Council have a stadium team for CCFC ?? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
So they agreed to put some PR out and Duggins has forgotten about the story?

It's embarrassing.

Sky Blue Pete

As expected Neil was deliberately misleading by putting his own slant on an old story to try & paint Council = Good, SISU = Bad yet again. :rolleyes:

That’s silly. Neil was the comms guy for the trust so he knows what he’s trying to do one would suggest. Without wanting to be paranoid of course.

What I want to say to cllr duggins is why the hell have they not got someone who can be approached. A successful football team in the city brings significant money. It’s insane it’s not on someone’s portfolio

Nick

Administrator
That’s silly. Neil was the comms guy for the trust so he knows what he’s trying to do one would suggest. Without wanting to be paranoid of course.

What I want to say to cllr duggins is why the hell have they not got someone who can be approached. A successful football team in the city brings significant money. It’s insane it’s not on someone’s portfolio

Neil runs a PR company, you would really hope he knows.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The issue with this council is they are narrow minded. Look at student housing schemes empty until further notice as lectures have gone on line and they are still building for students rather than families. People go on about lost revenue round the Ricoh because Sisu left but the council get a free ride.

shmmeee

The issue with this council is they are narrow minded. Look at student housing schemes empty until further notice as lectures have gone on line and they are still building for students rather than families. People go on about lost revenue round the Ricoh because Sisu left but the council get a free ride.

Nah you’ve triggered me now.

The council doesn’t control the property market, if you go to any growing university city you’ll find the same things. I know because I’m helping the likes of Cassidy find the opportunities in Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham, etc.

Ten years ago everyone was bitching at the council that the city centre was tired and lifeless and low rise and also that students were taking over residential areas and pushing up prices. The move to push student living into the town centre is the right one and it’s up to developers, not planners, to worry about the viability of such schemes going forward (and they have whole teams dedicated to that task).

And let’s not even start on the idea that even if they did have that responsibility, expecting anyone to have predicted coronavirus is just ludicrous.

Jesus, the desperation on here to stick the boot into the council at every opportunity doesn’t half lead to some stupid shit being posted.

The council doesn’t control the property market, if you go to any growing university city you’ll find the same things. I know because I’m helping the likes of Cassidy find the opportunities in Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham, etc.

Ten years ago everyone was bitching at the council that the city centre was tired and lifeless and low rise and also that students were taking over residential areas and pushing up prices. The move to push student living into the town centre is the right one and it’s up to developers, not planners, to worry about the viability of such schemes going forward (and they have whole teams dedicated to that task).

And let’s not even start on the idea that even if they did have that responsibility, expecting anyone to have predicted coronavirus is just ludicrous.

Jesus, the desperation on here to stick the boot into the council at every opportunity doesn’t half lead to some stupid shit being posted.
I said the continued reliance on student economy is biting it in the arse. We should be building affordable homes for locals to live in who are here all year round. With government strategy moving away from university education to apprenticeship schemes instead there will be less focus on University education. The current health issues have shown that you should not have all your eggs in one basket, spending a million quid on a fucking hotel is another prime example that probably hasn't triggered you either!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I said the continued reliance on student economy is biting it in the arse. We should be building affordable homes for locals to live in who are here all year round. With government strategy moving away from university education to apprenticeship schemes instead there will be less focus on University education. The current health issues have shown that you should not have all your eggs in one basket, spending a million quid on a fucking hotel is another prime example that probably hasn't triggered you either!

I agree about the diverse economy but fact is we (and many other cities) become intrinsically linked to one or two industries that they become reliant on as related industries in the supply chain follow and when they decline the area takes a massive hit. Uni could be the next after weaving, watches, bicycles and cars.

But having the high rise student accommodation helps with the affordable homes as less of them around the city are being converted in HMO's for students. It still doesn't help with private landlords paying above the odds because it's a business for them but is a step in the right direction. Plus if the sector does see a massive downturn they can be quite quickly turned into affordable apartments for locals.

It's not within the council planning remit to be able to say no to a development just on a whim - it has to specifically not follow planning guidelines or in specific cases where you have conservation areas and they don't 'fit'.

