Council Hearing Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is:

He adds that Coun Mutton told him they were his “honestly held beliefs.”

I am sure they were, but it doesn't change it does it?

I could honestly hold a lot of beliefs, people do about gay people for example but doesn't mean they are ok.

torchomatic

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd.

What I don't get is:

I am sure they were, but it doesn't change it does it?

I could honestly hold a lot of beliefs, people do about gay people for example but doesn't mean they are ok.

Nick

Administrator
This is all a bit one sided.

We expect to be able to see all the councils dirty underwear but Sisu emails and discussions are not up for review ................. ever.

Move on ..... No smoking gun here.
Just wish Sisu would move on and we can start to build bridges.

Nobody has said there is a smoking gun, but when you post move on every 10 minutes because of the possibility of you not agreeing with the outcome / things that come out. Imagine if people posted move on to you when we were at Sixfields or every time you posted you weren't supporting CCFC any more.

Nobody expects the council to be found to have done anything wrong do they?

Otis

We expect to be able to see all the councils dirty underwear but Sisu emails and discussions are not up for review ................. ever.

Or a stadium! ;)

Nick

Administrator
Mr Goacher seems to be on the council's defence the way somethings are being worded.

Skyblueweeman

But this is about the sale of the Ricoh, sanctioned by CCC to Wasps. Why would you need to see SISUs emails for this?

torchomatic

You're mistaken, Nick. He's "independent", don't forget.

Mr Goacher seems to be on the council's defence the way somethings are being worded.

Sky Blue Kid

Wonder why the "Media PR" against the council championed by the award winning Mr Les Reid expressing his support for JS and SISU whilst working for the CT hasn't been ... Wait a minute, The CT can't be slagged off at that time for showing support for the squeaky clean owners of CCFC..... but now it's ok!

Nick

Administrator
There was certainly a recognition of the council needing to put out a position in relation to a high profile building.”

Interesting he keeps wording it as the council too, I thought it was ACL?

Nick

Administrator
Sisu lawyer asks: “Who should take responsibility for the comments we complain about, the councillors or Coventry City Council?”Mr Goacher said: “The individuals that made those.”
He says it’s his opinion that they did not break the code of conduct.Asked again if they amounted to a lack of respect, Mr Goacher said of the “Sisu greed” comment: “Frustration makes the comments less temperate than they may otherwise be. There is a lack of respect on behalf of councillor Mutton but they are made by a councillor in a political context which means they do not amount to a breach of the code.

italiahorse

But this is about the sale of the Ricoh, sanctioned by CCC to Wasps. Why would you need to see SISUs emails for this?

It's the ethics committee.
Surely ethics works both ways ??

It's like being chastised by someone but it's only what you say back that's is being scrutinised.

We will NEVER know Sisu's ethics on this .... although I could hazard a guess.

torchomatic

Come one! Where've you been? I've been waiting for you for the last couple of hours.

Something that they only have themselves to blame for. You'll wake up to that fact one day.

Nick

Administrator
They own the building and half of ACL. Surely they are entitled to an opinion on a hostile takeover attempt ?

Because it is always said all the Weber Shandwick Pr and stuff was for ACL and not the council..... Yet this guy keeps mentioning the council did this, the council did that rather than ACL did this, ACL did that...

Terry Gibson's perm

Just imagine if sisu put as much time money and effort into the football side of the business we would be top of the premiership.

chiefdave

It's the ethics committee.
Surely ethics works both ways ??

The difference is CCC are a publicly accountable body who should abide by certain codes of conduct. The same can't be said of SISU, their only requirement is not to break the law.

Nick

Administrator
It's the 'council' ethics committee !!

Yes, but the comment was about the PR stuff...

But it has always been said it was ACL using Weber shandwick and dealing with it, but he keeps saying the council did this, the council did that...

As in the council were doing the PR, not ACL ;)

chiefdave

It's the 'council' ethics committee !!

And it's the councils code of conduct.

One requirement is honesty. How can they claim they have abided by that when it is known as fact that they consistently put out false information?

Another is openness, can anyone say that has been applied surrounding Wasps takeover?

They are required to act solely in the public interest, i.e.: not make decisions based on personal grievances. Again this doesn't seem to be the case.

italiahorse

Yes, but the comment was about the PR stuff...

But it has always been said it was ACL using Weber shandwick and dealing with it, but he keeps saying the council did this, the council did that...

