISU had the ground, we would have been put up for sale and would have seen the back of our wonderful owners.

The only thing that got in SISU's way was SISU themselves. They never placed a bid with the council for their share of ACL despite not only being invited to, JS even had AL in her Mayfair office to discuss it yet no bid was forthcoming. Can't really blame anyone but SISU for that. Had SISU placed a serious offer, any offer for that matter this ethics committee hearing might actually have a purpose. I doubt it will end up accomplishing anything. No one's behaviour will change and anyone's behaviour from the past didn't change the outcome of anything simply because SISU never made any formal offer for the councils share of ACL. It's that simple for me.

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

The council did not want to sell their share to the club. For example when enquiring about income rights the club was quoted a grotesque and absurd amount of 24m. It was widely thought CCC would veto any sale of the AH share to SISU. Therefore SISU were never in a position to make the CCC an offer. Now this due to some of their own actions and also that of the CCC. Let's not forget SISU were the CCC preferred bidder as they weren't interested in the Ricoh. So CCC not selling their share to SISU is not entirely of SISU's making. So not quite as simple as you make out. The only way to the bottom of this is an independent inquiry. I would also prefer if the inquiry covered from inception of the arena until now. Doubt that would happen though. I for one would like answers. Preferably from both sides. SISU though don't have to answer to me or you or anyone else though. We didn't vote them in, we don't pay their wages and we never really thought much of them anyway. We have hardly been surprised by their actions.

skybluetony176

The council did not want to sell their share to the club. For example when enquiring about income rights the club was quoted a grotesque and absurd amount of 24m. It was widely thought CCC would veto any sale of the AH share to SISU. Therefore SISU were never in a position to make the CCC an offer. Now this due to some of their own actions and also that of the CCC. Let's not forget SISU were the CCC preferred bidder as they weren't interested in the Ricoh. So CCC not selling their share to SISU is not entirely of SISU's making. So not quite as simple as you make out. The only way to the bottom of this is an independent inquiry. I would also prefer if the inquiry covered from inception of the arena until now. Doubt that would happen though. I for one would like answers. Preferably from both sides. SISU though don't have to answer to me or you or anyone else though. We didn't vote them in, we don't pay their wages and we never really thought much of them anyway. We have hardly been surprised by their actions.

Complete supposition. Without a bid it means nothing. You're speculating on what might have happened if something that never happened, happened.

We'll never know. The first step on the path has never been trodden on. It really is that simple.

SkyBlueZack

You're also speculating though aren't you? You are not privvy to all the details. You're not Joy or Ann? You say SISU never made an offer even though Joy met Ann in Mayfair. Now was an offer made during that meeting? Can you say categorically there was or wasn't? What if Joy made an offer but Ann didn't think it was acceptable? The whole situation is what ifs, buts and maybes. This is why an inquiry is needed. Something isn't right about it all. Long as SISU get bashed though hey? What you all have to realise is SISU don't get bashed. The club and fans do.

italiahorse

Nothing will change if we do ever get to the bottom of it.
All this does is drag out the pain and delay Sisu leaving the club.
Wasps will be here for many years to come so all we can do is make the most of it.
Not ideal but it's reality.

italiahorse

You're also speculating though aren't you? You are not privvy to all the details. You're not Joy or Ann? You say SISU never made an offer even though Joy met Ann in Mayfair. Now was an offer made during that meeting? Can you say categorically there was or wasn't? What if Joy made an offer but Ann didn't think it was acceptable? The whole situation is what ifs, buts and maybes. This is why an inquiry is needed. Something isn't right about it all. Long as SISU get bashed though hey? What you all have to realise is SISU don't get bashed. The club and fans do.

If Sisu made an offer it is to the council and she is obliged to bring it to the council.

You know in reality that no offer was made.

Users who are viewing this thread