I agree about the diverse economy but fact is we (and many other cities) become intrinsically linked to one or two industries that they become reliant on as related industries in the supply chain follow and when they decline the area takes a massive hit. Uni could be the next after weaving, watches, bicycles and cars.

But having the high rise student accommodation helps with the affordable homes as less of them around the city are being converted in HMO's for students. It still doesn't help with private landlords paying above the odds because it's a business for them but is a step in the right direction. Plus if the sector does see a massive downturn they can be quite quickly turned into affordable apartments for locals.

It's not within the council planning remit to be able to say no to a development just on a whim - it has to specifically not follow planning guidelines or in specific cases where you have conservation areas and they don't 'fit'.
It's also linked to occupancy rates and the council can reject on those grounds? Current tensions with China will inevitably reduce numbers coming over as well. It's just short sighted and we should as a city be diversifying into other areas that will be needed post Brexit. Any way they all fuck it up one way or the other!

Sky Blue Pete

What’s the best way to talk with councillors for them to see the benefit of putting some resource in this area and maybe being proactive about supporting ccfc to play at home

shmmeee

What’s the best way to talk with councillors for them to see the benefit of putting some resource in this area and maybe being proactive about supporting ccfc to play at home

God knows. Contrary to popular belief I don’t know much about how the council works. Only things I’ve complained/wanted to talk about I’ve been advised to talk to whoever was in charge of that department. CCFC covers a bit of everything so sadly Duggins is probably your best bet.

I do mean it when I say there’s not much they can do without Sisu having proposed a site though. I get the impression they feel a new ground isn’t needed or beneficial to the city with the Ricoh already there, but that’s just gut feeling. They can’t force Wasps to offer us a deal nor Sisu to accept it. At best once Sisu have a plan they can help but until then it’s just “soft power” crap, which is why Sisu going in burning all the bridges they could find and allying themselves with chancers like Reid and Nikki whatsherface was an extremely dumb move. You can’t beat a council by brute force, Aikido rather than Wrestling is what’s needed IMO. They don’t face the same pressures a business does.

Sky Blue Pete

God knows. Contrary to popular belief I don’t know much about how the council works. Only things I’ve complained/wanted to talk about I’ve been advised to talk to whoever was in charge of that department. CCFC covers a bit of everything so sadly Duggins is probably your best bet.

I do mean it when I say there’s not much they can do without Sisu having proposed a site though. I get the impression they feel a new ground isn’t needed or beneficial to the city with the Ricoh already there, but that’s just gut feeling. They can’t force Wasps to offer us a deal nor Sisu to accept it. At best once Sisu have a plan they can help but until then it’s just “soft power” crap, which is why Sisu going in burning all the bridges they could find and allying themselves with chancers like Reid and Nikki whatsherface was an extremely dumb move. You can’t beat a council by brute force, Aikido rather than Wrestling is what’s needed IMO. They don’t face the same pressures a business does.
I think that’s a good shout about them not being a business. I do know many people who have been and are still in the council mostly wonderful servants but some big big egos

shmmeee

I think that’s a good shout about them not being a business. I do know many people who have been and are still in the council mostly wonderful servants but some big big egos

Ultimately you’re only answerable to the electorate and in most seats that is more about the area or the national politics than your personal brand. MPs are the same. Think everyone votes for them and not the rosette they’re wearing 😉

Nick

Administrator

Reversing

This was his problem in the trust, he couldn't deal with his contradictions being pointed out.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s daft anyway. Why exercise himself on this rather than pulling everyone together to get a deal over the line for a win win for everyone including ccc

chiefdave

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Pete

PSB Group
@psb_group
·
6h
Omg we are in such exciting times, all these players we are signing look different gravy, hurry up and take our money for a box right now FireFireFireFireBlue heartBlue heartBlue heartBlue heartBlue heart #PUSB

Wonder if he’d buy one at St. Andrews?

Nick

Administrator
Yep, the timing of his outburst surely not a coincidence.

It's pretty obvious, it will be mentioned again.

"CCC are disappointed as we had a full time dedicated team working on trying to help CCFC but they chose not to"

Obviously the issue with that is that Duggins wasn't in the loop.

Users who are viewing this thread