As in the council were doing the PR, not ACL ;)

Have you got a problem with PR ?
It's what everybody does, surely ?
It means 'Public Relations' after all.

Nick

Administrator
Have you got a problem with PR ?
It's what everybody does, surely ?
It means 'Public Relations' after all.

I am not sure you are keeping up.

It is always been said that it was ACL using Weber Shandwick etc and not the Council....

The council have a big PR team, they will of course do it ;)

Nick

Administrator
Looks like a Tory councillor doesn't agree.

Tory Coun Allan Andrews is now looking at the press comments made by Coun Mutton.
He asks why they were not considered a breach of the code.
---------------

He looks through Weber Shandwick emails.He asks who is being encouraged by the PR firm to launch a “PR strategy” - he says “presumably it means ACL”?
He says an email referencing that Joy Seppala’s address is available online is “disturbing”.
The email went on to say that someone working in the press at the time was keen to doorstep Ms Seppala.

Mr Goacher said it was his view that any PR activity was being signed off by ACL, rather than the council directly.

italiahorse

And it's the councils code of conduct.

One requirement is honesty. How can they claim they have abided by that when it is known as fact that they consistently put out false information?

Another is openness, can anyone say that has been applied surrounding Wasps takeover?

They are required to act solely in the public interest, i.e.: not make decisions based on personal grievances. Again this doesn't seem to be the case.

There will be no pleasing you ..... ever.

Other than CCC giving the Ricoh to Sisu (if they really could afford it) they will always be criticised by a few CCFC fans on here for not doing so.
All the evidence, hearings, JR outcomes point that what happened was the only outcome possible.

Wasps were there to take advantage of Sisu messing up.

torchomatic

Whoosh.

Other than CCC giving the Ricoh to Sisu (if they really could afford it) they will always be criticised by a few CCFC fans on here for not doing so.
All the evidence, hearings, JR outcomes point that what happened was the only outcome possible.

chiefdave

There is not one scrap of evidence that says selling to Wasps was the only outcome possible. There is simply no way that could ever be asserted as ACL wasn't placed for sale on the open market.

I have consistently said what should have happened was an open, honest and transparent sales process. I don't see why you have such an issue with that.

italiahorse

I am not sure you are keeping up.

It is always been said that it was ACL using Weber Shandwick etc and not the Council....

The council have a big PR team, they will of course do it ;)

To be honest. Sisu are the 'dog shit' on the pavement of life and I just wish they would move on and let us rebuild the club without them.
Other than a few Sisu hangers on, no one wants them here.

torchomatic

There are no hangers on. No one wants them here.

Same could be said regarding Wasps, of course...

Otis

Looks like a Tory councillor doesn't agree.
Wouldn't Tories though say the sky wasn't blue if Labour says it was.

You never listened to prime minister's questions?

You say potato, I say tomato!!

Nick

Administrator
To be honest. Sisu are the 'dog shit' on the pavement of life and I just wish they would move on and let us rebuild the club without them.

Who? Amazing how you have digs are people aren't as extreme as you, after you were having a go at people for not backing SISU.... :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Coun Andrews asks why Mr Goacher didn’t ask for context of why a council officer reportedly said the council should “go on the offensive” with Sisu in the press.

Mr Goacher says he didn’t believe the meeting where she was supposed to have made these comments would have been properly minuted as it was a private member briefing.

Again, Council going on the offensive, not ACL.....

chiefdave

Why do you equate people wanting honesty and accountability from the council to people wanting SISU to remain as owners?

The simple fact is that the council's actions have placed us in a situation where SISU are likely to stay as owners for much longer than if they had obtained stadium ownership as at present the stadium situation will put off any prospective purchasers.

wince

There is not one scrap of evidence that says selling to Wasps was the only outcome possible. There is simply no way that could ever be asserted as ACL wasn't placed for sale on the open market.

I have consistently said what should have happened was an open, honest and transparent sales process. I don't see why you have such an issue with that.
Top Top post , we all know sisu are accountable to themselves , the council however, are accountable to the public purse , you don't have to like it but that is a fact , for the record I have allways said the blame for this mess is 50 /50

Nick

Administrator
Coun Mutton says “I’ll be careful how I word this, I’m married!” before going on to explain that the reported hug with Ms Seppala at the end of one meeting wasn’t a one off example of how they had communicated in the past.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread