Council Hearing Match Thread (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

Can't see anything but a Council victory here. Lucas, Mutton and the Telegraph have played a blinder.

chiefdave

CT said:
The private pre-meeting is underway

See its a nice and transparent process then!

CT said:
The panel is chaired by Labour Councillor Joseph Clifford and includes Labour colleagues Coun Damian Gannon, Coun John McNicholas and Coun Linda Bigham as well as Tory member Coun Allan Andrews.

So basically for this to move forward will need the turkeys to vote for Xmas.

Captain Dart

An open letter has been penned, worth a read:
http://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/...h-inquiry-and-fairer-coventry-city-deal-2992/

Can't really see anything in there anyone would object to. Personally I think an independent enquiry into the whole thing would be great.

Dated May 2015, yawn.

Also I see Dave deliberately omitted to mention the independent advisor..
The committee will be supported by an independent person - Ken Sloan, chief operating officer at Warwick University - who submits their own views for consideration and the panel formally decide if allegations of wrongdoing have any foundation.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It has always been council staff judging whether anything has been done wrong :)

It is never going to show them of any wrong doing.

Skyblueweeman

Captain Dart

But being pushed again as there has yet to be a response to it from any of the people / organisations it was addressed to.

Why? Because Joy wants it, not good enough reason. This is just shit flinging & hoping something will stick, the only sensible response it to ignore it.

Wouldn't be worth doing unless there was access to SISU internal mail and i see the proposed terms exclude any investigation of them.

torchomatic

Fear not Anne. Captain Dart to the rescue!

chiefdave

Why? Because Joy wants it, not good enough reason. This is just shit flinging & hoping something will stick, the only sensible response it to ignore it.

Nothing to do with what Joy does or doesn't want. There are many unanswered questions surrounding the sale of ACL to Wasps. An independent enquiry would give everyone, on both 'sides', a clear picture of exactly what happened and bring to light any wrongdoing in the process. What possible reason could anyone have for not wanting that?

Wouldn't be worth doing unless there was access to SISU internal mail and i see the proposed terms exclude any investigation of them.

Why on earth would you need that. SISU weren't involved in the sale of ACL to Wasps? Personally I would like a much wider ranging independent enquiry covering the administration process and back to the era of Richardson but there is zero chance of that happening and given that none of those involved in running CCFC are not publicly accountable bodies they are entitled, legally if not morally, to operate in a 'in it for themselves' manner.

Nick

Administrator
Why on earth would you need that. SISU weren't involved in the sale of ACL to Wasps? Personally I would like a much wider ranging independent enquiry covering the administration process and back to the era of Richardson but there is zero chance of that happening and given that none of those involved in running CCFC are not publicly accountable bodies they are entitled, legally if not morally, to operate in a 'in it for themselves' manner.

Would be good to have a full investigation into everybody involved.

torchomatic

Is is that the independent advisor with a "long and distinguished career in local government"?

Dated May 2015, yawn.

chiefdave

Dated May 2015, yawn.

Because I was listing who was on the panel, Sloan is not on the panel. I didn't list SISU's lawyers, or the council's PR people who are in attendance either and will no doubt be involved.

chiefdave

Sounds like they want everybody to see summat!

Nothing to see here! Apparently the only reason they weren't made available is that it takes so long for the council to get anything scanned! Someone's been dispatched to go and make photocopies for those in attendance.

Nick

Administrator
You can tell how it is being reported thoughts about it ;)

We’re now onto the “deliberate media campaign against Sisu”.

It is as if somebody as sat there doing the quote marks with the fingers like Austin Powers...

torchomatic

Oh look, shit for brains is back. And on the contrary, I blame them for a lot. The other side too, you know the ones you NEVER blame for anything...

That's because you've got your head so far up SISU's a**e you don't blame them for anything!

Sky Blue Kid

Sisu Lawyer Ms Lawrence says Mr Goacher’s assessment of Coun Mutton’s behaviour as “rude” during Ricoh Arena talks in 2012 is an “over simplification”. She said he was also “aggressive”.

She is also re-outlining allegations of a “media campaign” against Sisu that we heard last time out.
She highlights quote from Coun Mutton: “It’s absolutely true that Sisu is a predator with greed running through its DNA” and “urging Sisu to get their heads out their backsides.”

She says the first comment is “completely unacceptable”.

But the second is ok then? Lmfao:pointlaugh:

Nick

Administrator
She’s now reading emails from Weber Shadwick and highlights one which says the council / Higgs were “clearly winning the media war”.She asks why there was perceived to be a media war when negotiations were meant to be ongoing with Sisu about the Ricoh Arena.
More emails from Weber Shandwick which mention a “PR attack on Joy” have been read out.

torchomatic

#Ccfc reminds @coventrycc councl hearing of chief exec Reeves secret talks with @covtelegraph editor,who sat on bailout story till deal done

Nick

Administrator
#Ccfc reminds @coventrycc councl hearing of chief exec Reeves secret talks with @covtelegraph editor,who sat on bailout story till deal done

Where's that from? Can't see that on Telegraph site?

Edit, there is now!

Email mentioning “constructive talks” between council chief executive Martin Reeves, and then Coventry Telegraph editor Alun Thorne, have been read out.Sisu lawyer now referencing comments about Sisu in the press again.
She says they were “gratuitous and in some cases offensive”.
She says the behaviour of the councillors fell short of that expected in the code of conduct.
She also thinks Mr Goacher’s investigation wasn’t up to scratch and thinks any findings based on this investigation are “unsound”.

Sky Blue Kid

I suggest you take a look at posts made by me a couple of weeks ago that "Over the last 12 months" I now think BOTH sides are as bad as each other. Or don't you actually read posts..Just guess what I say? Whereas YOU can't get in quick enough to slag off CCC. I can't think of a time that you've said anything detremental about SISU, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Nick

Administrator
I'd be happy with Lucas and Seppalla having a scrap at half time, money goes to charity!

Sky Blue Kid

59206_1.jpg
Wondering where I'd seen Anne Lucas before... She was secretly Diedre Barlow in Corrie.:D

torchomatic

zeldapic_image_large.jpg

Anne Lucas arrives at today's hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread